4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool but...
Published 8 months ago by Best bachelor

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong case
The picture shows a hard case but it actually comes with a canvass bag. I would say this is false advertising.
Published 6 months ago by Kevin McConaghie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool but..., April 14 2014
This review is from: Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (Tools & Hardware)
This is the best tool with five year warranty can't go wrong! I have the impact with hammer drill combo pack instead. My "but" is the fact that "amazon" in its email to me about this up to 80% off is that is down rite crazy this tool on this site some how is regular priced at $599??? How the hell do you "amazon" come up with this regular price?? No one in there rite mind would buy this set if it were even $220 at homedepot it's regular price here in ontario canada is $199 and sometimes on sale for $179. Now I know I did say its a good set but the only good part about the set is the hard case and impact driver, the plane jane drill driver with out hammer function is just useless. Might aswell buy Fischer price. Now for 50$ more homedepot will sell you the hammer combo with impact and a nice easy to carry heavy duty tool bag. No one should ever pay anymore for this tool then $199 if it goes up from this price just stop at your local HD. How ever at this price and free shipping it ain't to bad
Just my two cents

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Quality and Durability, Nov. 26 2011
Mark Thompson - See all my reviews
This is by far the best compact drill and impact driver on the market. I purchased a set two years ago and have used them frequently in all kinds of weather and conditions. With proper respect paid to these they will last a few years. Both thumbs up on the light wieght and balance of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outils de luxe!, Oct. 2 2012
Excellente charge pour les piles. Mandrin qui reste serré jusqu'à la fin. Les détails de finition et la solidité en font un outil de qualité supérieure. Prix difficile à égaler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally Bought Good Quality, July 29 2013
I spent all my laife trying to save money on cheap drills, finally decided to get good set and wished I could go back and get these from the start

4.0 out of 5 stars These drills were never $499.00 reg price...., April 14 2014
199.00 is a decent price, a fair price. Makita is comparable at 199.00 . I hate it when it shows a regular price of 499.00 when no one would ever list it for that much...you are not getting the deal of the century on this product at 199.00.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drill set, very reliable, July 3 2013
These drills are lightweight, easy to grip, and perform under relatively harsh conditions. The lithium batteries hold their charge and are much less maintenance then other chemistries. I build theater sets about twice a year, so these drills see a lot of hands and a lot of punishment over short periods. No issues yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, lightweight, I endorse this fully, Oct. 16 2013
I am an electrician. I use power tools daily. I have used Dewalt, Bosch, Hilti, Hitachi, Ryobi, drills over my career. Nothing is as good as this.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than ridgid or dewalt, March 9 2014
As an industrial electrician im drilling and tapping holes into steel all the time. Sometimes even stainless. The drill has all the rpms I could ask for and the driver is strong enough to drive lags bolts into concrete

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect set for an amateur like me, Jan. 27 2014
I've been getting plenty of use out of this set doing home renovations and I'm loving this kit. If you're a pro you'll probably want to look at the FUEL line, but for me these are prefect. Nice and small compared to my old DeWalt NiCd 18v (that gave out on me after about 6 years of faithful service) but feels like it has just as much power. I even prefer the bag over the hard cases as there's room to keep a few extra items inside.

PROs
Light and compact.
Feels VERY solid and well built.
LED lights come in handy more than I thought they would.
Nice to have a battery gauge.
If get any 12v Milwaukee tools, you only need 1 charger for both battery types.
Quick charging and decent battery life.
Keyless chuck on drill and quick lock on driver feel really good

CONs
- The charger doesn't have rubber feet (it was sliding around a lot), but that was an easy fix
- The trigger on the driver takes some getting used to. I accidentally sunk a screw clean through strip I was fixing to a wall. A 2 speed setting like the drill would have been nice. For some jobs there's almost too much power
- I have big hands and sometimes find it fiddly to hit the forward position switch.
- I though it odd it only came with 1 belt clip, but I'm usually using a holster on my tool belt anyway

- Not really a CON but the tools were too small for my old 18v holster but too big for most 12v holsters. Took a while to find one that held it snugly without hitting the trigger.

Unless you're a pro and have very specific needs, I think you'll be very happy with this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Sept. 8 2013
Fantastic combo that works great. I bought it on amazon on sale and got a terrific deal. And it comes with a 5 year warranty- that's better than any other cordless drill manufacturer on the market. 5 stars.

Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit