countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on July 3, 2016
I almost didn't buy this because of the reviews here, but luckily I saw part of an episode on Netflix and instead of watching the show on my computer on Netflix, I decided to buy the DVD. Glad I did. It's lightweight but entertaining. There's nothing wrong with lightweight. I spend much of my time watching shows like Homeland, Billions, Madam Secretary or 24. And I watch the news regularly, so I have lots of brain stimulating material. This version of 90210 really helped to balance the scales. To me it was like having dessert after dinner or sometimes skipping dinner and having dessert anyway.

The characters are all pretty likable except for the ones that the writers don't want you to like at all; even then, I suspect that there will be some back story that goes along to explain why somebody is such a jerk.

My only complaint about this show is that I think that it's pretty conservative. It definitely has a negative message around sex ' although I am not in any way advocating sex for 15-year-olds. But at some point during the show, the kids become 16 and let's face it.:Statistically it's quite likely that many of them will be sexually active and they will not all come down with some horrible heartbreak or other unintended consequence. Some, yeah, but not all. Likewise ' SPOILER ALERT. STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SEASON. The show doesn't seem any different from any other program that suggests abortion as a possible option and then always opts out of that at the last minute. Again, don't misunderstand. This is *not* me advocating abortion. It's just that it's not very realistic to suggest that a single 16-year-old would not give more serious consideration to that possibility. And I think it's political in the sense that many primetime shows try to please their sponsors and don't want to be seen as advocating abortion... Anyway, I enjoyed the show and will go on to the next season.
on February 16, 2012
It is fairly entertaining and the actors are pretty... but....
All the boys and girls look like they are from the same modeling agency and most of them look much older than 16. Yes, the kids get into trouble and face difficult situations, but everything seems somehow exaggerated and clichéd.
The greatest thing about the initial show was that the teens could relate to the characters and their problems. I do not see how someone can relate to the new crowd. Maybe I am just getting old, though.
I think that the show's cast would better fit some TV show about models or actors in their mid twenties (not Kansas-born and LA teenagers).
Overall, the show is watchable provided that one does expect it to be the same cultural phenomenon as the initial Beverly Hills 90210.
on November 20, 2014
Very quick shipping. However the DVD cover was ripped and worn, wish I knew before purchasing as it was supposed to be a gift