5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Nuvi 265WT
Published on Sept. 26 2009 by Sean Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed !!
Published on May 23 2010 by Crop Adjuster

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Nuvi 265WT, Sept. 26 2009
Sean Smith "Cultureshock" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
The Garmin 265WT is fantastic. I researched GPS's for over a month. I was set on the Magellen 1470 because of the price and size. However I chose the Garmin because of the many options. I paid $250 and at that time it was a great price. I love the option of selecting another location while driving. The 1470 didn't have this option. The traffic info is a cool option. It's shows up once in a while. At night the screen turns black with only streets lit. This is a great feature. I find locations quickly. The voice sounds fine, neat choices for different accents. The different views of maps has really been a help. We've come to depend on the gps unit. Amazingly, we bought it from Amazon.ca at 2am and received it in "2" days. That was incredible. We thought it would have taken a week. I'm shopping Amazon for now on!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed !!, May 23 2010
I purchased a Garmin GPS a few years ago and it was very satisfactory. After a year or so, the battery crashed but no problem....it worked off the cigarette lighter in the truck. In 2009, I decided to upgrade my maps and purchased Map Update 2009. The update worked very well in the U.S. BUT it has distorted all roads so it looks like I'm driving off the road, and not on it.

Christmas 2009, I received a Garmin Nuvi from my wife. It has been a huge disappointment !! I have a long list of problems from it, including:
1. It takes too long to reactivate after being shut off.
2. It cannot find many addresses that we put in.
3. In Winnipeg, it could not find restaurants such as Olive Garden and the Keg or sporting good stores such as Cabela's.
4. In Great Falls MT, it had us turn the opposite direction for the Comfort Inn.
5. It could not find Cabela's in Spokane WA....a store that has been there for 5 years.
6. We were driving on a major divided freeway which did not show up at all on the GPS.
7. Poor volume control and mournful voice giving directions !!

Presently, I have set the new machine aside and put a private mapping software system in my old machine which brings back in line all western Canadian roads.

I wish Garmin would take a hard look at the accuracy and usability of their new Garmins.

3.0 out of 5 stars works but annoying, July 21 2010
philippe turenne (Montreal, quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This device works fine and will get you where you need to go. Please be aware of the following shortcomings, though: 1) maps. Be careful of what maps are provided with the device. We bought ours in the States and as soon as we crossed the border to Canada it got completely lost and had no clue. When looking to find the maps we needed I found out they sell them at a very high price, even though they are not updated very frequently. 2) device itself is a little annoying to use. It has a map browsing feature using the touch screen, but ends up freezing when you try to move through the map visually. Also entering an address as a destination directly on the device is tedious compared to finding an address on mapquest or google, for example. You need to enter country, state, town address, and it is not smart at helping you find similar spellings or stuff like that. Using the little touch screen keyboard is a pain. 3) Addresses - some search features like names of stores are provided, but don't expect too much help with that-it may or may not have the name stored.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in Garmin 265WT, Jan. 9 2010
N. Johnston "Avid Traveller" (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Garmin 265WT because I was going to be travelling to Western Canada and the U.S. this winter, and the Bluetooth feature appealed to me. My disappointment came when I downloaded my once only free maps, and then discovered they were not up to date. Major highway twinning in Manitoba and Saskatchewan was completed last summer, and when travelling to Alberta at Christmas time I noticed that this had not been updated. The map version, however, says November 2009. I called Garmin in California and they said that it could sometimes take one to two years to update some of their maps. I explained that this was the Trans Canada Highway, the major highway in Canada, but I received no indication that an update was in the near future. I am travelling south to Arizona in February, and do not feel confident that the maps will be accurate and up to date. This is not my first GPS. I updated to the Garmin because I thought they were the industry standard. I am not so sure now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, April 10 2010
I enjoy using the Garmin Nuvi, it is extremely easy to program. It is also very reliable, It takes a minute to enter the information you need. Even a child can program it.
the screen is large, colorful, make it easy to glance and know where you are going.
I would recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Garmin nuvi 265WT 4.3 - inch, Portable GPS navigator with traffic, April 5 2010
Mike E. Mcnamara "mcnamaralife" (Cornwall, Ontario) - See all my reviews
2 days after updating the 265WT and having a chance to get used to it, I had to go on a trip to Ottawa, Ont., with the WT265 I navigated without any problems at all, the traffic info was also great because I was in rush hour traffic quite a few times.
The Garmin nuvi 265wt was easy to use and easy to change destinations, this is my 2nd GPS and this one is exceptional, I recommend it

2.0 out of 5 stars slow poor reception .............................., May 13 2014
not good for me its slow i use my iphone better den gps thing no worries . lost signal always

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going years later, Feb. 14 2014
P. Holland (Ottawa, ON, CA) - See all my reviews
We have three of these and lifetime updates for each. Affordable and reliable. I traveled a lot and they have saved me a fortune on local maps. Bluetooth works well for hand free mobile phone operation too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, Jan. 27 2013
This worked great when I went on a long trip to the east coast. Being portable makes it great for my bicycle trips and walking around a strange city, but the travel charger is a must for this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow unit, Oct. 6 2012
Comes with many functions but you can not use them all together due to slow processor.

- Set the map details in most, turn on blue tooth, turn on mileage report...then the system will mess up with the blue tooth function.
- slow on the touch screen as well, drive me crazy when in a hurry.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›