5.0 out of 5 stars As Easy As I Can Explain This!
I have always used SD Cards (Secure Digital) for my cameras, so when I purchased the Panasonic HM-TA1 Video Camera, I was surprised to learn I needed an SDHC card (Secure Digital High Capacity) card. What is the difference? SDHC cost a lot more, but they must be doing something special. Here's the gist:

SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity memory cards are flash...
Published on Oct. 29 2010 by Martin A Hogan

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 4 months ago by LI DU

5.0 out of 5 stars As Easy As I Can Explain This!, Oct. 29 2010
Martin A Hogan "Marty From SF" (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Transcend 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GSDHC6E (Personal Computers)

SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity memory cards are flash memory cards with a minimum capacity of 4GB (gigabytes). SDHC cards are the same size as an ordinary SD Card - about the size of a postage stamp.

Secure Digital Cards have been around for almost a decade and SDHC Cards are a newer version developed for use with digital cameras and other devices that don't just require a higher capacity card, but also one that comes with higher performance. Here is something I found on Wikipedia: "SDHC cards are designed for devices that are compatible with the SD 2.00 specification. Products designed exclusively to support previous SD specifications 1.0 and 1.1 will not be able to utilize SDHC cards".

This is confusing (kind of), but you can use an SDHC card as a SD card, but not the other way around.

There is also a new feature out - "Classification of Data Transfer Speed (DTS)".

SD cards can record video up to 40X (6MB/Sec), but it starts slow (like, 0.1 MB/Sec) and then increases to 6MB/Sec (40X speed). It is an average speed recording. However, an SDHC card starts and finished at 6MB/Sec - 40x Speed, but has a top speed of 20MB/Sec - 133x Speed. That means your video is very clear and crisp on that high resolution flat screen!

Of course, the SDHC cards are more expensive than SD cards, but you get a far better quality.

I found that I had anything from a 512 MB SD card to an 8 MB SD card. There just was no point in having all these loose cards. Now with an SDHC, I can record more video at a higher quality and capacity. So it's worth the money in the end. You can get NEW cards at a cheaper price on Amazon, but I would advise against getting a used card. Like the adage goes, "You just don't know where that thing has been!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Nov. 1 2011
Ray Paquette (Campbell River, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
These class 6 SDHC cards are really quick. Fast file transfer. Excellent performance. Would buy Transcend again.Transcend 4 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS4GSDHC6

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 GB SD Card, June 17 2014
It works and the price was good. I also like the fact I didn't have to go anywhere to shop for it, it was easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars good price, April 2 2014
Great back up card for the wife's camera, we where looking for a faster back up card for vacation pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in Digital Picture Frame, Feb. 12 2014
Shane Porter (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my grandmother's digital picture frame. I can load all my pictures on it no problem and she can view them on the frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ummm, Oct. 3 2013
Not much of a techy. This does have 8gb and I never noticed any problems. What else can I say?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, June 23 2013
I like the card and still have it in the camera. I don't know very much about these things, but knowing that I can take photographs for a while at the price I got the card, was very calming thought. The photographs are clear and beautiful. As a friend has said, the human eyes can not really tell the difference between so-and-so pixels. For my old eyes they're good enough, maybe not for a professional photographer. But then I don't have the monetary power to buy those expensive cameras, cards, lenses, flashes, etc, plus then I will need to read a lot how to use one expensive camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon achat, Dec 31 2012
Petite carte mémoire à bas prix, utile pour les plus vieux appareils photos qui n'avaient pas suffisamment de mémoire dans leur carte sd d'origine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works. As described. Came on time., Nov. 11 2014
Works. As described. Came on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as expevted, Oct. 28 2011
No problems and seem to meet class 6 speeds. So far both cards work as they should. They work great in my Canon SX230 camera.