5.0 out of 5 stars Shipping super fast.
I placed the order at 15:45hr on the 13 july, and received the package at 11;45hr on the 14 july. Can't beat this service, as the crow flies we are at a distance of 50km from the supplier.
Published on July 14 2011 by Gbrouil-Pincourt. QC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but could be better
The image quality from this product is excellent.

The only problem i find with this unit,
Is that after doing the first auto-scan, with my antenna pointing south,
if i want to add other channels, by pointing my antenna north,
there is no automatic added re-scan, like on my other unit.

You have to look-up each channel,add them manually,...
Published on Aug. 21 2011 by Serge Brouillard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but could be better, Aug. 21 2011
This review is from: Zinwell ZAT-970A Digital to Analog TV Converter Box (for Antenna Use) (Electronics)
The image quality from this product is excellent.

The only problem i find with this unit,
Is that after doing the first auto-scan, with my antenna pointing south,
if i want to add other channels, by pointing my antenna north,
there is no automatic added re-scan, like on my other unit.

You have to look-up each channel,add them manually, and than the
unit defaults back to the last channel you scanned ( and found).

Also the channel the unit displays, is not the actual channel you see on the tv,
so you have to manually scan each of them from 2 to 69, for each position
of your antenna, but it only has to be done once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shipping super fast., July 14 2011
Easy to hook up and works very well. The only observation that I have is: On the Quick Start Up Guide, Step 5, don't look for a DIGITAL/ANALOG button, the unit just does the switching automatically, there is no button.
Must say all in all very satisfied costumer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased with the Zinwell Digital Converter, July 30 2012
eburs (Etobicoke, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
The Zinwell ZAT-970a digital to analog converter does everything it promises. I get 27 channels and sub-channels off-the-air in the south Etobicoke (Toronto) area. I use a Terk HDTVa amplified indoor antenna. The amplified antenna noticeably helps reception with this unit. Each channel can show signal strength and quality. This helps aiming the antenna for the first time. The analog pass-through feature works when I power off the converter box. The analog signals are poor in my area, so I will not be using this feature. The quality of the new HD channels is superb. I can now say goodbye to my cable carrier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not The Product for Me, Jan. 10 2012
I purchased an inappropriate product BUT the customer service with Electronique Hi-Fi is unbeatable. It took only a couple of hours for them to get my email and give me permission to return it. Had I kept it, I would also need to purchase an antenna. I decided to get cable service instead. Thank you ELECTRINIQUE HI-FI! I do hope I will need you again and that I will be smarter next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, Sept. 17 2011
Just the perfect thing i needed at this time to tune the same tv channels i use to before this change to numeric from analogic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Image quality is fine. Sensitivity is higher as my first scan late ..., July 20 2014
Bought this DtoA converter to replace a 5 year old obsolete unit that was gradually failing on certain HD channels. Image quality is fine. Sensitivity is higher as my first scan late one evening found 40 channels ( normally only 23 are usable). Features I miss with this brand are the "Previous channel" button and the Add on channel scan. Also an annoying feature is on weak signals the popup data display interferes with watching the show. Having the 4 or 8 hour auto shutoff is a plus which should help this unit last longer. Oh and there is an un-labelled button on the lower right of my controller for changing the picture aspect (Wide Normal Zoom Stretch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent produit, Sept. 27 2011
Francis Bilodeau "Bilou55" (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
C'est le produit qui va me permettre de regarder la télévision sans le câble avec une qualité d'image exceptionnelle.
Merci Zinwell !

FB

4.0 out of 5 stars Installation facile, July 5 2011
Le convertisseur fait tout ce dont je m'attendais. Je reçois 4 ou 5 postes avec une antenne placée à côté de la TV.

Par contre j'aime moins la télécommande. Je vais vouloir la remplacer par une télécommande programmable, car les boutons sont trop petits, et la télécommande est trop petite, trop légère et se tient mal en main. Il y a un contrôle de volume, mais je vais le laisser au maximum et programmer la télécommande pour changer le volume de la TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars best from Consumer Report Magazine and cheapest on Amazon, Dec 18 2011
The tile of my review sais everything: best decoder and cheap on amazon! bla bla bla (20 word minimum per reviews)

3.0 out of 5 stars Un petit conseil pour Amazon.ca, Oct. 12 2011
J'ai bien reçu le convertisseur Zinwell, je l'ai installé et ça fonctionne très bien. Cependant, j'ai failli ne pas le recevoir puisque la compagnie UPS a laissé le colis à la porte à l'extérieur. Je croyais que la compagnie UPS laissait un avis de livraison, mais non il laisse les colis à l'extérieur alors que n'importe qui passant sur ma rue aura pu prendre le colis. Pas très professionnel. Donc à l'avenir je vais essayer d'éviter de commander chez Amazon.ca à moins qu'il décide de confier le transport des colis à une compagnie plus sérieuse

Claude