5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is Truly Addicting
I recieved this boxset as a gift from a friend who was urging me for a while to watch True Blood. I was a little iffy about the whole vampire thing with all the twilight stuff out right now. I didnt enjoy Twilight the movie (but loved the books!), so i was hoping it wouldnt be as cheesy.

Thankfully my hopes came true! This whole season is amazing, sexy,...
Published on July 25 2009 by Kessa Lynn

3.0 out of 5 stars True Blood
As I spoke to different people about how enthralled I was with the Twilght Series and sad to have them end,,,,I was told to view the True Blood series. Which I did and must say that I didn't care for them as much as the Twilght series so I gave them to my Son.
Published on June 4 2010 by Dianne Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is Truly Addicting, July 25 2009
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)

Thankfully my hopes came true! This whole season is amazing, sexy, addictive and great for anyone who loves or hates vampires!

I am SO glad I got into this show. I am now a super fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my purchase, Jan. 26 2010
T. Gruben "Shonya" (Inuvik, NT, Arctic, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
I don't have HBO and saw an episode on the in-flight tv service from Toronto to Edm last Nov. I was immediately hooked by the funny, in-your-face humour and the OMG did they really do that twists and turns of the plot, and of course I also love a good ol vampire story too.

I decided to treat myself to season 1. I was lucky enough to catch the Amazon Boxing Day Sale, so I got it half off, yay! I asked my boyfriend to watch it with me, who's never seen a review on the show or a commercial or anything to do with it. We're both hooked!

As it is HBO, I'd like to warn you, there's a lot of nudity, lewdness, and profanity. A LOT. So if you're looking for something they might show on CBC, this is NOT it. I really like the storyline so far, and I know it's going to get better. I like the acting and each episode leaves me wanting more. Very vampire-like!!!

I will definitely be buying Season 2 when it comes out, and subsequest seasons that come out for purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, May 24 2009
V. Antonello (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
I really love the whole series, I read all the books Charlain Harris is and exceptional writter and Allan Ball is a genuis! together they have brought the richly diverse and entertaining world of vampires to life with a story line so exciting you wont want to move until the show is finished and even then you will be waiting with baited breath until the next one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is True Entertainment, Aug. 6 2009
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
Not only is this series saucy, funny and dramatic, but it is also a series that makes the viewer think. Many topics such as hatred, prejudice and tolerance are featured in this delightful series. The show focuses around a sweet-as-pie, telepathic waitress, Sookie and the people of the lazy fictional town Bon Temp. All hell breaks loose in Bon Temp when a vampire moves into the town just as a string of murders begins to occur setting the course for a great show.

Each of the lead characters is completely lovable and believable from Sam, the man secretly in love with Sookie, to Tara, Sookie's best friend and Jason, Sookie's dimwitted, player brother. The show is ripe with sex and sexually suggestive scenes along with some violence so I wouldn't advise it for younger viewers.

4.0 out of 5 stars true blood, April 24 2009
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
True blood is one unique show. You would think a vampire show is just that, biting necks etc. Not True Blood, you never know what to expect? The cast is really good too, Anna Paquin has reinvented herself. From word of mouth or just watching for a few minutes, people willing be glued
to this series just as much as the Soprano's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the books, yet very different, Sept. 22 2009
Kelly Sankey (edmonton, alberta, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
The HBO series is a lot like the books it's based on but in a way, it's refreshingly completely different. It has a lot of the same characters but on the show, they are very different and so are their experiences. I wouldn't say the book is better than the show or that the show is better than the books. The tv series is so twisted it keeps you interested in how bizarre it is. You would think with all the vampire shows that you'd be bored with just another one, but this one doesn't disappoint. I highly recommend it as long as you can stomach some weirdness and raunch in your day!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!, Sept. 13 2009
B. Hill - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
I had heard a lot about True Blood but didn't have HBO, so I ordered the first season and I loved it!! I can't wait for Season Two to come out so I can watch that one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough., Sept. 11 2010
brian croft (penticton, british columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
Don't be fooled, this is a soap opera at its heart, but if it does grab you you will be back for more and more. You'll know for sure in the first episode, probably by the time the title score has finished. I don't get HBO at home so have been watching the box sets, and after seeing the first two seasons I'm wondering how I'm going to wait till next summer when season three comes out.

There is plenty of social relevance for those that like to look for that sort of thing, also blood and violence, drug use/abuse, and sexual situations with bare boobs hanging out so you may want to consider it as adult fare, but it gets top marks for entertainment value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover or rediscover great talents, June 5 2010
Gilles Thibault (Alliston, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I am a great fan of this series. IMHO "Twilight" is for kids. This is an adult and modern turn on the vampire mythology. This series could be a tongue-in-cheek light comedy, yet it manages to be funny and dramatic at the same time. This being said, it reveals the great talent of great actors, especially Nelsan Ellis who gives a great dimension to his "Lafayette".

By the way, the Blu-Ray version and its "Enhanced Content" leaves the DVD is the dust. Do not hesitate to spend the extra few dollars if you have a BD player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampires galore, Sept. 11 2010
Julie P. "Movie nut" (Montreal-Nord, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
I don't get HBO and I had heard of this series by people at work. I finally saw it in French on public TV with my sister. After the third episode, we decided to order the DVDs right away. The only regret we had was in not ordering it sooner. Love the people in Bon Temps!!! And we adore Lafayette!!! We want more of this, please!!

True Blood: Season 1
True Blood: Season 1 by Anna Paquin (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 74.98 CDN$ 19.88