4.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute
This move was seriously cute. It was funny and well done. It's a lovable tale of never judging a person before you get to know them. I would reccommend this movie for anyone, all ages!
Published on Dec 28 2008 by Kirstie

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing
There was no tipoff in the Amazon description telling me that this video was only moderately animated. I remember a fully animated version from when I was a kid and this was not it. My little boy, who loves being read the story, didn't care very much for this.
Published on Oct. 15 1999 by Gary Sabshon

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute, Dec 28 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, Oct. 15 1999
Gary Sabshon "Rock Dad" (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Hoffman's character accents kept changing throughout his narration. The audio quality was muffled and sometimes hard to understand.
Personally, I don't understand why this format of animation is even used. Except that you can put your kid down and walk away, there is no heightening of the experience over simply reading the book.
I gave it a second star because it is a terrific book and the video presentation of the book can't be all bad based purely on the subject matter.
If the fully animated version is available, that would be my preference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the message., Sept. 9 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Horton Hears a Who (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Very entertaining movie with an uplifting message about trusting our own senses and staying true to what we know. Not sure what age group would get that but it's fun to watch anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad!, Dec 24 2000
Lauren (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
If you want to see the classic "Horton Hears A Who" in it's full glory, then you do not want to buy this! Instead, I suggest that for just a couple dollars more, you purchase the double feature of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" which includes the original Horton and all "Boil that dust speck" excitement (which I still find exciting at 15.....scary) Plus you get to watch the Grinch! I know for a fact that you can buy it on this site because I currently own it. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably Not What You Remember, Jan. 15 1999
If you remember the monkeys shouting "Boil That Dust speck" you might be disappointed with this video. It is not the original animated short you remember but in fact is a 94 remake. This is more accurately, "Dustin Hoffman reads Horton". Instead of real animation it is still pictures from the book with minor animation effects. My daughter still likes it, but it's not what I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big let down!, April 28 2001
By A Customer
I was hoping for the original animated classic and this is just pictures from the book and Dustin Hoffman reading the story. I have the book and I can read the book! I wanted to see those nasty monkeys and hear the songs! My son loves them. The description I read didn't really let on that this wasn't the original. I was very disapointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, March 13 2000
Very disappointing! It was more like a still picture collection rather than a video. I was looking forward to sharing the Video with my daughter the one I saw as a child. This was a different version with little to no animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like that not having to wait, July 17 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Horton Hears a Who (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Waa delovered very quick. I like that not having to wait. living up north gets annoying ehen waiting for things in the mail so I am very pleased

1.0 out of 5 stars No music, very little animation, Sept. 15 2000
By A Customer
This video was a reading of the book instead of the fully animated version with the catchy music that I remember seeing as a child.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, Sept. 1 2000
By A Customer
It was not the movie I remember as a kid. It is still pictures and someone reading the book. What happened to boil that dustspeck?

Horton Hears a Who (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 11.98 CDN$ 4.88