5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!
Published 8 months ago by Kayla

3.0 out of 5 stars Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer- An Honest Review
Published 19 months ago by atanali

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, Jan. 12 2014
This review is from: Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer (Black and Chrome) (Kitchen)
I owned a Breville centrifugal juicer before and returned it to purchase this one instead. I have to say that I am blown away, this juicer is 100x better than the Breville and probably any other centrifugal juicers!! For one thing, the pulp is bone dry and there isn't much of it. When we used the Breville there was a ton of pulp and it was always wet. But mainly what I've noticed is that the juice is so much more flavorful, not only that but it looks better too! The juice from the Breville always separated and the apple celery juice just looked like apple celery water; it was leaving all the juice and flavor in the pulp!! After owning this Omega, I will never go back. Spend a bit more on a good juicer and you will not regret it. You're wasting a lot less fruits and vegetables, PLUS this juice is more nutritious because it's made using low RPM's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Juicer! Get it now!!, Aug. 22 2012
amashopper - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After reading many reviews and watching many online videos of the Omega J8006 juicer, I decided to get one. The unit arrived quicker than expected. I have been juicing beets, kale, carrots, celery, lemons and cucumbers. The juice that comes out of this unit tastes great and the remaining pulp is slightly damp meaning it is "squeezing" as much juice out as possible. There are hardly any fibres that come out through the juice spout. This is a masticating juicer that is extremely quiet. I couldn't believe the horrid jet engine type noise that came from some of the centrifugal type juicers that I had reviewed. Part of making fresh, healthy juice in the morning is not to wake up the entire household. I think you will use this juicer a lot more than centrifugal type juicers as it is so quiet. Just leave it on your counter assembled and ready to juice. The cleanup is so simple, a monkey could do it. As soon as you are done juicing, even before you drink your fresh juice, quickly rinse all items under running water. Maybe takes a minute or two. There is a giant toothbrush included to clean out a small screen, which should take 15 seconds at most. Total cleanup and reassembly time should be no more than 3 to 4 minutes. How cool is that? A 15 year warranty to boot! Come on, start juicing with this machine and become healthier!

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Juicers, July 24 2012
Tim G. (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
So far I've used it for a couple of weeks. It is an amazing monster that eats vegetables like a large bunny. The masticating noises made by the munching of carrots for instance shows its power. The amount of juice produced is incredible and not too frothy. I purchased this after much research. I decided to get this one as opposed to a sub $100 one or a blender version. Most experts point to this one, and now I noticed it has been reduced in price (any price protection Amazon?). The 15 year warranty convinced me to pay more now than 50-100$ every year for an inferior one. The price will also bother me enough to use it everyday. Compared to paying 2-3$ day for MLM vitamin drinks, this investment in natural inputs makes more sense. Buy this with confidence.

Update 10/24/13
I use this everyday. While the plastic of the moving parts is slightly discolored, it still works as new. I've replaced two different parts with no questions asked (no bills, proof of purchase) and received them within days. Both were very minor issues (clicking noise) that fixed the problem. Warranty is first class.

3.0 out of 5 stars Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer- An Honest Review, Feb. 12 2013
atanali "-Atanali-" (Ont. Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this juicer 7-8 months ago, and have been using it steadily, but NOT daily, up until last week. From day one, it juiced my produce very well, much more satisfactory than a centrifugal juicer. I had great difficulty in deciding exactly what type of juicer to buy since the market is currently flooded with products, and the balance between price and health is difficult to maintain. To make it easier for all of you out there who want your money's worth AND do not want to compromise your health, I've written this review for you.

Masticating Juicers; Pros and Cons
-Mid price range, couple hundred more than the centrifugal, depending on brands. Not as popular in stores as centrifugals, so a bit more difficult to find, but still available.
- Nutritional quality of juice excellent.
- Easy to clean (less than five minutes), easy to store, fairly less noisy than the centrifugal, warranty with many brands. The jucier I bought from Omega has a 15 year warranty.
- This particular juicer is slower than the centrifugal, but for the nutrition comparison, is worth it to me. I do not use the plastic containers it came with for the juice as they are bulky, and make pouring difficult. However, a common liquids measuring cup works perfectly.
- The parts this machine uses to make the juice are plastic, only the screen is stainless steel. This bothered me a lot, as I avoid plastic as much as possible, especially when in contact with water or food. Previous reviewers have complained of metal and plastic shavings ending up in their juice, as of yet I have not experienced this, and since I knew of the complaints before I purchased my juicer, I watched it very carefully, and still do.
-Omega claims this juicer can do many things. I haven't tried them all out, but I did try the salsa method for chopping my peppers. I followed all instructions given, used all the correct parts, and though I did get an excellent pepper sauce, a lot of pepper juice came out, despite using the blank. Also, much of the juice overloaded the juicer and got behind the auger into the machine itself. I had unscrew the open/close and clean it because it was sticking shut. I haven't tried coffee beans, grains, nut butters, or anything else except juicing and chopping. I haven ot been using the juicer on a daily basis, though I have been using it on a weekly basis, and was careful not to overload it after the pepper incident. Despite my careful usage, when making green juice for a turbo smoothie last week, my juicer screen broke. I was going to put a picture up, but a previous review already did- it seems this may be a common problem. I have contacted Omega and they are sending me a replacement, but it made me somewhat regret compromising on my issues with plastics to settle for this juicer.
The only other option out there for me is a chop and press style juicer, such as the Norwalk. Unfortunately, they are entirely out of my price range, being 2,000.00. They are all stainless, get the highest extraction and nutritional quality of juice, but I simply don't have two grand to shell out for an appliance. There is no way they cost that much to make.
So, yes- this juicer meets my needs. (As long as the company is around to replace parts.) I may stock up on screens just in case (they are 9.99 each.) Until a better one comes along, this is the juicer for me. But I will be keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced Norwalk.

UPDATE: Down to three stars. I would have to agree with the other reviews- the juicing screen acted up and shaved plastic off the auger and who knows if I drank it or not, as of course, I only noticed when I washed it. The screen broke when juicing a couple lemons, and as this brand claims to juice citrus as well as other produce, it should have been able to handle them. I contacted the company, and they did supply me with a new screen and a new auger, free of charge. I received both within a week, well packaged. However, I am looking out now for a stainless juicer. This plastic junk and the poor design just doesn't cut it for me, and it should have been much higher quality for the price. I found out that the Norwalk, all stainless, is made in the USA, which would explain some of the high cost, but not all. I still can't afford one, so I have to stick with this Omega for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars just fantastic, April 23 2012
My favorite kitchen item!! it lives up to all expectations, give amazing juice, and very few cleaning woe as not many parts and are very easy to clean!! love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great machine!, April 7 2014
amazing juicer, way better than the centrifugal one we had before. here are the pros and cons

pros
very good at dealing with leafy greens, brocolli, and other stuff thats typically dry.
extremely fast to clean. less than 60seconds.
dead quiet.
makes good smothies. try peanut butter, nutella, and frozen fruit. amazing.
its really fun to use, my wife and i argue over who gets to use it.

cons
small chute, which means more time cutting up veggies and pushing them down.
there are some things it cant handle. apples, bananas, mangos. they turn to pulp and its hard for the auger to grab it and push it through the screen. however i dont think any juicer can do better.
a bit more expensive than a centrifugal juicer.

a few more things. look up the differences between all the 8000 models. there are subtle differences. i recomend spending the extra thirty buck for the models with the stronger auger. ie this one.
with apples, bananas, mangos, peaches and other stuff that turns to pulp. dont juice it. use the other fittings provided, and turn it into a smoothie, and juice the other stuff after, then mix them together. works great.
overalll this is a great machine and way less expensive than the next best juicer. (super angel $1500)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Mid-range Juicer, but be informed of its quirks:, Oct. 19 2013
I bought this product based on its high placing in juicing comparisons found around the web. I use it 2-5 times a day, most days of the week. Here are my thoughts:
1) Juices veggies like leafy greens, asparagus, potatoes, everything really, with ease and impressive amounts of expressed juice.
2) The pulp is quite dry, with the exception of oranges. For whatever reason the orange pulp is always moist after processing.
3) It is very easy to assemble, but Many reviews/comparisons said this was one of the easiest to disassemble and wash. It is rather easy, but this honestly would be my limit in terms of the total time it takes to disassemble and wash, especially since I use it more than once a day.
4) The chute is rather small. This is important and I wish the company would consider a wider mouth. This significantly slows down your juicing as you have to chop your veggies/fruit into smaller pieces.
5) Apple peels almost always clog the system, requiring me to take it apart clean out the peel and reassemble. Which really only takes like a minute, but is a hassle when you are just trying to get it done.
6) Over all, a very sturdy, and a nice looking machine. No juicer is perfect and this seems to be a good mid-range juicer.
7) I would recommend this juicer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product except for one issue, Feb. 11 2013
Bought this as a noobie juicer and love it!! Cleans quickly, looks good on the counter and effectively does exactly as it says! Can chew through anything I have put through it and the pulp is slightly damp. I have ran the pulp through again and it really wasn't worth the effort, thats how effective this model is.

Unfortunately there is scraping at the screen fitting and its going into my juice. It seems to have arrested it self after the first couple times of use and has not gotten any worse. Will be contacting the manufactor and will update as it progresses.

Other then the scraping, this thing is an excellent purchase , I feel better, eat better and can climb out of bed without the normal pains of a 41 y old man. I highly recommend and all the info you would ever need on this and other juicers, including tips and recipes is all over the net.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTRA EXTRA read all about it!, Feb. 12 2014
It is simply the best. ..better than all the rest.! Don't waste your money and time. Best bang four your buck and health. Great yeild. Fun to use. Try putting frozen mango in the hopper and you will fall in love with the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, Jan. 7 2013
So far this has exceeded my expectations. I even bought one for my parents too. I juice every morning and read every review for any masticating juicer before choosing to buy this one. I was concerned whether I'd make the right choice after ordering it but once I'd used it once I knew I had chosen right.
I'd used a Champion juicer previous to this one (but it was a borrowed juicer). Reasons why I'm delighted with my purchase:
It juices greens better than the champion
It never gets 'gummed' up
The pulp is very dry (so I know I get most of the juice)
No Froth
No heat
Super easy to clean (<5min) with some hot water and the cleaning brush that comes with it.
No juice gets through the gasket to touch the actual machine so there is no worry of any fluid getting into the gears/motor - it is all contained within the self contained juicing chamber (brilliant)
Plenty of attachments for pasta making etc that are cool, cleaning brush included.
Things of note:
Yes, it will require a bit of chopping due to the narrow chute - I don't mind, I pre-cut and arrange 3 days of juicing veggies in tupperware containers in the fridge so in the morning I just grab one, juice and go.
Don't think you'll actually get nut butter out of it - it will make a good nut flour though

I recommend this product to anyone. As I said I got one for my parents and they now use it everyday. My brother is going to get one too. I'll never change to a different brand of Juicer. Worth the money. Every penny.