5.0 out of 5 stars Circus is Fun and surprising!
Published on Dec 2 2008 by N. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars BRITNEY'S COME BACK? OH COME ON !!!
Published on Jan. 10 2009 by Paul S. Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Circus is Fun and surprising!, Dec 2 2008
This review is from: Circus (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
I really like this album. I am into pop/dance kinds of CDs because they get you moving and get you singing, and that is what this CD does. I find myself singing along and bebopping. This is what Britney does best: dance tracks. She may not be the best vocalist, but she has a nice voice and a great style, and even though her voice gets generated/matched up with a computer, it works very well on this album. I like this CD better than Blackout. Overall, I am so surprised to see how far she has come in a year and hope she keeps up the good work. Some great tracks:
"womanizer", "circus", "if you seek amy", "mannequin", "kill the lights"...I hope they all get videos. "Radar" is awesome too, but it is from the Blackout CD, they should make a hot video for that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Britney fan, but this album is HOT!, Dec 31 2008
LEIGH STJEAN "Fairy girl" (Up North BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
O.K. first of all, as a responce to the first review given... an album is not the sum of it's cover art!

Now for a real review... I am not a Britney fan, and had definately marked her for going, going, gone with her previous year spot light fall, But I am very pleased to say I think Britney is back and beter than I think I have ever heard her before! There a few bubble gum pop ballads I could do with out, but there are many more that out weigh those and are fun to bop your head to and sing along with, one of the most surprising songs on this album is 'Unusual You' It's quite beautiful and I can't seem to get enough of it.
A few others that get ya moving are 'Womanizer' 'Circus' 'Kill The Lights' 'Unusual You' & 'Radar' that's 1/2 the album, and for $13.99 it's not a bad deal! Unlike Like the latest PINK Funhouse album was! If you like POP and Britney this is a great album, if you just wanna give her a chance, I think this a great album to try out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love this album like a Circus!, June 9 2009
Aaron B. (Toronto Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
This is a great comeback album although its not any Emancipation of Mimi (Mariah Carey) it still puts her in the right path. Womanizer was a great opening to this album and the title track Circus is a great dance song. Unusual You has a very interesting beat and sound too it that I love. If U Seek Amy just speaks for itself! I love Lace and Leather its another great dance song. My Baby and Out From Under slow things down but are very beautiful and personal and I love it. Blur is an another great song that I love which anyone who has had a MASIVE HUGEOVER can relate. I pick up this album because I think its another great pop classic! :) BUY IT AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd best album after Blackout, Jan. 3 2009
S. Wilson "music critic" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circus (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
Although a lot of music critics say that Blackout is her best album yet I prefer this one ... both are really, really good. Blackout was grossly underselling though, due in part to her crazy antics the year the album was released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney is Back!, Dec 4 2008
This review is from: Circus (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
All I can say is "Wow!". Britney is finally back! I have been a huge Britney fan ever since she came out, she was actually my very first concert back in 2000. I never lost hope that she would eventually get her life back into a somewhat normal state and put out a really fun album. Circus is exactly that, fun. Almost all the songs on the album are very upbeat and make me want to just get up and shake it! I especially love the title song "Circus". The lyrics are great and its a song I dont see myself getting sick of anytime soon. Ive already listened to the album 5 times today and im about to listen to it again.

Way to go Britney!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd best album after Blackout, Jan. 3 2009
S. Wilson "music critic" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
One of the the two best albums of Britney's career after Blackout, which was grossly underselling, due in part to her crazy antics of that year it was released. I pretty much had her done for ... but she's back (she never left!) Highly recommend buying the imports with the bonus tracks.

1.0 out of 5 stars BRITNEY'S COME BACK? OH COME ON !!!, Jan. 10 2009
Paul S. Power "Music Reviewer" (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
Little did any of us realize that way back in 2000 when Britney sang "Oops I Did It Again" that it would be the soundtrack song for her life. I recently wrote that they named this album what they did because "As Crazy As A Bag Of Hammers" was too long a title! However, she holds a number of Guinness World Records for album and singles sales that total over 83 million thus far, and last year's "Blackout" CD as well as this one went to number 1 here in Canada. I don't understand why. Britney's vocals-if you can call them that-are so whispery, breathless and light that the only other singer I've ever heard that's worse is Paris Hilton and to be honest, you can't call Paris Hilton a singer. Admittedly, this is disposable pop music at it's best (worst?) and this is proven out by how quickly the singles off her last album disappeared. Can you name any? I guess in Britney's defense some could argue that many of today's pop stars depend greatly on a huge studio production team to make their CD's what they are. To be honest though, this CD only has one good song on it; "Womanizer", which admittedly is a catchy pop number-score one for the studio wizards.
The release of "Circus" as the second single doesn't matter much and it's a safe bet they'll release "Kill The Lights" as a single-although it rips off Lady Gaga big time. "If You Seek Amy" is pretty much a "Piece Of Me" follow-up and is the stupidest Britney has ever sounded-her "ooh baby baby" makes you want to hurl. I hope she doesn't actually believe what in she's singing. This is not cheeky-it's just plain trashy. She did make an effort in the composing department by co-writing three of the songs here but if you ask me "My Baby" is tantamount to audio child abuse.
There's no point in writing any more about the 13 songs on this CD, for the most part they're uneventful and unmemorable. I don't care how well this CD sells, if you want the best value for your pop music dollar, pick up CD's by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Christina Aguilera; they're all ten times classier, more talented and will have a longer shelf life than this Mickey Mouse Club has-been (yeah, I know-she's still filthy rich). On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this CD a minus 5.

Circus (Dlx Ed)
Circus (Dlx Ed) by Britney Spears (Audio CD - 2008)