5.0 out of 5 stars Smiling is my favourite!
Elf is a brilliant combination of comedy and heartwarming christmas drama.
Published on Dec 18 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars 2008 version has no special features
I really like the movie, but I was expecting the 2008 DVD release to have the same special features that the 2003 DVD release has. It doesn't - in fact, there are none (except for some DVD-ROM capabilities). If you're one who is inclined to purchase a DVD that has special features, do not buy the 2008 DVD release of "Elf".
Published on Dec 13 2011 by tegdirbnosnibor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiling is my favourite!, Dec 18 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Elf (DVD)
Elf is a brilliant combination of comedy and heartwarming christmas drama.
This film is a must watch! Having purchased Elf when it first came out (just one month ago) I have already seen it three times. It fills all of our cravings for a christmas movie by combining both the special effects from our childhood favourites (the snowman from Rudolph, for instance and the storybook narrative) as well as a few modern touches, without making it a "2003" film. I think that 10 years from now, the movie will not feel dated and will be just as enjoyable then as it is now.
Will Ferrell is a genius. Each time I rent one of his movies, I expect it to be sophomoric or stupid, and he fools me every time! "Buddy" the Elf is such a sweet, simple, endearing character and it could have gone very wrong. Rather than going for the cheap laugh and going far over the top, Will Ferrell never breaks character and makes Buddy into such a great character, that you wish that you really knew him. You will completely believe his naive, childlike demeanor and laugh when you recognize the same mistakes you may have made as a child, or silly stunts that kids do. I don't know if Will Ferrell has kids, but when he is calling for his dad to "tuck him in", he completely nailed it.
The movie is rounded out with an excellent cast...James Caan, Bob Newhart, Mary Steenburgen, Zoey Deschanel (who sings the most beautiful duet with Will Farrell!)...each of whom brings their own key elements to the movie.
This is a great Christmas movie that should be a part of everyone's holiday collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Christmas movie EVER!!, Nov. 7 2012
This review is from: Elf (Le Lutin) (DVD)
I love this movie because it's a really lighthearted, funny Christmas movie that is suitable for all ages. I have watched it over and over again and I never get sick of it. This movie will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, Dec 26 2012
This review is from: Elf [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Arrived on time ( exclamation mark ) Kids love the movie. The watch it over and over and over !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, Dec 4 2012
This review is from: Elf (Le Lutin) (DVD)
Love this movie. Uplifting, cute, funny, great music!
I will watch this movie over and over for years to come! Just wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Christmas Classic, Jan. 20 2014
This review is from: Elf (Le Lutin) (DVD)
Elf has quickly made it's way into the Christmas classics. It's funny, and great for all ages. A must watch for the season!

4.0 out of 5 stars Elf is an amusing movie for the whole family, Jan. 9 2014
This review is from: Elf (Le Lutin) (DVD)
The whole family enjoyed this movie. It is going to be one of the movies that we watch annually at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, Dec 30 2013
This review is from: Elf (DVD)
This is probably the greatest holiday movie of all time. if you haven't seen it. see it. if you have seen it once, see it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great special features, Nov. 3 2013
This review is from: Elf [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Along with an entertaining and informative commentary by Jon Faverau and Wil Farrell, there is a great special feature that's a terrific film school feature that basically shows you the many jobs on a film set and a description of what each job entails and how they all work together. Film sets are a testament to the saying "organized chaos."

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, March 26 2013
This review is from: Elf [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this movie as a gift. The person for whom I bought this was very pleased and had no complaint about the quality of the disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Christmas Classic, Jan. 29 2013
This review is from: Elf (Le Lutin) (DVD)
I remember when this movie first came out. I went to see it with my family in theatres and I didn't really want to. Then I saw it and it was truly delightful. I honestly have this on my list of essential Christmas movies and even enjoy watching it randomly throughout the year when I'm in need of a good, fun, feelgood movie.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaf432e34)

Elf (Le Lutin)
Elf (Le Lutin) by Will Ferrell (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 13.99