biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange

on December 12, 2008
My word... this film really does deliver. The action is intense, the settings are dark and gloomy, the cinematics are fast and slick... but when push comes to shove, the shove that brings this film over the top is characterization.

Christian Bale delivers another solid performance, as does the seemingly eternal Michael Caine. Aaron Eckhart is perfectly cast as Two-Face, with earnest Mr. Smith Goes To Washington written all over him until things turn sour. Maggie Gyllenhaal strikes the right combination of romantic and remote, Gary Oldman plays a haunted Commissioner Gordon... and then there's Heath Ledger.

Forget all the hype and the inevitable backlash to the hype. Heath Ledger is the best Joker the screen has ever seen. I'm going to go ahead and call him the best Joker, film or page, of all time. He owns the role. His performance takes the entire film a level beyond. Yes, I am most fulsome in my praise. But he is that good.

Well worth the viewing.
on January 17, 2010
Simply a tour de force. There is nothing I would want in an action movie that is not here in spades. GREAT soundtrack and visuals, amazing performance by Ledger. This movie makes you think afterwards.
on February 11, 2009
Shipping time was excellent 4 days to Alberta. Batpod is too cool as it sits on top of Entertainment Unit, and Blu-ray Discs rock the room. I would totally recommend it to any Bat Enthusiest.
on August 19, 2012
Not only does Heath Ledger give the most memorable Joker performance yet, it was one of his last. Christian Bale Reprises his role has batman in this sequel to Batman begins. With Gotham having its streets cleaned up by batman, things are finally starting to look up. Of course with superheros, comes super villians. Batman backs gothams crimelords into a corner and they turn to a man they don't fully understand.

This movie is not only and amazing Comic book hero movie. Its a great movie for all audiences. And a must see on Blu Ray.
on July 20, 2012
This is The Dark Knight, you HAVE to see it in its digitally enhanced sequence. The colors are more vibrant, the action is more real. It's just phenomenal, truly.
on September 17, 2013
Simply put, the greatest superhero movie of all time (and I could be very well talking about the distant future here too). If I could have given it 6 out of 5 I would have. Heath Ledger won the Oscar because he's passed away, but he would have deserved it anyway. Whenever the greatest screen villains of all time are discussed, he will always be counted at the top of this list. When it was over, I wanted them to start playing it again immediately. Two and a half hours went by in the blink of an eye.
on January 10, 2011
The Dark Night is definitely worth getting o Blu-ray, and is highly entertaining on all levels. Chris Nolan's work and ideas are impressive, and thus he gets positive results from those who work with him. The special features are also great on this 2 disc set, and now I guess I'll have to get Batman Begins soon too. I've seen it, but I am sure it's much better on Blu-ray as well!
on February 8, 2010
Amazon.ca took forever to ship, but once it went out the door, it reached me pretty quickly.

The Dark Knight has one of the best picture quality I have seen on the Blu Ray format. This version switches between the IMAX view (full screen) and letterbox view(bars on top and bottom) throughout the show. The best part is - you can't switch it off. Some people are bothered by this feature, but I think it works fine for me. Overall, great purchase but I wish Amazon.ca would ship faster next time.
on December 11, 2008
The greatest movie of the year finally makes it's debut on bluray. And it's definitely living up to the hype.

I've seen this movie in theatres, it was freakin' amazing. The storyline is at the mind games level for you "intellectuals", and at amazing IMAX bluray full 1920x1080 5.l truehd batman battles for you eye candy holics. One of the best looking bluray's I own, if not the best. I won't mention anything about the storyline, everyone knows it was amazing anyways. :)
on February 13, 2010
Dark Knight is a wonderful film! It was my very first BluRay movie and worth every penny!