5.0 out of 5 stars Dies Irae; Dies Doloris.
"Libera me, Domine, de vitae aeterna" - "Free me, Lord, from eternal life": If a movie begins with a choir and boy soprano singing these words, in a requiem's style and overlaying the camera's sweeping move over nightly San Francisco bay, zooming in on a Victorian building's top-floor window after having followed the life on the street below like a hunter follows its prey...
Published on Nov. 2 2008 by Themis-Athena

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the only dissenter on Tom Cruise's performance
Anne Rice's dark and maudlin tales are among my favorite in the vampire genre. However, I never bought Tom Cruise as Lestat. I am sure he tried very hard, but he never convinced me. I was sorry that Anne Rice recanted her initial vehement objection to his playing the role. Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas, on the other hand, were excellently cast. I read that Anne Rice...
Published on April 26 2004 by G. Findley

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 28 1999
By A Customer
This movie was very good. The acting was top notch, the costumes were sensational, and the accuracy to the novel was pretty good. For any of you who are convinced that a pretty face can't act (Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise), give it a chance. This movie was very well done. And for those of you who have seen it and want more, read the series. They will capture you for life! There is a LOT more in the books!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, March 10 1999
By A Customer
I like the movie because it is kind of scary and it has my favorite actors Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, Feb. 12 1999
By A Customer
it's beautifull and interenting I like it

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this movie! Very dramatic, Dec 9 1998
kat6783@aol.com (Taos, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
Very excellent! Brad Pitt was wonderful, Tom Cruise was dazzling. They really brought out the characters of Louise and Lestat

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable!, Nov. 22 1998
By A Customer
Ohh Ohh Interview. What an incredible work of art this movie is. Tom Cruise is wonderful.. At one moment, charming, the next evil.. Brad Pitt plays Louis perfectly. And Kirsten Dunst is simply mesmerizing on the screen. She is one of my favorite characters in this movie. It IS somewhat graphic, but that's not what the movie is about. You will never forget this movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Gross and not a bit scary! Watch Dark Shadows instead!, Oct. 1 2000
James W. Mccully (Wake Forest, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Come on people. This was a terrible movie. I bought the book but didn't read it, although, I could tell from just scanning over it that it was better than this piece of garbage. They eat rats, gross! Not scary. Isn't that what a movie about vampires is supposed to be? Dark Shadows in the 60s was scarier than this piece of junk. I agree with whoever wrote the review about feeling sorry for them and yes we should feel sorry for them getting in this movie. ( ditto to whoever said this) I think the poeple that wrote such good reveiews were just dazzled by Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise's good looks. I think also the book was more gay oriented so if it had included that, none of these straight people would have written such great reviews and if there had been unknowns in this movie nobody would have cared about this movie. Brad Pitt's character is a little sympathetic and you do feel a little sorry for him Kristen Dunst does a great job in her role. Bottom line though, is the movie is long, boring, drags and does not keep you on the edge of your seat being scared. I used to have nightmares with Dark Shadows, the old 60s soap and this doesn' even come close. Try Silence of the Lambs if you want to be scared. True it's gross too, but there is suspense and story moves and the acting is great. Save your money with this one and watch Dark Shadows on the Sci-Fi station.

1.0 out of 5 stars this movie is non stop bordom and gore, June 3 2000
this movie only derseves 1 star because of the good make up jobs on the "vampires" other than that this movie was really stupid. I watch the whole thing and in the first hour of the movie I was bored out of my mind. I don't care who the actors are this movie stunk. You just watched cruise and pitt walk around and drink the blood of every living creature. And then pitt would feel so bad about it which is supose to make us feel bad for him. Well I tell you one thing it didn't work. The only reason I feel bad for cruise and pitt is because they were stupid enough to agree to be in this movie. It wasn't their acting that was bad it was the story. Their acting was o.k. Pitt was good he had the right kind of creepyness to him in the beginning but that is it. Like I said the only thing I really liked about the movie was the makeup. All the "vampires" were rather pale and you could see the veins in their faces the good thing was they didn't look too pale.

1.0 out of 5 stars FUTILE MOVIE, Feb. 22 2000
Gergellor (Supimpalândia) - See all my reviews
thismovie is so boring, the script so ridiculous and weak, that it is a shame to the vampire's legends all around the world. THe characters are bad, the actors are obvioulsy sleeping.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why?, Aug. 30 1999
By A Customer
How I couldn't wait for this movie! How I couldn't wait for it to end once I saw it!
Tom Cruise makes a BAD blonde and is no Lestat. Brad Pitt is so lifeless you belive he really is the undead! Kirsten Dunst: Go Kirsten! The only good one in the film.
Did you ever realize that Antonio Banderas could look like Eddie Munster?
HELP!