5.0 out of 5 stars Very good rice cooker
It can cook different kind of rice include porridge. It takes about 3.5hours to cook GABA brown rice. However the rice is very delicious.
Published on Feb. 9 2012 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of pressure cooking feature
I scored it a 3/5 only because of the pressure cooker feature.

Be aware that the pressure feature will make great rice but will limit what other recipes it can make. I returned mine and went with the Zojirushi NP-HBC10 Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer (non-pressure vesion.)

The pressure cooker function isn't something that can be...
Published on April 12 2012 by The bearded one

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good rice cooker, Feb. 9 2012
This review is from: Zojirushi NP-HTC10 Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker and Warmer (Kitchen)

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of pressure cooking feature, April 12 2012
I scored it a 3/5 only because of the pressure cooker feature.

The pressure cooker function isn't something that can be turned off or disabled.

Build quality is top notch.

I also bought the book, The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risotto, Polenta, Chillis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, And More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker. It is a wonderful addition!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen of all rice cooker, Feb. 14 2012
Love Nature - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have had a few cheap rice cookers in my life time. Prior to purchase this rice cooker, I had always thought the all rice cookers are the same. Was I ever wrong! Wow, the rice does taste much better with this rice cooker - well worth the price.

Brown rice - let me tell you something, even my three year old loves eating brown rice. No other rice cooker can compete with this rice cooker.

Of course this is not for everyone due to its price and the fact that it is not a multifunction

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Jan. 14 2014
so good. it has so many functionalities and can work well on every option. very good quality. I'd recommend to everybody who likes rice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good rice cooker, Oct. 6 2013
I have only good words for this cooker. Very good design and quality. Easy to use and to maintain. Rice is cooked to perfection. There is a program for accelerated cooking we appreciate when time is missing. Overall a very good device maybe a bit pricey if you don't use on a regular basis but otherwise worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, and use it daily, July 18 2013
for my Chinese stomach, this is the best rice cook i used. so simple to set, normally i set before sleep, than next monday i can have a good rice or congee. it also perfect for brown rice.
It is a little expensive but really worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment For Those Who Love Perfectly Cooked Rice Every Time, Nov. 24 2012
This thing makes perfect rice, every time. Great investment. Really. Buy this one. I've used it at least a few times a week for almost a year now and I have had no problems with it. Easy to clean. Sings you little songs when it starts and finishes cooking. Cooking times may be longer than your cheap rice cooker but the result is worth the wait. And there is a timer that starts counting down when it reaches 20 minutes.

I've made jasmine rice, sushi rice, brown rice, quinoa (just cook like white rice), and a pilaf mixture of red rice, brown rice, bulghur wheat, quinoa, and white rice on the mixed setting and it turns out brilliantly every time.

Absolutely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but superb, April 13 2012
The Zojirushi NP-HTC10 rice cooker is expensive, but superb. Every time I've used it, and rice is the staple starch in my diet, it has worked flawlessly. Even when I've experimented with recipes and settings (like cooking sticky rice in coconut milk with sweetened, condensed milk) it has produced wonderful rice. It seems the need for accurate measurement is less than in other cookers (within reason, of course). The brown rice settings, regular and GABA, produce the best brown rice I have ever eaten.
The design of the unit is excellent, and the inner rice pan is the most solid I have ever seen I (it's steel so that the induction heating works, I assume). The rice serving paddle works excellently (rice doesn't stick).
Cooked rice can be left in the machine far longer than in other machines without excessive flavour or texture loss. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any tests on how long one can safely leave rice in a rice cooker.
NOTE: I removed the stickers on the top and side of the unit when I got it, and haven't been able to get rid of the "sticky" stuff that affixes the stickers. I haven't tried everything to remove the stickiness because I don't want to damage the cooker.

ARRAY(0xb15e1a14)