countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 20, 2016
I had my breviary for about 2 years. Absolutely loved it. From toast to muffins to pizza to casseroles it is perfect for 2 people. Then the element stopped heating, by now it's off warranty. The cost of repair was over $150. So the purchase price + the cost of repair exceeded the cost of an oven. So I didn't do it , just got a $15 toaster and went back to using my oven.
on July 7, 2016
la perfection
on July 2, 2016
I got this before renovating our kitchen a few years ago, anticipating not being able to use our range for a period, but we continue to use it now, long after, and despite it eating up a decent amount of counter space. We do not bake large roasts or birds very often, so this takes care of almost all of our baking needs. Everything from pastry, pizza, and TV dinners comes out well. I like that it uses less power than the range, and produces less heat in the kitchen. The pizza tray lost it's coating over time and we replaced it easily through Breville's online shop; the instructions said not to wash it in the dishwasher but we forgot that a few times.
on June 13, 2016
Pricey but high quality device. Hopefully lasts a long time
on June 11, 2016
Great item! Love it! Cooking at a fraction of electricity cost!
on April 27, 2016
We've had two of these die on us now, the one we bought and the replacement. One day the screen is dead for no reason, and you can't use the oven. Bleargh.
on March 25, 2016
We've had this for quite some time, probably several years now. It's still going strong. The only minor complaint is the knob for selecting the mode of use is kind of jumpy. We use this all the time and rarely use our oven any more. Also, if the weather is crummy, rather than BBQ we use the toaster oven. Like all of the larger "toaster ovens' we've had, they are crummy toasters; if your main need is to toast bread, then get a proper toaster. But if you want something to grill meat, cook frozen pizza, warm things or keep them warm, then this is an excellent albeit a bit pricy choice.
on March 22, 2016
One heater element broke after the 2nd test run..........
on March 20, 2016
Recently we upgraded our toaster oven to the Breville Compact Smart Toaster Oven. We've had it about 3 months now and I have to say it's a joy to use. Having an option which doesn't involve heating up the main oven for baking smaller items is important. I believe the toaster oven saves on electricity costs though I haven't done a cost analysis at all, it just makes sense. Besides making toast, I've always used my toaster oven for heating up left over foods, making toast and preparing frozen dishes. Using the microwave isn't always the best option with some foods. When making toast I like to be able to see the progress as it annoys me when the toast comes out too dark or burnt and the pop up toasters don't always work the way their supposed to.
The Oven rack has three positions and on the door they clearly mark what position is best for what you are cooking. It's important to change the rack position before you start to preheat the oven. The middle rack has a magnet which attaches to the door. Once you open the door the rack pulls out with the door to make the hot food easier to remove. There are three adjusting knobs on this oven. The first knob allows you to choose your mode, such as pizza, toast, baking or roasting. The second knob is for selecting your temperature setting and the third knob is for adjusting your time. Once you have chosen your mode the oven will prompt you to enter more information such as what size is the pizza or how many pieces of bread are you toasting. Based on your preferences the oven will have a pre-selected time and temperature but you can always adjust to suit. When you select your mode, temp and time the oven will then preheat and beep once it is ready for your food to be inserted in to the oven. When the pre-selected time is up the oven will then beep and shut off to remind your food is done. It's easy to add more time if needed.
As far as looks the Breville Compact Smart Toaster Oven is a sharp looking appliance and I do enjoy seeing it on my counter. It can bake a 12 inch pizza so it is quite large and comes in handy as a second oven when entertaining. There is a bottom crumb catcher tray that pulls out for easy cleaning and is very simple to use. Another small feature about the plug is that it has a pull finger hole that makes it so easy to pull out the plug when the oven is not in use. I think more appliances should copy this design. One con is that there is no light inside the oven so I have to shine my phone flashlight to see how the food is progressing. Also it's not the least expensive option out there.
on March 20, 2016
Having good experience with Breville products in Australia, I decided to take the plunge on this toaster oven and hope it was worth the money. It's been the best toaster oven I've ever owned, perfect toast and bagels every time. We don't even own a toaster now that we have this oven. My wife uses it all the time for making meals and baking and we very seldom use our large oven anymore. My parents also decided to get one as well and they love it too. Great quality, perfect size, well made and so far has lasted with our more than average amount of use.

Update 03-20-2016:
This item is still going strong with no issues over all this time. We use it almost daily so it's been working hard for us. My parents are also using theirs more than their full size oven now and it's lasted just the same as ours. Best toaster oven ever.