Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: DVDChange

on November 5, 2015
As i previously stated, the 1st & 2nd years of the series MASH were the best ! Funny, well written,
and political correctness had not yet invaded the N. American culture yet.
After the these 1st couple of seasons, the show steadily declined, in every aspect regarding the
comedy and the original premise that the show was based on. ( making fun / light of the Korean War,
and war in general, while still giving an impression of how awful any war is.
The next couple season, 3 & 4 were tolerable i suppose, but did not compare to these earlier episodes.
Season 5 onward were just awful, and pretty much unwatchable, the final nail being when Frank left the
show. ( Larry Linville )
Unfortunately i think most of the issues with the series as it progressed each year could be found in the
ever growing ego and input of Alan Alda. It got to be preachy, and by the end it was one big happy family
at the 4077th. Yuckkkkkkkk !!
Not what the series was originally supposed to be, ( as it was based on the movie ) and no doubt it was
due in great part because the show ran so long. But it was a mere shadow of what it started as, which was
very well written comedy. ( and i do like Alan Alda, for the beginning anyway, just not afterwards when it
eventually became his domain, and he started directing many episodes - not sure about the writing but his
stamp seems to be all over it )
Oddly, ( and sadly ) the show kind of turned into the type of thing that an episode in season 1 was making fun
of - the episode "Yankee Doodle Doctor" which is how the show ended up being more or less.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 6, 2013
This is a series that goes back when I was a teenager and I found then as I do now I still get laughs out of this show. Although I still rate this series as a 4 star program, I highly recommend you DO NOT buy it from the website that I tried to buy the full series in the first place ( I bought it there because they had the FULL set for a more reasonable price and when I received it (the full series) and watched them there were many shows and discs that I could not watch. Seasons 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9 were seasons that were faulty so I had to buy them again. Now I am looking at what other sites have to offer for some of these older programs and so I am VERY careful these days as to WHERE I buy things like this. Regarding the website I bought this series in the first place -- for the money the price was good, for the quality it wasn't. I now check website reviews before I buy from a website I don't know much about. As for the series, wherever you buy them, it will be worth it and you won't have any regrets there as this is still a pretty good comedy.
on June 20, 2014
I grew up on this series, my dad never missed a show. Now that I'm older I wanted to watch it again. I could watch it over and over again. It's a classic. Great humour, not like today's humour. Recommend it to anyone and everyone.
on June 14, 2013
Only downside is these new MASH seasons don't have the descriptive episode guides in the front of them, that the old versions did. But it was the perfect price for hours of enjoyment!
on September 20, 2014
I love the series Mash. I used to rok my children while watching Mash. It is a classic. What is nice about it is their is no vulgarity
in the shows. Just clean comedy.
on November 22, 2009
This is the first of the "new" M*A*S*H packages that I have purchased. The folder is quite cheap - yet functional. The largest detraction (2 stars worth) is that there is no episode summary available - not even a piece of paper as to what episode is on each disc. While not essential for the first time round, when trying to find and episode to re-watch, this is essential. I know M*A*S*H fairly well, but I don't really want to have to memorize the episodes on each disc.
To Fox: Put out summaries you cheapos!
on November 22, 2011
M*A*S*H: Martinis and Medicine Collection (The Complete TV Series)
Pls refer to MASH Farewell review. Must see all 11 seasons.
on October 20, 2015
Such a classic even 40+ years later. My first love was Alan Alda ... rewatching it he is still da bomb :-)
on January 1, 2015
It is still as funny as it was on the television years ago.
on December 29, 2014