countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on December 28, 2008
This move was seriously cute. It was funny and well done. It's a lovable tale of never judging a person before you get to know them. I would reccommend this movie for anyone, all ages!
on September 9, 2009
Very entertaining movie with an uplifting message about trusting our own senses and staying true to what we know. Not sure what age group would get that but it's fun to watch anyway.
on October 15, 1999
There was no tipoff in the Amazon description telling me that this video was only moderately animated. I remember a fully animated version from when I was a kid and this was not it. My little boy, who loves being read the story, didn't care very much for this.
Hoffman's character accents kept changing throughout his narration. The audio quality was muffled and sometimes hard to understand.
Personally, I don't understand why this format of animation is even used. Except that you can put your kid down and walk away, there is no heightening of the experience over simply reading the book.
I gave it a second star because it is a terrific book and the video presentation of the book can't be all bad based purely on the subject matter.
If the fully animated version is available, that would be my preference.
on August 14, 2015
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? This story is based on his book of the same name and the actors add their brand of humour into the mix which makes for a very entertaining movie with a great message. The animation is stunning and Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell, and Carol Burnett are brilliant as the main characters. The rest of the cast are superb as well. Adults and children will enjoy this movie! Make some popcorn, sit back and enjoy!
on December 24, 2000
If you want to see the classic "Horton Hears A Who" in it's full glory, then you do not want to buy this! Instead, I suggest that for just a couple dollars more, you purchase the double feature of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" which includes the original Horton and all "Boil that dust speck" excitement (which I still find exciting at 15.....scary) Plus you get to watch the Grinch! I know for a fact that you can buy it on this site because I currently own it. :)
on January 15, 1999
If you remember the monkeys shouting "Boil That Dust speck" you might be disappointed with this video. It is not the original animated short you remember but in fact is a 94 remake. This is more accurately, "Dustin Hoffman reads Horton". Instead of real animation it is still pictures from the book with minor animation effects. My daughter still likes it, but it's not what I expected.
on April 28, 2001
I was hoping for the original animated classic and this is just pictures from the book and Dustin Hoffman reading the story. I have the book and I can read the book! I wanted to see those nasty monkeys and hear the songs! My son loves them. The description I read didn't really let on that this wasn't the original. I was very disapointed.
on July 17, 2014
Waa delovered very quick. I like that not having to wait. living up north gets annoying ehen waiting for things in the mail so I am very pleased
on March 13, 2000
Very disappointing! It was more like a still picture collection rather than a video. I was looking forward to sharing the Video with my daughter the one I saw as a child. This was a different version with little to no animation.
on November 22, 2015
I love all of doctor Seuss movies! They are always good and it has a great moral for children and Horton hears a who is no exception.