5.0 out of 5 stars The Clone Wars is best Star Wars since the original Trilogy.
Star Wars the Clone Wars is the best since the original trilogy. It gives a different glimpse of Anakin's personality which is much more likable. Obi-Wan is charming as ever and has some great one-liners throughout. I was really reluctant to watch the Clone Wars initially and now my son and I watch the episodes repeatedly. I love the Clone Wars. Well done.
Published on July 21 2012 by Mjcallista

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal
Published on Sept. 13 2009 by Andi

5.0 out of 5 stars The Clone Wars is best Star Wars since the original Trilogy., July 21 2012
This review is from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Star Wars: La Guerre des clones (Bilingual) (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving The Republic, April 19 2014
Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie deals with the character of Anakin Skywalker being sent on a mission to help deal with certain elements that threaten to undermine the Republic. The character of a padawan named Ahsoka Tano is assigned to help Anakin Skywalker in his journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it!, Feb. 8 2013
I saw this movie with my sons back in 2008....Even though some critics bashed it, I found it well done & fun...I recommend it especially at that price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clone wars dvd, Jan. 3 2012
Recieved very quickly only just watched it as it was a gift for my boys for xmas and they loved it any more?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, Oct. 28 2010
Got the movie and enjoyed it. Seen it before and had to have it. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Capturing Old 'Star Wars' Magic, May 18 2010
Markie Mark "Movie Buff" (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
Initally, I had no desire to see a totally CGI generated 'Star Wars' film. Eventually, I had seen all the 2008 summer blockbusters and one night I decided to give in and go to my local multi-plex and see 'Star Wars - The Clone Wars'.

Was I ever pleasently surprised! The visuals were stunning, the story moves at a terrific pace, and favorite characters from the prequel trilogy are very fleshed out and developed. The dialogue between the characters was even good. Not 'clunky' and 'awkward' as it was at times in Episodes - I thru II. (Episode III I loved!)

The wonderful thing about the Clone Wars is it develops Anakin Skywalker into a real true hero of the Galactic Republic. In Episode IV, 'Ben' Kenobi tells Luke that his father was "The best star pilot in the galaxy, a cunning warrior, and a good friend." What George Lucas is doing here is filling in the huge gaps of story that wasn't possible to show us with the prequel movies due to story and time restraints.

Finally, there were moments in this CG Animated gem that made me feel like I was seven years old again, watching the original 'Star Wars' at the Odeon theatre in 1977.

If you're a 'Star Wars' fan, or perhaps your children are...please give this flick a chance, and feel like a kid again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than other reviews make it sound, Oct. 24 2009
Brian Zavitz (Canada) - See all my reviews
Other reviews on both amazon.ca and amazon.com have been fairly negative about this CGI movie, but myself and the kids found it very entertaining. If this plot had been used in Episodes I or II I think it would have been better than what we actually got.

"Deception is the art of war" and the Sith make full use of this axiom as allegiances in the war hinge on a very interesting kidnapping. Reviewers have likened the kidnap victim to annoyances such as the Ewoks or Jar Jar, but I found this wasn't the case at all. The music was appropriate to help set the scenes, and the fight sequences and battles were very well done. The backgrounds were excellent and there was always something going on back there to add a sense of realism. CGI is not live action, but I got used to the rendered characters very quickly. Overall, very well done and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 6 2014
nice movie

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal, Sept. 13 2009
Andi (Toronto, CAN) - See all my reviews
Why has this movie ever been created ? One sould be warned, any Star Wars movie outside of Episode 1-6 has serious potential for failure, see the Ewok Adventures. The essence of the story is very short and can be told in less than 30 seconds (Jabba's baby has been kidnapped and is returned to him by Skywalker, with a few twists), just in this case it takes over 90 minutes, otherwise it would not be eligible to be called a movie. Those minutes are filled by mindless battles between the droid and clone army. Fortunately the movie is CGI animated and no serious actors had to be bothered. BTW, the real highlight of the movie is the new THX clip at the beginning, very cool.