summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

on February 22, 2014
I have to admit, I *almost* didn't purchase this item after reading some of the reviews. Many of the reviews paint this jewelry cleaner in a bad light and truly almost deterred me from trying it for myself but something in my gut kept nagging at me to go forth. I'm really glad I did.

So what you have to run some of the jewelry through a few times before removing all the tarnish! Honestly, at least I'm not scrubbing and polishing getting my hands dirty and dried out. Yes, it works MUCH better if you add a cleaner to the water and I'm glad I read that in the reviews so I could order it at the same time but for the price, this machine does what it promises to do. It does take up to six or seven cycles to clean highly tarnished silver but again, it's not spending my energy in the process and I was quite surprised that it does get the thick tarnish off without elbow grease!

I tried running the cycle with and without special cleaner (I just got the stuff here that is for use with these types of jewelry systems) and truthfully, though in the description it says it cleans with just water, using the special cleaner is needed. I'm sure you can clean very lightly soiled items with plain water but anything with visible dirt or grime does need the specialized cleaner.

Again, for the price, this is totally worth it in my opinion and I am glad I trusted my gut on this one. I have no regrets about purchasing it and would buy it again in the future.

Happy shopping!!!
on October 17, 2012
got this as a gift for my wife who was very please to receive it. She likes antique jewellery and this product radically improved the luster of many of her pieces. I also tried cleaning my glasses and it did get most of the grime out but not all. For the price and the noticeable results it achieves it was well worth it to purchase. Shipping was timely.
on January 12, 2011
Bought this as a gift for my wife as she wanted something to clean her jewellry with. She has been very happy with it. She is constantly cleaning her wedding and engagement ring in it and can't beleive what a good job it does, and what a difference it makes.
on June 1, 2015
I bought this on the recommendation of a friend who has had his for a couple of years. My intention was to use it mainly for cleaning the dust and oil accumulated on the glass crystals on my lighting near my kitchen area. It works very well (see photos below of before and after). One cycle (~3 minutes) with water and about 1 teaspoon of mild detergent was used. I did a thorough rinse after. This also worked wonders on my glasses silicone coated nosepads which had accumulated some dark stains.

Minor nitpick is that the rubber grommet/strainrelief attached to the cord was not inserted at the case. I had to push it in with a bit of workout with my fingers.
review image review image
on January 3, 2013
quite small stylish jewelry cleaner...has cleaned my rings amazingly so far...will be trying other jewelry now that I know what it can do.
on February 4, 2012
This product was delivered very quickly. It is very easy to use and your Jewlery comes out Sparkling Clean. Nice not to have to take my jewlery to the Jewlery Store to be cleaned. Three minutes in the machine and they look brand new.
on January 6, 2013
Unit is very easy to use and works really well. Rings sparkle!! Used it with the Blitz Jewellery cleaner for jewellery that has not been cleaned in a while and came out sparkling.
on November 21, 2013
Does a nice job on jewelry, and a better job on eyeglasses. I use warm water and a small amt of dish det'r'g, rinse under hot water and dry with paper towel.
on January 19, 2012
For the price, this is good value. Have used it to clean dental appliances, eyeglasses and some jewellery, with water only. Works well - sometimes run things through repeatedly to get more clean. Nice compact design. Worth the price.
on April 21, 2015
I use this to clean my makeup brushes, i'm a makeup artist and need to clean my brushes a ton! and this really saves me a lot of time and effort. what I do is mixing shampoo and water in the tank, just regular cheap shampoo is fine, stir it into water, and then simply throw my brushes in there for 3 minutes, VOILA! take them out, rinse under running water, and you are done!
HOWEVER, with this strength at this frequency range, it cannot get into hard corners, like inside a dense foundation brush or any other heavily soiled dense brushes, I still hand wash those alone, but that's like only a couple out of 10's or 20's of brushes i need to wash, you can finish hand washing them while others are in the ultrasonic cleaner, and finally just rinse them all.
I did a lot of research on how ultrasonic works before i purchased this, because I was afraid of hurting the natural hair bristles, but it turns out to be just fine, it's really the cleansing solution you use that decides how the bristles turn out and how long they live. and for both natural hair and synthetic ones, they are perfectly fine with regular shampoo, but not with some well known brand brush cleaner in my case.
hope this would help other MUAs <3