summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on March 22, 2016
I concur with Hugo's review on this release. I too was in awe of Heath Ledgers performance, and I'm not a fan really of super hero movies. The first one was fun, and gave depth to the background of the caped crusader. But The Dark Knight to me touches on so much more in regards to politics, and social morals and ethics. Sure, it's still a fun, action packed movie. But has this fascinating depth to it that will make it last for generations. So I too was hoping for more with this set as to the driving force that made this movie beyond the typical, and was sadly let down. The extras are interesting, and give insight on the painstaking measures primarily of developing the 'Bat Bike' to become a actual working motorcycle. And the slew of 'Gotham Tonight' segments show the attention to detail and commitment the crew and actors put in for an otherwise minor part of the movie. But I was so hoping to hear if Nolan had it all in mind beforehand, and/or what did the others bring to it that helped shape it. What were the actors thoughts and feelings on the certain scenarios. And maybe some insight to some trivia and obscure details. I myself didn't know that Heath's scene as the Joker outside of the hospital trying to make it explode was improvised due to a special effects delay until I saw it on a You Tube clip. But none of that is touched upon in this set. Maybe in time, more will be revealed with a anniversary edition or gift set. But if you're like me, wanting as much poop on this great movie as you can get - this set is merely a loud fart that raises the eyebrows slightly.
on August 3, 2009
This was arguably the most hyped-up film of 2008, and it may be partially due to this that it was slightly disappointing. Ledger was amazing as the Joker, but the movie was very garden-variety, standard-issue Hollywood action, and the acting of the other characters weren't all that impressive. Also, it never lightens up, and in its insistent darkness brings on some stylistic ennui. Nevertheless, it won't fail to entertain.
on May 24, 2015
Les anciens film étais meilleur
Décevant
on December 12, 2011
... flimsy metal case (slightly bent when I got it) + no insert on the left side (inside). This takes nothing away from this movie masterpiece but if one order's the "limited Edition Steel Book", one would expect a bit more, not less than the base product.
on February 9, 2009
I thought this movie was somewhat overrated. It was very depressing and quite formulaic. Heath Ledger was amazing in it, but overall the movie was hum drum.
on February 9, 2009
I found this movie to be overrated. Heather is great in it but the rest is rather formulaic and dismal.
on December 2, 2008
I guess I'll voice my vote, this movie is OK. The good are the fight and action sequences, style is very much the same as first movie, the Joker is played very well, but logic of this movie never fails to be too stupid. Hmm, why does Batman make the decisions he makes (don't wanna spoil them), but they are quite irrational in real life. How Joker manages to escape from jail is so lame, but oh well. Charlie (I think that's the name), is for some reason changes his mind about Batman during hospital scene - I couldn't understand that. Also the character of Bruce's girlfriend is strange, she doesn't love Bruce, she loves Batman - why? Aren't they one and the same, guess not for her - it seems a bit silly, like her character wasn't well though out and then they removed her from the movie entirely, good riddance I guess. Oh, and SWAT team is of course no match for Batman, not even a scratch on him. So, lots of this makes no sense, but if you can look over those things, you'll find this movie brilliant. It's not as good as the first though, for the aforementioned reasons.