5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product
I purchased the Smart Oven after watching the review on Cook's Illustrated. They
mentioned all of the positive features plus the price of the unit so I was not shocked when I went looking for the best price.

There are some excellent reviews here so I will touch on a few things that I have noticed over the short time I have had the unit.

I...
Published on April 3 2011 by Abbotsford Flyers

1.0 out of 5 stars Elements failed
After using this oven on a regular basis for thirteen months two of the top three elements stopped working. The oven has been treated with care and cleaned on a regular basis. The warranty ran out one month before and this defect is not covered. I will not consider buying a Breville product in the future.
Published on Oct. 29 2011 by NanaimoConsumer

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars food tastes better ! but functions failing 3 mos later..., Sept. 19 2010
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Following the positive reviews by Amazon clients, I purchased the Breville Smart convection toaster oven and am very pleased and thank all those who recommended it; the food I have been cooking with it even tastes better. Cooks quickly, a truly smart oven. The only reservation, if any, is that i have to remind myself to be careful to not come in contact with the inside of the oven door while cooking or shortly thereafter (say when testing to see if chicken or fish has thoroughly cooked) because the oven door is HOT when opened. This said, I recommend without reservation!! it is well worth the money, and saves you a trip to the store and carrying it home.
An addenda: 3 months later...tho i still like this product i must join those who report that it has stopped cooking efficiently. In fact i have to repeat broiling 3X the time allocated; it just seems as if part of the heating element in this convection oven has stopped functioning. Toast also taking 3x longer. So my enthusiasm is abated and i wonder how many others have experienced decline of functions, alas. i suspect i shall need to buy another shortly, tho i am reluctant to spend more $ and may just take 3X the amount of time to cook and toast,alas.

1.0 out of 5 stars LCD screen just died and so did the oven shortly after the end of warranty., March 5 2014
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
We did enjoy the Smart Oven BOV800XL that we purchased from Amazon while it lasted. We are seniors and we thought it would help our energy bills instead of using a large oven. Unfortunately it only lasted a little over a year (warranty length, how convenient). We were cooking some fish when all of a sudden the LCD screen went blank and so did the oven. It did not show any error message, it just went blank. Tried everything including unplugging it, waiting and plugging it in again. Results = nothing. Looked for reset button but none there. Has is happened to anyone else? Please let us know if you know how we can repair it.

As far as “would I buy another?” NO! Very disappointed. Unhappy Grandparents

1.0 out of 5 stars Started on fire; No customer support from Breville, July 15 2014
joli (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
I was happy with this oven for a year, but that quickly came to an end when the top element started on fire. I've contact Breville and despite supplying all the information they've requested, they have not responded.

I discourage anyone from purchasing this oven and I'd be reluctant to purchase other Breville products as a result of their lack of customer support.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic convection oven/toaster, June 2 2010
SJ JB "hunter" (toronto, ontario, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
It is a great product. Toaster is great - but especially the oven. I've made pizza's, fries, cookies, salmon etc. and it was fast and efficient. It is very easy to clean (outside and inside) and looks great on the counter! Worth the money for sure!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, Oct. 11 2012
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Purchased mine in July 2011. Last week, the unit unexpectedly stopped working. Unlike other reviewers have noted, my LCD screen would light up, but the heaters and fan would not start. Called Breville, who directed me to a repair shop in the area, but otherwise were unwilling to recognize the pattern of failure in these ovens and extend my warranty to cover the repairs. The repair shop diagnosed the problem as a failed control board. This will cost me $50 and take an additional two weeks to repair.

Avoid this oven at all costs. The poor reliability and even worse customer service is just not worth it. This unit is #fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL, Feb. 23 2013
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
J'ai trouvé que la cuisson des toast est excellente

Je le trouve très utile pour cuire de la viande pour ne pas faire fonctionner le gros fourneau et c'est très commode pour moi,
la sonnerie, comme je suis très occupé je ne manque pas d'aller chercher ce qui est pret

Très facile à nettoyer, efficace et pas compliqué à faire fonctionner.

3.0 out of 5 stars I am not happy with this, Aug. 14 2014
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
I ordered this toaster oven with high hopes. It has worked well as described, but the digital display on my unit flickers on the timer portion. I am not happy with this, and plan to seek a replacement with Breville as my return window with amazon.ca has apparently run out, despite receiving this oven less than 2 months ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seemed like good customer service until you ask questions, Oct. 16 2012
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
I purchased a recondition model from breville and it worked for a month and a half. The electronics stopped working. They're sending me a replacement in what they estimate will be in about a month, but they can't send me an email when it's going to be sent and the email I got from them said it would be my proof of purchase for the new warranty. When I asked them if the warranty started before I ever received the actual item they wouldn't answer my question. So I guess no answer means if it takes 2 months to get a replacement I only have a 4 month warranty not a full 6 months. It seemed so easy to get the replacement until I started asking questions about tracking my order and warranty of my item. Their warehouse is not customer service so they don't tell you when it's being shipped is what I was told by them. So it will be a surprise I guess.

I've never had to deal with such bad customer service!

1.0 out of 5 stars SHORT LIFE SPAN FOR THIS HIGH PRICE ITEM., Sept. 24 2014
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Bought on July 4, 2013, ~$266.00 CDN. Quit working August 2014. Replaced thermal fuse August 2014, Quit working again September 2014 after second use. I suspect the replacement fuse opened because of secondary problem with the oven's temperature regulation.

From reading reviews on the net about many other different problems with this product, I will not invest any more time, money or patience into this product and will not buy this brand again. I do not recommend buying this product. Too expensive for the service it gives you.

Some parts are already not available, back-ordered or discontinued. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/breville-bov800xl-smart-oven-parts-c-116052_116061_116092.html

Parts are expensive to get to Canada. Thermal fuse price is $4.57, but shipping prices go from $13.30 for 25 day delivery to $45.98 for 3 day delivery US dollars netting a landed cost range for this $5.00 part from $20.00 to over $50.00.

It is a difficult and dangerous product to work on because of an over abundance of screws, cryptic assembly and razor sharp edges on the oven's cover parts. So sharp, you can cut yourself and not even realize it until the blood starts dripping.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this product, April 6 2011
This review is from: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL (Kitchen)
Received this product in October of 2010. Works ok but the cooking times are same or longer than our full size gas oven. Not sure what good the convection feature is doing. Toasting is super slow. Then in March of 2011, stops working completely. No power at all. 1st week of April and still in the shop. Breville shipped wrong part. Call Breville, sorry, nothing we can do for you. Normal wait time for repairs is 4 to 6 weeks. Great service for a $300 toaster oven. Shop elsewhere folks. I for one will never buy a product from this company again. And read through all the reviews, you'll see that there are several complaints about failing units. We were lucky ours was during the 1st year.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›