5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product
I purchased the Smart Oven after watching the review on Cook's Illustrated. They
mentioned all of the positive features plus the price of the unit so I was not shocked when I went looking for the best price.

There are some excellent reviews here so I will touch on a few things that I have noticed over the short time I have had the unit.

I...
Published on April 3 2011 by Abbotsford Flyers

1.0 out of 5 stars Elements failed
After using this oven on a regular basis for thirteen months two of the top three elements stopped working. The oven has been treated with care and cleaned on a regular basis. The warranty ran out one month before and this defect is not covered. I will not consider buying a Breville product in the future.
Published on Oct. 29 2011 by NanaimoConsumer

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor customer service from Breville not worth the price, Oct. 5 2011
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
We purchased the toaster oven 8ooXL and loved it until it stopped completely in 10 months. Got a real run around as to where to take it for warranty work on Sept 1. As of today we still don't have it back, no help from head office customer service, this person could have been a computer. Told then that they will only replace after 4 - 6 weeks in service. Followed up with an email to the company with no reply. Spoke to another person today who also had the same ordeal with another appliance from this company. Breville does not deserve the high ratings I have seen in different areas online

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL, Feb. 23 2013
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
J'ai trouvé que la cuisson des toast est excellente

Je le trouve très utile pour cuire de la viande pour ne pas faire fonctionner le gros fourneau et c'est très commode pour moi,
la sonnerie, comme je suis très occupé je ne manque pas d'aller chercher ce qui est pret

Très facile à nettoyer, efficace et pas compliqué à faire fonctionner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing problem with temperature, Nov. 13 2011
Nannie (Port Alberni BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
We did a lot of research before purchasing this oven and decided to purchase it based on those. However, while it is handsome, sturdy and well designed, it would not heat up past 325 degrees, no matter what temperature you set the dial. It went back.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this product, April 6 2011
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Received this product in October of 2010. Works ok but the cooking times are same or longer than our full size gas oven. Not sure what good the convection feature is doing. Toasting is super slow. Then in March of 2011, stops working completely. No power at all. 1st week of April and still in the shop. Breville shipped wrong part. Call Breville, sorry, nothing we can do for you. Normal wait time for repairs is 4 to 6 weeks. Great service for a $300 toaster oven. Shop elsewhere folks. I for one will never buy a product from this company again. And read through all the reviews, you'll see that there are several complaints about failing units. We were lucky ours was during the 1st year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Dec 17 2009
fourpatch (Surrey, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Been using this toaster oven for 6 months now and love it! The menu is clear and easy to use. Broiling steaks is a breeze. Uniform cooking every time. Even cleanup is easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toaster Oven works great, when it works, July 22 2012
V&E's Mom (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
We have now had 3 of this toaster oven, and had the same problem with all 3. After a couple of months, the toaster oven stopped working, no power at all. The only reason we had 3 of these ovens was that they all died within the warranty period and we were able to take them back to the place of purchase for refund or exchange. Excellent set up, but no good if it is so unreliable. So far for the 3rd one we are having to deal with Breville directly, and this is the reason the toaster oven is still sitting gathering dust. Buy another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toaster oven and small convection oven, March 22 2010
Shannon Peckford "Shannonp" (Kelowna, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
I love my Breville toaster oven. I use it for toast, bagels, reheating, etc. I no longer have a microwave or a toaster, as this one does it all well. I did not want to use a microwave any longer, which is why I purchased the Breville. It works great. It does take a little while to get toast going fast, but once it is warmed up (3-4 minutes), it does a great job. Would definitely recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with temp and cooking times, Aug. 5 2013
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Love the concept, tried several different times to make meals, but as indicated, the pre-set temps and times were not sufficient and consequently the oven took just as long as my regular oven. I am in the process of returning it to Breville, with no problems, and hope to receive a new one in a short time.

4.0 out of 5 stars In use for years now, No Problems, June 18 2013
David Griffiths (New Westminster, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
It heats up fast, and with the convection option, it cooks food quickly.

Our main oven sometimes burns food when the bottom burner comes on to bring the oven back to temperature. This oven, with the "smart" feature to heat different elements at different times, cooks the food easily.

There are also a lot of cooking options - from the standards of bake, broil, toast, to the more specialized "bagel", "pizza" and "cookies". We typically use bake, broil, toast and bagel.

My only complaint (and it's more of a concern) is that the controls on the front feel very light-weight. I've read that Canadians don't get the same level of support and warranty service that the Americans do, so keep that in mind when purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best oven on the market, April 2 2013
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
I bought this oven four years ago I paid $250 on sale.
I've had almost 4 years and never had a problem with it besides the problem with the dimming LCD display.
Back then they all had problems with the LCD display dimming with time.
I can still see it even though it's quite dim. The oven can fit up to a 12 inch pizza.
The convention (Just circulates air) works very well and cooks food quite thoroughly.
The stainless steel exterior is easy to keep clean. I liked it so much that when they went on sale here at Amazon for $199 I couldn't resist buying another. If you're looking for a replacement for your big oven this is what to buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›