Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on August 14, 2014
I ordered this toaster oven with high hopes. It has worked well as described, but the digital display on my unit flickers on the timer portion. I am not happy with this, and plan to seek a replacement with Breville as my return window with amazon.ca has apparently run out, despite receiving this oven less than 2 months ago.
on February 29, 2016
Nice looking oven and have used it regularly for about 2 years with no serious issues.

There are some minor things which I hope they addressed in the newer model.

1. The convection fan is making a racket. I haven't taken it apart, but it sounds like the bearing is starting to fail. Most likely from expose to heat and grease.

2. Opening the oven door greets you with a "nails over chalkboard" screech. Not sure what is rubbing against what internally, and what failed.

3. The alarm is very quiet. This has always been the case from the first use, and is not a symptom of failure over time.

4. The non stick coating on the included round tray flakes of easily. Probably not healthy to ingest. Recommend replacing this tray with a higher quality one.

5. The internal computer / logic controller sometimes confuses the start button with the convection button. This is a recent issue and may be due to internal contamination.It now takes a few presses to start the oven.

Even with these issues, the oven still performs it's intended functions with no issues. Heats up quick and the convection feature cooks food much faster than my large non convection oven.
on October 25, 2012
This toaster works very well, has lots of features and is very attractive. The baking is even and the convection works very well. The LCD display looks great.
My reason for not giving it 5 stars are that the mechanism which pulls out the grill when you open the door often sticks when you close it. The mechanism is just a magnet which is itself ingenious rather than using a hook, however the sticking can get a little annoying.
The other reason and the most important one is that while the exterior case is stainless steel and very well made, the knobs and rotary switches that they used are very sub-par. The knobs are plastic which could be forgiven but the rotary switches themselves are cheap and don't click well as you turn them to select the different toaster settings. The result is that you often have to turn the knob back and forth to finally land on the right setting because it keeps slipping past the one you want. Spending an extra 2$ on the switches could have avoided this.

As a product designer I'm disappointed at this fundamental manufacturing design mistake. You should never cheap out on the element of your product that the user will manipulate the most. It overshadows the quality of the rest of your product and in this case, makes a very high quality oven feel a lot cheaper than it actually is which is a disappointment when you're spending this much on an oven...
on July 20, 2016
I had my breviary for about 2 years. Absolutely loved it. From toast to muffins to pizza to casseroles it is perfect for 2 people. Then the element stopped heating, by now it's off warranty. The cost of repair was over $150. So the purchase price + the cost of repair exceeded the cost of an oven. So I didn't do it , just got a $15 toaster and went back to using my oven.
on March 15, 2013
We purchased this oven in December 2010. We are a 2 adult household and the oven was not subjected to heavy use - maybe 3-4 times a month on average, so over the course of 2 years 100 uses or less which is not much, especially for the cost. One day while in use the lights went out and it just stopped working. I did some research online and noted that this was a fairly common complaint. I contacted the company, pointed out all the complaints and even though we were out of warranty they replaced it, quickly and efficiently. We have our new one. It is the best cooking oven of its kind that I have had - pizzas come out perfectly and it's great for baking small cakes. Just be aware of the defect.
on February 11, 2012
We have had the oven about a month but we haven't thrown the shipping materials yet. Although it looks good and performs well for the most part it has crashed once displaying error code 1 about 90 minutes into a slow cycle. Unplugging it reset it but something may not be quite right in there. Disappointed that the timer maxes out at 2 hours. That's too short for braising.
on September 6, 2015
Great oven! Until is suddenly stopped working after 3-4 years of moderate use. Just died overnight. According to testimonials, it is the thermal fuse that went. Previously, our Breville kettle failed suddenly after 2.5 years. Unreliable equipment!
on June 29, 2015
After 4 years our Breville oven is dead. It's throwing error code E05. We have been using it everyday. Paid 219$ 4 years ago. 54.75$/year.
on October 25, 2014
Great Performance but the insulation factor is next to nil. Big drawback!