5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing PQ
Picture Quality: 10/10
Audio Quality: 10/10

Note: you only receive one disk. That is, the special features on disk 2 on other non-steelbook editions is not included. However, disk one contains a bit of hd features related to the making of certain scenes. This was very good.

The picture quality is perfect. Many scenes are shown as full screen...
Published on Jan. 12 2011 by Reon Tigaldo

2.0 out of 5 stars let`s forget about the movie for a moment...
...and let`s talk specifically about the DVD
I love the movie and i would pretty much buy any cool merchandise about it, but that`s not the case
I got this 2 disc special edition, and i can say i feel pretty ripped off
This is sure 2 disc, but in no way "special" or collector driven

They`re selling the bluray and the DVD as the same thing, with...
Published on Dec 11 2008 by Hugo Dourado

2.0 out of 5 stars let`s forget about the movie for a moment..., Dec 11 2008
Hugo Dourado - See all my reviews
...and let`s talk specifically about the DVD
I got this 2 disc special edition, and i can say i feel pretty ripped off
This is sure 2 disc, but in no way "special" or collector driven

They`re selling the bluray and the DVD as the same thing, with the same cover, but they`re not, which doesn`t mean the bluray version is awesome and full of features, just that the dvd version is really, really cheap.

The first disc comes with the movie and nothing more, nada, no audio commentary whatsoever

On the second disc we get the imax scenes (which i saw on imax theater and was truly amazed, at home they just feel full screen)
A 18 part feature about the movie gets cut down to 2 in the dvd (one is actually 2 or 3 from the bluray compiled) but they are about 6 to 10 minutes each, they are pretty interesting, but even all the 18 in the bluray are not more then 1 hour to watch.

The other features in the extras disc(which come on the second bluray disc) are pretty much content that were already all over the internet when the movie came out: the gotham tonight news, two documentaries from History channel and a gallery with trailers and posters (tv spots, production stills, concept art and the joker cards added to the bluray). And that`s about it, you never see the actors out of their roles talking about the movie and neither anything about Ledger`s incredible work on the Joker. Oh yeah, and they spend some disc space on your digital copy.

As much as it`s pretty clear that Warner is trying to make you get the bluray version by cutting down the features on the dvd, the bluray version is not really special either as it comes with what a regular 2 disc dvd would come.
I obviously can`t say for sure, but i would assume that warner is probably preparing another (ultimate) version to make you spend more money after you buy this for Christmas.
I know if you are a Batman fan as i am, this will not stop you from buying the dvd nor the bluray (which i also did) just know that you are getting into a piece of marketing practice very, very dark indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing PQ, Jan. 12 2011
Picture Quality: 10/10
Audio Quality: 10/10

The picture quality is perfect. Many scenes are shown as full screen while others contain the usual black bars we have become so use to. Christopher Nolan used IMAX (highest resolution in a camera possible)cameras in most of the action scenes, hence the full screen.

****My copy was factory sealed, as all would be I assume. However, after first viewing I noticed a scratch on the disk. My player is new and I am pretty sure I did not scratch it. So just check the disk before you play it to make sure. Blu-ray disks are 5 times harder to scratch than a regular DVD, so I am not so sure that I caused the scratch. But playback is still perfect.****

The STEELBOOK is really nice. It arrived in perfect and undented condition. For fans of steelbooks, this one is great. Also, it does not contain the blu-ray banner on top most movies which is nice. It contains the same artwork as per the amazon video of the product.

Can't wait for Dark Knight Rises, which will also be shot in IMAX.

5.0 out of 5 stars And Here We......GO!, Oct. 14 2008
Dee (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Please note: This is an update of my original review from back in October. Now that the DVD is out, I wanted to include my review of that also. My 5 stars is for the movie itself, the DVD however I give 2 stars, and that is aimed at the special features (or lack thereof). But more of that in a minute, first is my review of The Dark Knight.

Finally - a movie that not only lives up to the hype, but actually surpasses it. What a great movie. I found it very entertaining all the way through, it was never boring, and just when you think you have time to take a breath, you're off again! This movie had everything you could possible want in a good film - great characters, a terrific story, stunning cinematography, and a soundtrack that is haunting, powerful, and emotionally psychotic. I really can't think of anything about The Dark Knight that I didn't like. I have seen it a few times, it's just one of those movies that I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching.

As the Joker, Heath Ledger was captivating, and gave the performance of his life in The Dark Knight. When he was on screen you couldn't take your eyes off him, and you were always on edge because you never knew just what the Joker was going to do next. Heath put everything he had into making this role his own, adding all the little antics, expressions and mannerisms that actually made his character fun to watch. There was a lot of talk about Heath's incredible performance in The Dark Knight, BEFORE he died, so for anyone to say that this movie was hyped just because of the death of Heath Ledger, it is completely inaccurate. He earned every bit of praise and recognition that he is getting for this film, and not out of sympathy, but because he truly deserved it. Although Heath's character was a major role, and absolutely stole the movie, all the other actors were terrific as well, and I wasn't disappointed with any of the performances that they delivered.

So many times I have gone to see a movie expecting great things, and then come away feeling let down. This didn't happen with The Dark Knight. It was everything I was expecting, and even more. The DVD however, left alot to be desired. Disc #2 didn't have much to offer in the way of extras. There were no behind the scenes documentries, no specials on how the movie was made, or how they filmed the special effects, no cast interviews, nothing. It might have been nice to see a blooper segment, or out-takes, deleted scenes, but again there was nothing. Of all the DVD's I have purchased in the past, the best value I got for my money was the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Each one of those DVD's had HOURS of extras, including all the interviews and documentries, there was so much to see, everything that you could possibly want in special features, and I was hoping that with The Dark Knight being such a huge movie, we would see something similar on the second disc. Instead, it was a let-down. Perhaps, as some people are suggesting, Warner Brothers might release another DVD, a Directors Cut or extended version of the movie, with lots more extras than there are on this release, and if that's true, then we will have to go out and spend more money again if we want to own it. The special features on this DVD do nothing to compliment or support what was and still is a great movie.

My final comments on the film itself - I hope that the next Batman movie can live up to this one, because The Dark Knight will be pretty hard to top. There was enough action, drama, adventure, emotion, and the occasional comic relief, just enough of everything to make it a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. I haven't seen a movie like this in a long time, and certainly not one that I have enjoyed so much. Kudo's to Chris Nolan, the cast and crew, and last but not least, Heath Ledger. He had an amazing talent that will be truly missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray or No Way, July 20 2012
j-maAN - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is The Dark Knight, you HAVE to see it in its digitally enhanced sequence. The colors are more vibrant, the action is more real. It's just phenomenal, truly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Gabriel Daniel (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Très bon service et produit.
Merci,
Gabriel Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars of all the many movies, this one is the best, May 21 2014
This review is from: The Dark Knight / Le Chevalier noir (Bilingual) (Widescreen) (DVD)
Of all the Batman movies, this one is probably the very best. Worth watching over and over, so definitely worth the money to buy it. You won't be disappointed! If you don't love it you might need to be locked up in Arkham Asylum.

4.0 out of 5 stars I realy like these batman movies., Dec 23 2013
I saw this series of movies and I thought they were far better than the older batman series. The whole series seems quite nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Movies- great in Blue Ray - greagt pice ( (was $15 ? - Digital was it alkso?) just A1 Fine- if the price is Right! :), Dec 19 2013

jsut A1 Fine- IF and WHEN... the price is Right! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Of All Time, Sept. 17 2013
Simply put, the greatest superhero movie of all time (and I could be very well talking about the distant future here too). If I could have given it 6 out of 5 I would have. Heath Ledger won the Oscar because he's passed away, but he would have deserved it anyway. Whenever the greatest screen villains of all time are discussed, he will always be counted at the top of this list. When it was over, I wanted them to start playing it again immediately. Two and a half hours went by in the blink of an eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, good blu ray, Aug. 23 2013
Very good quality blu ray. Beside the extras, this is the highest quality transfert for this movie (30 mbps for the steelbook version) Others ''The Dark Knight'' versions are about 24mbps. And the movie itself is excellent.

The Dark Knight / Le Chevalier noir (Bilingual) (Widescreen)
CDN$ 14.96 CDN$ 5.00