5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse
This is a great little mouse. It is small and folds up to a compact size. I prefer a handheld mouse over the trackpad that comes with my laptop. It has very good range, I was standing 25 ft away from my laptop and the signal was still getting through. The amazon price was great.. I saw the same mouse at Staples for $70.00 CDN. Overall a great buy!
Published on Jan. 31 2011 by Matrix

1.0 out of 5 stars very frustrating mouse
Honestly, I like the shape of the mouse, but it's very frustrating to use. I will NOT recommend it to anyone.

Published on Dec 31 2009 by Sowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse, Jan. 31 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft got something right, Oct. 7 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
Finally!! A microsoft product that is exactly as intended! I've been looking for a good mouse for a while, and as a field computer technician, I love it. Small, compact, comes with batteries and a travel case.

Tracks like a dream, and works on glass.....doesn't hurt that it kinda looks like a star trek TNG phaser...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mouse on the market., Aug. 2 2009
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
This mouse is great, sharp, portable, sleek, presice and just so comfortable in your hand. I use this mouse all the time with my Imac in OSX and Windows, works with boot camp flawlessly. I hope Apple comes out with a nice Apple mouse like this and a nice Apple keyboard similar to Microsoft's.

1.0 out of 5 stars very frustrating mouse, Dec 31 2009
Sowen (Winnipeg, MB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)

First problem occurred in the first week I bought it. The mouse drained any battery super fast, in two days, the light showed in red and I had to replace new batteries. I called Microsoft, they said the mouse can only work with Energize, I asked them, so I can't use Duracell? He answered, you need to use Energize. What a good design, are they brothers? Then I asked, why the batteries come with the mouse died so quickly as well, they are Energize too. The technical support didn't know how to answer, so he ended up asking me to go back to exchange a new one from the store.

I did change a new one. This time it proved the technique guy is right. I really can ONLY use Energize battery. I put two new Duracell batteries in, not working at all. Well, I was not happy, but I was too lazy to return it. So I decided to work with it for couple days.

This time, the battery consumption seems to be OK, after 3 weeks, the mouse still worked fine.

Last Friday, almost the 4th week after I changed the mouse. It suddenly stopped working. The battery was still green. I also tried different batteries, different machine, and different operating system. The mouse just doesn't respond at all.

I feel very frustrating. Since I couldn't find my receipt, I can't refund it now. So I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Microsoft support. They told me to do everything I had tried and concluded the mouse I am having is defective. Now they are sending me a new one. I don't know when I will get it.

Anyway, that's just my story. I hope other people's Arc mouse works as expected.

-------------------------
oh, btw, there was something funny with Microsoft Support.
There was a female receiver asked me what do I have problem with. I answered, "Arc Mouse". Then she asked, "what is the version?" I said, "It's Arc Mouse". She kept asking, "right, what's the mouse version? it's 3000 or 5000?" I was almost crazy, and told her, "It's Microsoft Arc Mouse. Do you know what Arc Mouse is?" She hesitated a bit, then answered, "OK, I will connect you to the hardware department." .............

2.0 out of 5 stars Middle button has problems, side button in the wrong place, March 21 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
The biggest complain is that the side button on the mouse is in an awkward location. You won't be able to reach it with your thumb naturally so to get to it you have to let go of the mouse. Terrible design flaw.

Also there is a quirk with the middle button. When you roll it down, sometimes it goes up. Turned out my mouse was defective, but after a while the replacement mouse started doing the same. Obviously there are quality control issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, light weight and practical, March 29 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
My son bought this wireless mouse and he is happy with it. It has a magnetic are to hold the USB receiver and it folds where makes the mouse easy to store and transport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, July 10 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
Eye catching design followed up by great functionality. Very pleased. CAUTION: There are problems when using this mouse in combination with the HP wireless keyboard. Problem is not mouse but keyboard which has a unique USB that allows connection of multiple USB devices but they must be HP. :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars be aware of the battery type, March 7 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
Thanks to the last review, I had the arc mouse for a year and it was using fine.. suddenly my batteries died and replaced them for generic one...and the mouse wasn't working anymore. I thought the mouse finely gave up but after I read the another user review saying you need energizer, I tried and suddenly my mouse is back.. I was literally about to put a screwdriver into it to see the inside just for fun !

Other then this "energizer" restricted functionality, it works fine and is perfect size to store in a laptop bag.

Also very comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second time around, Jan. 11 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
This is the second Arc Mouse I have purchased. The first worked very well for almost two years then failed. I decided to order a second one even though I was not happy with the longevity of the first one. The product is fine...it does what a mouse should do without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Nov. 14 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black) (Personal Computers)
I do not know why some people are having problems with these Mouses. Mine works perfectly and I have not had to change the batteries since I bought it back in September. This Mouse is great!

Microsoft Arc Mouse (Black)
Used & New from: CDN$ 100.00