4.0 out of 5 stars Well priced rickcooker with trusted brand name
I purchased this rice cooker a few weeks ago. I really like the compact size and the functions of this rice cooker. The rice is tasty, and brown rice is well done as well. The only drawback of this cooker is it does not have a retracable cord and no spatula holder. For $40 more you can get these in the NS-LAC05 model. Otherwise, it would be a 5 stars rating!
Published on Jan. 27 2011 by Aroof

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for brown rice
I ended up returning this item. It would not cook brown rice. I followed the directions every time, and the rice was always inedible. I ordered the NS-LAC05 model which is the same small version with a brown rice cycle. I hope it is better. I do have to say that Amazon's return policy is excellent.
Published on Aug. 29 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Well priced rickcooker with trusted brand name, Jan. 27 2011
This review is from: Zojirushi NS-VGC05 MICOM Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a perfect bowl of rice., Jan. 1 2014
While I've only used this five times now I'm in love, It cooks a perfect fluffy and soft rice. I've never owned a rice cooker before, but this is becoming a regular in my daily meal cooking. The cook to be "ready at timer" has been accurate to 30seconds-1mins. Be sure to clean it after every use because it does get messy depending on what you cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect rice cooker, Oct. 18 2012
I had a sanyo rice cooker before I bought this Zojirushi one. Apparently, the rice cooked by Zojirushi tastes much better. I love its "delay" function which means I can book the time at night before I go to bed and then have a bowl of hot congee in the morning when I get up. Or I can set the time and then go to pick up my kid, and when we back maybe a hour later after playing at playground, the rice is ready, I just need to quickly pan-fry something I have already prepared and have our dinner in 15 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, Oct. 8 2012
Have not tried the cake function but rice is good. Prefect every time! Good for one to two people. It's better to let rice sit a while before serving, i like it more soft.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your kitchen, Aug. 12 2012
Scott Sorrell (Vancouver, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
Our Zojirushi is our first rice cooker and we love it. From its darling songs signifying the beginning and end of cooking (so awesomely Japanese) to its unequaled consistency in the rice it is a great daily use appliance. We've done white, brown, and wild rice. Porridge was decent and it was okay with couscous. It really excels at quinoa, just make sure you rinse it thoroughly first.
Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rice cooker, July 10 2012
This is a great rice cooker for making small amounts. I am a single person and can still have the luxury of making rice without feeling I have to eat leftovers.

When I split with my husband I sent our National brand cooker with him and just bought a cheap drug store cooker. I absolutely hated it. It is well worth the money to have a good cooker - it will last you years and years, and makes perfect rice each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as usual, Dec 23 2011
Had a 10-cup Zojirushi which is too big for my household, so we parked that in the pantry and purchased this 3-cup beauty. Compact yet multifunctional, the menu is intuitive and the result is as good as we've always expected from this brand. Easy to clean. Set the timer last night and the rice was ready at 7:30am this morning, no burning/dryness. We have yet to try the "cake" function though.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Experience, Nov. 16 2011
Sandra L. Spence "diversandy" (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
It has been going well with the rice cooker. I have cooked white and brown sprouted, also quinoa with great success all around. Hard to tell how much time is left on the rice until it starts counting down towards the end, but hasn't burned a single pot yet, which is a good thing :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but lots of condensation built up after a couple of hours, Sept. 12 2011
I have only used the cooker to cook white rice. The consistency is great, the only issue I have with it is that the lots of condensation built up after a couple of hours. When you open the lid, the water gets into the cooker's top edge. Not sure if it's supposed to?

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not burn!, Feb. 21 2011
The best rice cooker ever! It doesn't burn at the bottom even if you leave it on warm for hours.

Zojirushi NS-VGC05 MICOM Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer