Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
on November 4, 2015
Ok, this is a toy steamer. It is not good for serious cooking.
- Water reservoir is too small - it takes 30 minutes for water level to drop from MAX to MIN.
- The drip tray is even smaller - it gets overfilled in 10-15 minutes, and what you have in the bottom busket gets boiled, not steamed. Excess of water from the tray forms a puddle around the steamer, and I'm not sure if it's safe from an electric shock.
- 3 buskets is a joke. You'll never get anything done on the third level.
Well, from my experience, the best thing you'll get from this "cooking device" is:
- cook raw meat and fish in the first level busket only
- don't leave the thing alone for longer then 10 minutes, interrupt cooking by removing all the buskets (beware of hot steam, don't burn your hands) to empty the drip tray (and for that, place the cooker near a kitchen sink)
- you can cook rice in a rice cooking bowl (included), even in the second level basket.
In short, not recommended.