5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is Truly Addicting
I recieved this boxset as a gift from a friend who was urging me for a while to watch True Blood. I was a little iffy about the whole vampire thing with all the twilight stuff out right now. I didnt enjoy Twilight the movie (but loved the books!), so i was hoping it wouldnt be as cheesy.

Thankfully my hopes came true! This whole season is amazing, sexy,...
Published on July 25 2009 by Kessa Lynn

3.0 out of 5 stars True Blood
As I spoke to different people about how enthralled I was with the Twilght Series and sad to have them end,,,,I was told to view the True Blood series. Which I did and must say that I didn't care for them as much as the Twilght series so I gave them to my Son.
Published on June 4 2010 by Dianne Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is Truly Addicting, July 25 2009

Thankfully my hopes came true! This whole season is amazing, sexy, addictive and great for anyone who loves or hates vampires!

I am SO glad I got into this show. I am now a super fan!

4.0 out of 5 stars true blood, April 24 2009
True blood is one unique show. You would think a vampire show is just that, biting necks etc. Not True Blood, you never know what to expect? The cast is really good too, Anna Paquin has reinvented herself. From word of mouth or just watching for a few minutes, people willing be glued
to this series just as much as the Soprano's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my purchase, Jan. 26 2010
T. Gruben "Shonya" (Inuvik, NT, Arctic, Canada) - See all my reviews
I don't have HBO and saw an episode on the in-flight tv service from Toronto to Edm last Nov. I was immediately hooked by the funny, in-your-face humour and the OMG did they really do that twists and turns of the plot, and of course I also love a good ol vampire story too.

I decided to treat myself to season 1. I was lucky enough to catch the Amazon Boxing Day Sale, so I got it half off, yay! I asked my boyfriend to watch it with me, who's never seen a review on the show or a commercial or anything to do with it. We're both hooked!

As it is HBO, I'd like to warn you, there's a lot of nudity, lewdness, and profanity. A LOT. So if you're looking for something they might show on CBC, this is NOT it. I really like the storyline so far, and I know it's going to get better. I like the acting and each episode leaves me wanting more. Very vampire-like!!!

I will definitely be buying Season 2 when it comes out, and subsequest seasons that come out for purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!, Sept. 13 2009
B. Hill - See all my reviews
I had heard a lot about True Blood but didn't have HBO, so I ordered the first season and I loved it!! I can't wait for Season Two to come out so I can watch that one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood is True Entertainment, Aug. 6 2009
Not only is this series saucy, funny and dramatic, but it is also a series that makes the viewer think. Many topics such as hatred, prejudice and tolerance are featured in this delightful series. The show focuses around a sweet-as-pie, telepathic waitress, Sookie and the people of the lazy fictional town Bon Temp. All hell breaks loose in Bon Temp when a vampire moves into the town just as a string of murders begins to occur setting the course for a great show.

Each of the lead characters is completely lovable and believable from Sam, the man secretly in love with Sookie, to Tara, Sookie's best friend and Jason, Sookie's dimwitted, player brother. The show is ripe with sex and sexually suggestive scenes along with some violence so I wouldn't advise it for younger viewers.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, May 30 2013
was pretty good for an adaptation, liked the books a lot more. got here really fast, good shape. cant wait for the next season to arrive

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 19 2013
I LOVE this show... I don't know why...even I can admit that teh books are much better, but there is something about the way it is filmed and the way the actors interact that just gets to me everytime.

4.0 out of 5 stars La meilleure, Jan. 22 2013
Cette saison est bonne, mais ce n'est pas la meilleure de la série. Par contre elle vaut la peine !

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood Season 1, Dec 3 2011
This is a great start to the series! Definitely not to be watched with kids! A true HBO series - love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, Sept. 30 2011
The series starts off a little over the top but gets really enticing by the end - I can't wait to buy the second season!

True Blood: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray]