5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout!
Published on May 8 2009 by Andie Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game. Poor Fitness Tool
Game gets very redundant. I can't see this as a long term fitness solution. Fun the first few times. The Wii itself is not 100%responsive when dodging.
Published 14 days ago by Mandi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout!, May 8 2009
Andie Grant (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
I purchased this product around 3 weeks ago and am SOOOOO happy with it. I too liked the boxing workout on the Wii Fit, but I hated how slow it was and I hated using the remote/nunchuk combo. With Gold's Gym, it's an actual "break a sweat" workout and you can use two remotes instead of remote/nuncuk. The game is a great boxing workout that teaches proper punches, blocks, ducking and weaving. The instuctors are easy to follow and I like that he or she reminds you of your stance or energy level during the workout; helps me when I'm nearing the end of the workout and I'm not punching as strong, lol. You can stay at each level as long as you need to before moving on to a higher level. My favourite feature is having your instructor create a customized workout for you. It saves me time of trying to decide which workout to do. I've actually been doing it every other day for the past 3 weeks and have lost 5 pounds! It's the only workout I stick with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cardio Box Rockx!, May 7 2009
Karen (Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
This is a great game. I loved the boxing component in the Wii Fit game but wished there was more to it. Now you can use this game! It is easy to use, challenging, fun and motivating at the same time. I hate working out, I can't seem to stay interested in anything for more than a few weeks. This will change that however, I find my self waiting to use it.

The price is great. If you are at all thinking about it, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be called Gold's cardio BOXING...., Nov. 28 2009
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
The graphics, in my opinion, are better than the pictures shown here. The instrumental music is appropriate for boxing and peppy!

Also this is really a Boxing program with some side exercises. You can train and learn correct and real Boxing movements and the workouts are really useful AND fun. Out of all the games I own (Wii Fitness, EA Active, My Fitness Coach / Your Shape (same exercises), this is the one that makes me sweat hard in the least amount of time!!

You can customize your character and it will get small or big depending on your weight and height. It's simple and fun to use. My husband said this game is like a typical game in that you can earn "gold" to buy in-game stuff -- like fancy workout clothing for your character, in this case.

I think it would be nice to have "real boxing" shoes (to move back and forth better)and I'm getting some real boxing gloves from eBay to add to the fun fitness experience, because this is a genuine Boxing game (even though it's packaged in a cartoon way).

Also because you can use TWO Wii Remotes (you can also use one Wii Remote and Nunchuck) there is NO wire between which makes it much more enjoyable as the wire does not get caught where you don't want it to. :)

Anyway, I'm digging this game and it's a great addition to the Wii Fitness Plus and EA Active games I have. Cheers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Très bon entraînement, Dec 11 2009
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
Génial comme jeu, vraiment bien fait et très motivant de poursuivre l'entraînement

Excellent, je le conseille à tous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get up off the couch and gimme a crossover punch!, June 21 2012
PT Cruiser - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
If you enjoy cardio boxing and want to work up a sweat, then this Wii game is for you. After doing the basic lessons and moving on to the regular ones for only a couple of hours my arms and shoulders feel like I can't lift them anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow morning.

This is basically a cardio boxing game. The rest of the exercises are short games and workouts that are unlocked as you progress through boxing exercises. It looks like there are 6 regular ones and 4 that use the balance board. This is the extent of the balance board usage. None of the boxing exercises use the balance board. This is a little disappointing, but since you can't jump on the balance board it would be a little difficult to do the boxing footwork which is bouncy, without damaging the board. Still, I thought the description of the game was a little misleading since the use of the balance board is limited to leg raises, push ups and a couple exercises that are already included with the Wii Fit.

Still, I think this is a good addition to my Wii Exercise list because it's engaging and holds my interest and I like games where I can build up the score and compete against my past scores. Here are a list of the pros and cons that I've discovered so far:

Pros:
Choice of music. There are several different music choices that you can preview and play during your workouts.

Choice of settings. You can choose a gym, forest or seaside setting.

Lots of movement and easy to understand instructions.

You acquire points which you can use to buy things at the gym store, like different outfits.

You can pick your trainer (male or female) and there are several different training levels so you can play according to your abilities at a pace that is good for you.

Great response time on the controls and great sounds. "Pow! Crunch! Wham!" The movements and clicks of the Wiimote register right on. You can also click through scenery pans and other peripheral scenes to speed the game. (Thank you, UBI Soft!)

Cons:
The graphics are a little ragged on an HD TV with component cables and 480p settings. Wii HD Link Component Cable
They are also a little simplistic compared to other Wii games, not bad, just simplistic.

The balance board is used in only 4 of the side workouts, not in the main cardio boxing.

All in all, I still think it's a good addition to my Wii workout collection and it's one that's fun enough that it'll get used often. It's good arm and shoulder exercise that will compliment my We Cheer Wii game and a good way to work up a sweat without getting bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, Dec 13 2010
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
I really like the intensity of the game and found that in 10-20 minutes I was working up a great sweat. After doing the ducking combo, it hurt to do stairs for the next few days! I prefer it over the Wii Fit Plus because it is much more continuous and has none of the long breaks in between. I also find it is easier to figure out what they want you to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great wii workout, April 10 2010
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
For the price, this is a really good workout. I love the pace and the way this game is set up. The only glitch with it (maybe my fault), is that sometimes the wii doesn't register the punches and makes you miss a perfect score for a segment. Other than that, this is worth buying. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, Jan. 20 2010
D. Hansen "mammawiia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
I liked the boxing on WiiFit but it didn't feel real enough...WiiGold's Gym puts you there! It is great exercise for your body and mind. You can choose your workouts and levels or let the trainer make one up for you. The scoring is too generous as your punches don't have to be accurate to count but I love being scored as a 22 year old as I am in my forties--it makes me feel good. I recommend this game to anyone wanting the boxing experience without going to the gym. And at under 20 dollars--the price is an extra bonus compared to other games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ease of use..., March 1 2010
H. Carr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
makes this a must have Wii workout. I have stuck with it for a month now. I purchased weighted wristbands to use with it and can actually see muscle tone developing in my arms. It is also very motivating without being annoying. Very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars terrific workout game - fun and effective, April 20 2013
This review is from: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - Bilingual - Wii (Video Game)
This game is great. It varies enough in exercises to keep it interesting and works out just about every muscle you could want. I like letting the game create a workout for me, just like an instructor at a gym would do, and then pick and choose my own activities based on how I feel that day.
The one thing I would criticize is the motion recognition in some workouts. Nothing I perfect but it's difficult to get a perfect score if you're doing the moves, even exaggerated, and it into registering it on the game. Oh well!
If you are looking for a workout game to help get back into shape, try tis. There 'is' a lot of boxing, but it gives you a great Cardio workout just like it promises.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›