Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
If you enjoy cardio boxing and want to work up a sweat, then this Wii game is for you. After doing the basic lessons and moving on to the regular ones for only a couple of hours my arms and shoulders feel like I can't lift them anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow morning.

This is basically a cardio boxing game. The rest of the exercises are short games and workouts that are unlocked as you progress through boxing exercises. It looks like there are 6 regular ones and 4 that use the balance board. This is the extent of the balance board usage. None of the boxing exercises use the balance board. This is a little disappointing, but since you can't jump on the balance board it would be a little difficult to do the boxing footwork which is bouncy, without damaging the board. Still, I thought the description of the game was a little misleading since the use of the balance board is limited to leg raises, push ups and a couple exercises that are already included with the Wii Fit.

Still, I think this is a good addition to my Wii Exercise list because it's engaging and holds my interest and I like games where I can build up the score and compete against my past scores. Here are a list of the pros and cons that I've discovered so far:

Choice of music. There are several different music choices that you can preview and play during your workouts.

Choice of settings. You can choose a gym, forest or seaside setting.

Lots of movement and easy to understand instructions.

You acquire points which you can use to buy things at the gym store, like different outfits.

You can pick your trainer (male or female) and there are several different training levels so you can play according to your abilities at a pace that is good for you.

Great response time on the controls and great sounds. "Pow! Crunch! Wham!" The movements and clicks of the Wiimote register right on. You can also click through scenery pans and other peripheral scenes to speed the game. (Thank you, UBI Soft!)

The graphics are a little ragged on an HD TV with component cables and 480p settings. Wii HD Link Component Cable
They are also a little simplistic compared to other Wii games, not bad, just simplistic.

The balance board is used in only 4 of the side workouts, not in the main cardio boxing.

All in all, I still think it's a good addition to my Wii workout collection and it's one that's fun enough that it'll get used often. It's good arm and shoulder exercise that will compliment my We Cheer Wii game and a good way to work up a sweat without getting bored.
on March 1, 2010
makes this a must have Wii workout. I have stuck with it for a month now. I purchased weighted wristbands to use with it and can actually see muscle tone developing in my arms. It is also very motivating without being annoying. Very pleased with this purchase.
on April 20, 2013
This game is great. It varies enough in exercises to keep it interesting and works out just about every muscle you could want. I like letting the game create a workout for me, just like an instructor at a gym would do, and then pick and choose my own activities based on how I feel that day.
The one thing I would criticize is the motion recognition in some workouts. Nothing I perfect but it's difficult to get a perfect score if you're doing the moves, even exaggerated, and it into registering it on the game. Oh well!
If you are looking for a workout game to help get back into shape, try tis. There 'is' a lot of boxing, but it gives you a great Cardio workout just like it promises.
on June 20, 2013
If you don't like to dance- and God knows I don't- there are very limited options on the wii for cardio. This one is a great one! It's cartoony but who cares?

Really clear instructions so you know what is going on, this takes you through different boxing lessons, challenges etc. And if you put your heart in you can build up a moderate sweat. A great addition to a core program- I recommend biggest loser challenge- to get some cardio in if you need low impact. Plus it's a total stress buster!
on April 19, 2009
I like the variety and change in activities that this program has. The instructions are straight forward and it was easy to get started. The workout is as easy or as difficult as you make it.
on May 6, 2013
I wanted to try something new to keep me in fit.

I try this game and I realize my make a good choice.