march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 18, 2010
Initally, I had no desire to see a totally CGI generated 'Star Wars' film. Eventually, I had seen all the 2008 summer blockbusters and one night I decided to give in and go to my local multi-plex and see 'Star Wars - The Clone Wars'.

Was I ever pleasently surprised! The visuals were stunning, the story moves at a terrific pace, and favorite characters from the prequel trilogy are very fleshed out and developed. The dialogue between the characters was even good. Not 'clunky' and 'awkward' as it was at times in Episodes - I thru II. (Episode III I loved!)

The wonderful thing about the Clone Wars is it develops Anakin Skywalker into a real true hero of the Galactic Republic. In Episode IV, 'Ben' Kenobi tells Luke that his father was "The best star pilot in the galaxy, a cunning warrior, and a good friend." What George Lucas is doing here is filling in the huge gaps of story that wasn't possible to show us with the prequel movies due to story and time restraints.

Finally, there were moments in this CG Animated gem that made me feel like I was seven years old again, watching the original 'Star Wars' at the Odeon theatre in 1977.

If you're a 'Star Wars' fan, or perhaps your children are...please give this flick a chance, and feel like a kid again!
on July 21, 2012
Star Wars the Clone Wars is the best since the original trilogy. It gives a different glimpse of Anakin's personality which is much more likable. Obi-Wan is charming as ever and has some great one-liners throughout. I was really reluctant to watch the Clone Wars initially and now my son and I watch the episodes repeatedly. I love the Clone Wars. Well done.
on October 24, 2009
Other reviews on both amazon.ca and amazon.com have been fairly negative about this CGI movie, but myself and the kids found it very entertaining. If this plot had been used in Episodes I or II I think it would have been better than what we actually got.

"Deception is the art of war" and the Sith make full use of this axiom as allegiances in the war hinge on a very interesting kidnapping. Reviewers have likened the kidnap victim to annoyances such as the Ewoks or Jar Jar, but I found this wasn't the case at all. The music was appropriate to help set the scenes, and the fight sequences and battles were very well done. The backgrounds were excellent and there was always something going on back there to add a sense of realism. CGI is not live action, but I got used to the rendered characters very quickly. Overall, very well done and enjoyable.
on April 8, 2016
Great Amazon marketplace provider! Thank you! I hadn't originally expected the item to be shipped from Italy, but it arrived sooner than expected and as described. If you are a Star Wars fan, you need this movie in your collection! (It belongs in the Star Wars canon! To quote Wookieepedia - "the only previously published material still considered canon are the six original trilogy/prequel trilogy films and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film. Most material published after April 25—such as the Star Wars Rebels TV series and all novels beginning with A New Dawn—is also considered part of the new canon.") This was a feature film in theaters when it was first released, and still stands as the beginning of things that happened between SW Episodes II and III.
on June 1, 2015
George Lucas remakes the Clone Wars again in 2008. Although I like the 2003 Clones Wars it felt wanting more. I mean in a good way U wanted more Clone Wars as the 03 version was too short. This 08 version gives far more story of what happened at that time. Five and a half seasons as season 6 was cut short and does not fill in the gap in full in full between Episodes 2 and 3. Why because Lucas sold the name off to Disney who said that is enough. Do this now instead. The story in the movie story wise was weak for a starting point to what would because a series later that year in my opinion. I like the whole Padawon story line in this though.
on March 15, 2015
Great Amazon marketplace provider ! Product as described. If like me you're a Star Wars fan, you need this movie in your collection. The animated Clone Wars serie has a begining and it's in this movie that it all starts. This feature film is not included when buying the animated serie therefore it's a good idea to get it to make your set complet.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie deals with the character of Anakin Skywalker being sent on a mission to help deal with certain elements that threaten to undermine the Republic. The character of a padawan named Ahsoka Tano is assigned to help Anakin Skywalker in his journey.
on January 22, 2016
this is NOT the movie as the case says its just few episodes from season 1
on February 8, 2013
I saw this movie with my sons back in 2008....Even though some critics bashed it, I found it well done & fun...I recommend it especially at that price!
on February 5, 2016
J'ai écouter ce film qui part la série et je me suis rendu compte que je commençais a comprendre la série que j'avais commencer a écouter