Most Helpful First | Newest First
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)Best in a LONG time if you are a fan!
I've been loving the train track on the radio whenever I catch it. I wheeled right through it and instantly liked many of the other tracks. Many influences through the album George Thorogood influenced riffs on one, blues and heavy base lines on others.
You might need a grain of salt with this review, as i LOVED Ballbreaker and listened to Stiff Upper Lip for close to a year after buying it. This I think immediately surpasses S.U.L., and would be on a par with Ballbreaker.
Track 11 has me turning the volume in my Audi louder than I have since I bought the car. Likely won't win any Grammys, but rocks.
5.0 out of 5 stars My "Wal- Mart" special!!,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)I bought my copy when first released. Supposeivly, "Wal - Mart" had a special edition of it exclusive to "Wal-Mart" that had about a 30 page booklet attached to it!After having to wait (what was it 7 years?)for a new AC/DC CD....., it was well worth it. Wasn't it?
5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ! The Best in years.,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)This is by far the best work AC/DC has done with Brian Johnson since Back In Black. Every song is amazing, with Brian doing the best singing in years. I've been an AC/DC fan since Dirty Deeds and especially the Bon Scott years and I like all their music, but this album is now my favourite. If any band has gotten better with age, it is definitely AC/DC. It's been a long wait 8 years but definitely worth it.
4.0 out of 5 stars Best Australian Export!!!,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)Being a long time AC/DC fan, a new release is always a welcomed addition to the cd collection. You know you'll get a collection of in your face rock songs. Strong points on the cd are "Rock N'Roll Train", "War Machine" and "Black Ice". Buy this cd if you like fun music without any pretense.
5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder from down under returns....,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)This is one of the best albums the boys have put out. The first single is a good rock song and the album just builds from there. As I listened to the enitre album I loved the sound. Unlike other albums there wasn't alot of filler. It was slick, flowed from beginning to end and some of the songs were upbeat and fresh. ACDC have kept true to style and I could hear some sounds from the Bon Scott era as well as the Back in Black era yet they had a modern sound.
The packaging was unique, in a hardback book style with lots of pics and lyrics. Very high quality.
The boys still know how to rock and I have been a fan for almost 30 years. Totally impressed by this album. I hope we hear more from the boys in the future.
The ultimate would be a Mutt Lange produced album....
Keep rockin.... ACDC still know how to write em and rock em....
This is ACDC 'nuf said...
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Acdc- Black Ice review,
This review is from: Black Ice (Audio CD)I was fortunate to hear an advanced copy of the new acdc album black ice. I was pleasantly surprised. Here is what I thought
1. Great vocals by Brian, yes he cannot hit those high notes anymore but he doesn't not sound like daffy duck anymore as in the past.
2. Very melodic again it seems that Brian really worked hard on ther melody something that has been missing from the last few albums
3. Most of the songs are toe tapping strong, usually you get two or three good tracks on this album I would say 12 out of 15 are great.
4. They should have just put 12 songs on this CD and it would have been a classic.
5. Production is great, great guitar, bass and drum sound
6. This is the album they should have made after Flick of the Switch
7. Songs that were so-so, Skies on Fire, Smash and grab, black ice, these songs are fillers and could have appeared on any Acdc throw away album
8. it's not Bon Scott era but it sure is one of the best Brian era albums
9. Buy it, I will as soon as it comes out
10 A lot of potential radio hits on this one
Most Helpful First | Newest First
Black Ice by AC/DC (Audio CD - 2008)