5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!
Published 11 months ago by Kayla

3.0 out of 5 stars Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer- An Honest Review
Published 22 months ago by atanali

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, Jan. 12 2014
This review is from: Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer (Black and Chrome) (Kitchen)
I owned a Breville centrifugal juicer before and returned it to purchase this one instead. I have to say that I am blown away, this juicer is 100x better than the Breville and probably any other centrifugal juicers!! For one thing, the pulp is bone dry and there isn't much of it. When we used the Breville there was a ton of pulp and it was always wet. But mainly what I've noticed is that the juice is so much more flavorful, not only that but it looks better too! The juice from the Breville always separated and the apple celery juice just looked like apple celery water; it was leaving all the juice and flavor in the pulp!! After owning this Omega, I will never go back. Spend a bit more on a good juicer and you will not regret it. You're wasting a lot less fruits and vegetables, PLUS this juice is more nutritious because it's made using low RPM's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Juicer! Get it now!!, Aug. 22 2012
amashopper - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After reading many reviews and watching many online videos of the Omega J8006 juicer, I decided to get one. The unit arrived quicker than expected. I have been juicing beets, kale, carrots, celery, lemons and cucumbers. The juice that comes out of this unit tastes great and the remaining pulp is slightly damp meaning it is "squeezing" as much juice out as possible. There are hardly any fibres that come out through the juice spout. This is a masticating juicer that is extremely quiet. I couldn't believe the horrid jet engine type noise that came from some of the centrifugal type juicers that I had reviewed. Part of making fresh, healthy juice in the morning is not to wake up the entire household. I think you will use this juicer a lot more than centrifugal type juicers as it is so quiet. Just leave it on your counter assembled and ready to juice. The cleanup is so simple, a monkey could do it. As soon as you are done juicing, even before you drink your fresh juice, quickly rinse all items under running water. Maybe takes a minute or two. There is a giant toothbrush included to clean out a small screen, which should take 15 seconds at most. Total cleanup and reassembly time should be no more than 3 to 4 minutes. How cool is that? A 15 year warranty to boot! Come on, start juicing with this machine and become healthier!

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Juicers, July 24 2012
Tim G. (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
So far I've used it for a couple of weeks. It is an amazing monster that eats vegetables like a large bunny. The masticating noises made by the munching of carrots for instance shows its power. The amount of juice produced is incredible and not too frothy. I purchased this after much research. I decided to get this one as opposed to a sub $100 one or a blender version. Most experts point to this one, and now I noticed it has been reduced in price (any price protection Amazon?). The 15 year warranty convinced me to pay more now than 50-100$ every year for an inferior one. The price will also bother me enough to use it everyday. Compared to paying 2-3$ day for MLM vitamin drinks, this investment in natural inputs makes more sense. Buy this with confidence.

Update 10/24/13
I use this everyday. While the plastic of the moving parts is slightly discolored, it still works as new. I've replaced two different parts with no questions asked (no bills, proof of purchase) and received them within days. Both were very minor issues (clicking noise) that fixed the problem. Warranty is first class.

3.0 out of 5 stars Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer- An Honest Review, Feb. 12 2013
atanali "-Atanali-" (Ont. Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this juicer 7-8 months ago, and have been using it steadily, but NOT daily, up until last week. From day one, it juiced my produce very well, much more satisfactory than a centrifugal juicer. I had great difficulty in deciding exactly what type of juicer to buy since the market is currently flooded with products, and the balance between price and health is difficult to maintain. To make it easier for all of you out there who want your money's worth AND do not want to compromise your health, I've written this review for you.

Masticating Juicers; Pros and Cons
-Mid price range, couple hundred more than the centrifugal, depending on brands. Not as popular in stores as centrifugals, so a bit more difficult to find, but still available.
- Nutritional quality of juice excellent.
- Easy to clean (less than five minutes), easy to store, fairly less noisy than the centrifugal, warranty with many brands. The jucier I bought from Omega has a 15 year warranty.
- This particular juicer is slower than the centrifugal, but for the nutrition comparison, is worth it to me. I do not use the plastic containers it came with for the juice as they are bulky, and make pouring difficult. However, a common liquids measuring cup works perfectly.
- The parts this machine uses to make the juice are plastic, only the screen is stainless steel. This bothered me a lot, as I avoid plastic as much as possible, especially when in contact with water or food. Previous reviewers have complained of metal and plastic shavings ending up in their juice, as of yet I have not experienced this, and since I knew of the complaints before I purchased my juicer, I watched it very carefully, and still do.
-Omega claims this juicer can do many things. I haven't tried them all out, but I did try the salsa method for chopping my peppers. I followed all instructions given, used all the correct parts, and though I did get an excellent pepper sauce, a lot of pepper juice came out, despite using the blank. Also, much of the juice overloaded the juicer and got behind the auger into the machine itself. I had unscrew the open/close and clean it because it was sticking shut. I haven't tried coffee beans, grains, nut butters, or anything else except juicing and chopping. I haven ot been using the juicer on a daily basis, though I have been using it on a weekly basis, and was careful not to overload it after the pepper incident. Despite my careful usage, when making green juice for a turbo smoothie last week, my juicer screen broke. I was going to put a picture up, but a previous review already did- it seems this may be a common problem. I have contacted Omega and they are sending me a replacement, but it made me somewhat regret compromising on my issues with plastics to settle for this juicer.
The only other option out there for me is a chop and press style juicer, such as the Norwalk. Unfortunately, they are entirely out of my price range, being 2,000.00. They are all stainless, get the highest extraction and nutritional quality of juice, but I simply don't have two grand to shell out for an appliance. There is no way they cost that much to make.
So, yes- this juicer meets my needs. (As long as the company is around to replace parts.) I may stock up on screens just in case (they are 9.99 each.) Until a better one comes along, this is the juicer for me. But I will be keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced Norwalk.

UPDATE: Down to three stars. I would have to agree with the other reviews- the juicing screen acted up and shaved plastic off the auger and who knows if I drank it or not, as of course, I only noticed when I washed it. The screen broke when juicing a couple lemons, and as this brand claims to juice citrus as well as other produce, it should have been able to handle them. I contacted the company, and they did supply me with a new screen and a new auger, free of charge. I received both within a week, well packaged. However, I am looking out now for a stainless juicer. This plastic junk and the poor design just doesn't cut it for me, and it should have been much higher quality for the price. I found out that the Norwalk, all stainless, is made in the USA, which would explain some of the high cost, but not all. I still can't afford one, so I have to stick with this Omega for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars just fantastic, April 23 2012
My favorite kitchen item!! it lives up to all expectations, give amazing juice, and very few cleaning woe as not many parts and are very easy to clean!! love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great machine!, April 7 2014
amazing juicer, way better than the centrifugal one we had before. here are the pros and cons

pros
very good at dealing with leafy greens, brocolli, and other stuff thats typically dry.
extremely fast to clean. less than 60seconds.
dead quiet.
makes good smothies. try peanut butter, nutella, and frozen fruit. amazing.
its really fun to use, my wife and i argue over who gets to use it.

cons
small chute, which means more time cutting up veggies and pushing them down.
there are some things it cant handle. apples, bananas, mangos. they turn to pulp and its hard for the auger to grab it and push it through the screen. however i dont think any juicer can do better.
a bit more expensive than a centrifugal juicer.

a few more things. look up the differences between all the 8000 models. there are subtle differences. i recomend spending the extra thirty buck for the models with the stronger auger. ie this one.
with apples, bananas, mangos, peaches and other stuff that turns to pulp. dont juice it. use the other fittings provided, and turn it into a smoothie, and juice the other stuff after, then mix them together. works great.
overalll this is a great machine and way less expensive than the next best juicer. (super angel $1500)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Mid-range Juicer, but be informed of its quirks:, Oct. 19 2013
I bought this product based on its high placing in juicing comparisons found around the web. I use it 2-5 times a day, most days of the week. Here are my thoughts:
1) Juices veggies like leafy greens, asparagus, potatoes, everything really, with ease and impressive amounts of expressed juice.
2) The pulp is quite dry, with the exception of oranges. For whatever reason the orange pulp is always moist after processing.
3) It is very easy to assemble, but Many reviews/comparisons said this was one of the easiest to disassemble and wash. It is rather easy, but this honestly would be my limit in terms of the total time it takes to disassemble and wash, especially since I use it more than once a day.
4) The chute is rather small. This is important and I wish the company would consider a wider mouth. This significantly slows down your juicing as you have to chop your veggies/fruit into smaller pieces.
5) Apple peels almost always clog the system, requiring me to take it apart clean out the peel and reassemble. Which really only takes like a minute, but is a hassle when you are just trying to get it done.
6) Over all, a very sturdy, and a nice looking machine. No juicer is perfect and this seems to be a good mid-range juicer.
7) I would recommend this juicer.

4.0 out of 5 stars " I find juicing easy and beneficial - although I can't say if its ..., Dec 3 2014
We bought this almost a year ago now. In January 2014 I started juicing in earnest. I've lost 25 lbs with little effort and my health has really improved. Full disclosure: we also eat light two days a week, every week. I find that juicing helps curb my cravings for snacks. I think this product falls into the category of: "the thing which you do bests the 'better' thing which you don't do." I find juicing easy and beneficial - although I can't say if its benefit comes more from its goodness or from having it prevent me from doing something else which is worse.

The machine itself is strong and never fails. If you want to juice greens then you *must* use a masticating juicer like this (rather than the outrageously loud centripetal juicers). I don't think there is any benefit in paying more to try to find a better built machine. The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is that its mouth is small and thus you must do a lot of chopping before your produce will fit in. The vertical machines offer a slightly larger mouth, but they are 50 to 100% more expensive.

In the summer we bought an inexpensive centripetal juicer. For _hard_ vegetables, the centripetal is much faster to use and produces decent juice. For soft produce (oranges, anything-green) the Omega does a better job.

Clean up with the Omega is easy and fast. Clean up with the centripetal (btw its a Hamilton Beach product) is involved and slow. While the centripetal operates faster than the Omega the long clean up mostly eliminates the time difference. While I've learned to immediately feed the centripetal components under the tap to wash off the excess then put them into the dishwasher, this cannot be done with the grater-bowl. This must be carefully scrubbed under running water. Ugh. Not only that, but feeding produce into the centripetal is like feeding a wild, screaming monster. Before purchasing our Omega I had read about others' reports that its quiet operation was so much more pleasant to use, but it didn't strike me as any big deal.

However, I'll report to you that the *difference* in usage between the Omega masticating juicer and the Centripetal is night and day - it's not that the Omega is so wonderful, it's that the centripetal is so horrible an experience.

If you are going to juice then you should include greens in your juice. If you buy only one juicer, then the Omega can do it all, even if a bit slower than other kinds of juicers, but it will do it well, the machine will last, and you will not have a horrible experience which you repeat every other day. Note, for me, *I* _enjoy_ making my juice with the Omega machine. I don't expect you to enjoy the process but you'll LOVE the results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product except for one issue, Feb. 11 2013
Bought this as a noobie juicer and love it!! Cleans quickly, looks good on the counter and effectively does exactly as it says! Can chew through anything I have put through it and the pulp is slightly damp. I have ran the pulp through again and it really wasn't worth the effort, thats how effective this model is.

Unfortunately there is scraping at the screen fitting and its going into my juice. It seems to have arrested it self after the first couple times of use and has not gotten any worse. Will be contacting the manufactor and will update as it progresses.

Other then the scraping, this thing is an excellent purchase , I feel better, eat better and can climb out of bed without the normal pains of a 41 y old man. I highly recommend and all the info you would ever need on this and other juicers, including tips and recipes is all over the net.

4.0 out of 5 stars The juicer is great it. It really extracted all the juice from ..., Nov. 27 2014
The juicer is great it. It really extracted all the juice from the vegetables and fruit. My only complaint would be that when juicing citrus fruit the membrane sticks to the auger and then doesn't juice other vegetables or fruit so you need to clean the auger and then continue juicing. Otherwise it is a great juicer and I would recommend this product.