on January 18, 2016
This is my second J8006 juicer. The first one I bought for my family and I got one for myself as well. If you're into juicing and want less pulp in your juice and easier cleanup this is a good juicer. However, and this is very big however, it takes a LOT of time to prep the produce, as they have to be cut into very small pieces to fit into the chute and be taken by the auger. Other wise you will find yourself pressing very very hard with the plunger so that the auger can take small pieces out of it. That being said, if you want to make a couple liters of juice here and there it's not too bad.

One problem I had is that it made A LOT of noise because of motor and auger vibration. Sometimes one of the gaskets would start to squeak and that got VERY annoying.

It does leafy greens like kale and spinach very very well, and is even better with carrots. Apples however tend to mush a lot and not juice very well (depends which variety I guess).

Cleanup is a breeze, and the included brush makes easy work of any stuck particles.

I will say that if you like to juice a lot at a time with less prep work, the Omega VRT350 looks a lot faster to work with.

For occasional juicers however, the best way to go is with a centrifugal juicer. I've used a Breville Multi Speed (BJE510XL) and given it's very wide chute and adjustable speed, it works wonders on all kinds of produce. It's only downside was the mesh filter was hard to clean and had to be clean every 1/2-1qt dependign on what was being juiced.

All in all, if you want to put in the time to cut things up in to thin pieces (yes, even the leafy greens) then this juicer is very good, and does an excellent job at juicing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 22, 2012
After reading many reviews and watching many online videos of the Omega J8006 juicer, I decided to get one. The unit arrived quicker than expected. I have been juicing beets, kale, carrots, celery, lemons and cucumbers. The juice that comes out of this unit tastes great and the remaining pulp is slightly damp meaning it is "squeezing" as much juice out as possible. There are hardly any fibres that come out through the juice spout. This is a masticating juicer that is extremely quiet. I couldn't believe the horrid jet engine type noise that came from some of the centrifugal type juicers that I had reviewed. Part of making fresh, healthy juice in the morning is not to wake up the entire household. I think you will use this juicer a lot more than centrifugal type juicers as it is so quiet. Just leave it on your counter assembled and ready to juice. The cleanup is so simple, a monkey could do it. As soon as you are done juicing, even before you drink your fresh juice, quickly rinse all items under running water. Maybe takes a minute or two. There is a giant toothbrush included to clean out a small screen, which should take 15 seconds at most. Total cleanup and reassembly time should be no more than 3 to 4 minutes. How cool is that? A 15 year warranty to boot! Come on, start juicing with this machine and become healthier!

Update: June 30, 2015

2 years and 10 months later, this juicer is going strong with no issues whatsoever! It is so nice to have an appliance that just keeps doing what its supposed to, month after month, year after year. Love it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 24, 2012
So far I've used it for a couple of weeks. It is an amazing monster that eats vegetables like a large bunny. The masticating noises made by the munching of carrots for instance shows its power. The amount of juice produced is incredible and not too frothy. I purchased this after much research. I decided to get this one as opposed to a sub $100 one or a blender version. Most experts point to this one, and now I noticed it has been reduced in price (any price protection Amazon?). The 15 year warranty convinced me to pay more now than 50-100$ every year for an inferior one. The price will also bother me enough to use it everyday. Compared to paying 2-3$ day for MLM vitamin drinks, this investment in natural inputs makes more sense. Buy this with confidence.

Update 10/24/13
I use this everyday. While the plastic of the moving parts is slightly discolored, it still works as new. I've replaced two different parts with no questions asked (no bills, proof of purchase) and received them within days. Both were very minor issues (clicking noise) that fixed the problem. Warranty is first class.
on May 29, 2016
IT IS SO QUIET and POWERFUL. It never slows down under any load. Expect it to work slowly and the pulp will be dry. It makes a mess of thawed frozen fruit or any soft fruit so use firm, fresh produce. This makes good use of excess celery.
It makes pure, clean, ginger juice, cranberry juice and garlic juice, Any produce with long fibers will require extra cleaning but is worth the effort.
on February 11, 2016
Amazing, so versatile. The quality is impeccable. I am very happy with this product. I have used it a lot in the last 2 years since I bought it. The juice it produces is amazing and very healthy. I have also tried nut butters. It takes a little practice to get the nut butters but in the long run it is great to know what is going into what I eat. This product is top of the line. I would have n problem recommending it to friends and family. In fact, my sister liked mine so much that she bought the exact same one. Easy to assemble and take apart. Easy to clean. Works like a dream. A must have for anyone who is into juicing! :) Very happy and would but again (but I won't need to because this thing is built to last!)
on January 12, 2014
I owned a Breville centrifugal juicer before and returned it to purchase this one instead. I have to say that I am blown away, this juicer is 100x better than the Breville and probably any other centrifugal juicers!! For one thing, the pulp is bone dry and there isn't much of it. When we used the Breville there was a ton of pulp and it was always wet. But mainly what I've noticed is that the juice is so much more flavorful, not only that but it looks better too! The juice from the Breville always separated and the apple celery juice just looked like apple celery water; it was leaving all the juice and flavor in the pulp!! After owning this Omega, I will never go back. Spend a bit more on a good juicer and you will not regret it. You're wasting a lot less fruits and vegetables, PLUS this juice is more nutritious because it's made using low RPM's.
on June 27, 2016
I used a centrifugal juicer before. I was looking for a masticating juicer for leafy greens. I read many reviews and the omega J8006 is one of the highly recommended. It is easy to clean. And I like the fact it has a 15 year warranty.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 12, 2013
I purchased this juicer 7-8 months ago, and have been using it steadily, but NOT daily, up until last week. From day one, it juiced my produce very well, much more satisfactory than a centrifugal juicer. I had great difficulty in deciding exactly what type of juicer to buy since the market is currently flooded with products, and the balance between price and health is difficult to maintain. To make it easier for all of you out there who want your money's worth AND do not want to compromise your health, I've written this review for you.

Masticating Juicers; Pros and Cons
-Mid price range, couple hundred more than the centrifugal, depending on brands. Not as popular in stores as centrifugals, so a bit more difficult to find, but still available.
- Nutritional quality of juice excellent.
- Easy to clean (less than five minutes), easy to store, fairly less noisy than the centrifugal, warranty with many brands. The jucier I bought from Omega has a 15 year warranty.
- This particular juicer is slower than the centrifugal, but for the nutrition comparison, is worth it to me. I do not use the plastic containers it came with for the juice as they are bulky, and make pouring difficult. However, a common liquids measuring cup works perfectly.
- The parts this machine uses to make the juice are plastic, only the screen is stainless steel. This bothered me a lot, as I avoid plastic as much as possible, especially when in contact with water or food. Previous reviewers have complained of metal and plastic shavings ending up in their juice, as of yet I have not experienced this, and since I knew of the complaints before I purchased my juicer, I watched it very carefully, and still do.
-Omega claims this juicer can do many things. I haven't tried them all out, but I did try the salsa method for chopping my peppers. I followed all instructions given, used all the correct parts, and though I did get an excellent pepper sauce, a lot of pepper juice came out, despite using the blank. Also, much of the juice overloaded the juicer and got behind the auger into the machine itself. I had unscrew the open/close and clean it because it was sticking shut. I haven't tried coffee beans, grains, nut butters, or anything else except juicing and chopping. I haven ot been using the juicer on a daily basis, though I have been using it on a weekly basis, and was careful not to overload it after the pepper incident. Despite my careful usage, when making green juice for a turbo smoothie last week, my juicer screen broke. I was going to put a picture up, but a previous review already did- it seems this may be a common problem. I have contacted Omega and they are sending me a replacement, but it made me somewhat regret compromising on my issues with plastics to settle for this juicer.
The only other option out there for me is a chop and press style juicer, such as the Norwalk. Unfortunately, they are entirely out of my price range, being 2,000.00. They are all stainless, get the highest extraction and nutritional quality of juice, but I simply don't have two grand to shell out for an appliance. There is no way they cost that much to make.
So, yes- this juicer meets my needs. (As long as the company is around to replace parts.) I may stock up on screens just in case (they are 9.99 each.) Until a better one comes along, this is the juicer for me. But I will be keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced Norwalk.

UPDATE: Down to three stars. I would have to agree with the other reviews- the juicing screen acted up and shaved plastic off the auger and who knows if I drank it or not, as of course, I only noticed when I washed it. The screen broke when juicing a couple lemons, and as this brand claims to juice citrus as well as other produce, it should have been able to handle them. I contacted the company, and they did supply me with a new screen and a new auger, free of charge. I received both within a week, well packaged. However, I am looking out now for a stainless juicer. This plastic junk and the poor design just doesn't cut it for me, and it should have been much higher quality for the price. I found out that the Norwalk, all stainless, is made in the USA, which would explain some of the high cost, but not all. I still can't afford one, so I have to stick with this Omega for now.
2 UPDATE: (as of February 2015) The second auger I was sent again was slightly shaved by the juicing screen. The second juicing screen also broke, in the same spot. Notified the company and they sent me TWO replacement juicing screens this time. However, the aggravation and anxiety of using a juicing machine that could break a part any moment or leak plastic into my juice may be too much for me. I would like you all to know that I am very careful with this juicer, sometimes I take off the auger and screen multiple times before I use it to be sure I have it in the correct position. I rinse the auger right away after juicing to check for shavings. However, I'm now researching other slow juicers to find a better option.
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2016
Best juicer ive ever owned by far, the price was fantastic and produces quality juice.
Some reviewers complain about the chute being too small and having to cut the product small...
Man/Woman-up! the more surface area equals more juice extraction (so suck it up that you cant chuck in a whole apple you lazy d-wad)
on February 24, 2016
Excellent product. I've been using it for few years now, (my bad, just leaving comment now) but anyway, just wanted to recommend this item. I've used it for several weeks constantly and it's just amazing, never had any issue. Juice is perfect, it works perfect with greens (spinach, wheat grass, lettuce, mint, ...
Highly recommend if you want to improve nutritional intake and your health. I feel amazing.
Thanks.