summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on November 4, 2015
Ok, this is a toy steamer. It is not good for serious cooking.
- Water reservoir is too small - it takes 30 minutes for water level to drop from MAX to MIN.
- The drip tray is even smaller - it gets overfilled in 10-15 minutes, and what you have in the bottom busket gets boiled, not steamed. Excess of water from the tray forms a puddle around the steamer, and I'm not sure if it's safe from an electric shock.
- 3 buskets is a joke. You'll never get anything done on the third level.
Well, from my experience, the best thing you'll get from this "cooking device" is:
- cook raw meat and fish in the first level busket only
- don't leave the thing alone for longer then 10 minutes, interrupt cooking by removing all the buskets (beware of hot steam, don't burn your hands) to empty the drip tray (and for that, place the cooker near a kitchen sink)
- you can cook rice in a rice cooking bowl (included), even in the second level basket.
In short, not recommended.
on June 20, 2013
Very good quality, so easy to use, meal ready in no time. Put the food the water and turn it on, healthy tasty food every time. No need to guess the booklet explains it all, I use it pretty much every day and can't find any thing wrong with it.
on November 17, 2013
We were out for dinner at friend's and our hostess had this steamer. The food was yummy & perfectly done. The green vegetables were so dark green and lovely upon presentation. In this age when we are all more conscious of food additives and cooking, this has been, for me, a very smart choice. Would certainly recommend it. Easy storage as the cooking trays all stack within one another.
on September 19, 2015
I upgraded to the 3 tier from my Black and Decker 2 tier. I was disappointed to find out the tiers are not interchangeable. The bottom tier closest to the steam will always be done first if your doing a 3 stack of potatoes, but you can't just remove it and allow the others to cook. The upper tiers will not fit on the bottom spot. So you can't switch them around. I steam all our veggies. Never boil. So this is a big big issue. I would also like it to be easier to just turn it on for 5 min more. You have to start at 20 min and scroll through the timer past 60 to hit 5 min. Stupid. I think 3 stars may be too high, but it still functions as a steamer.
on August 29, 2014
The steamer's electronic system did not work. The Breville people are aware of a problem with the electronics and asked us to return the unit. They replaced our original purchase with a unit with the same problem. We are returning it and have requested a full refund.
on August 6, 2013
Does not feel like a solid product, it is all wobly. Quickly runs out of water. The cooking juices easily overflow the designated container. I bough a similar one in the SuperStore and it was twice cheaper and twice better.
on January 30, 2015
This steamer was a huge disappointment. It leaked from day one and it took forever to cook no matter what was in it. Even for the fish it needed more than 40 minutes. It was not worth our money and I have just decided to toss it in the garbage this evening. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody. I had a T-fal that lasted me more than 8 years and has never failed me, until I had to give it up cause we were moving to another country. It is still working for the people that received it. I am still missing it.
on April 24, 2014
Nice machine works well just one thing I find there's to many pieces to store and wash each part is a hassle
on December 22, 2013
Have had other brands in the same price range ,this is a great steamer.
Recommend to anyone look for a steamer that works well
on February 23, 2015
Far exceeded any and all my expectations. I would highly recommend it as a great, quality product. Easy to use, easy to clean up.