5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Western I've Ever Seen!
Published on July 15 2004 by eliana perez

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Just Any Old Fashion Western
Published on July 15 2004 by jazmin perez

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Western I've Ever Seen!, July 15 2004
eliana perez (Canoga Park, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
Western aren't really my kind of movies. I usually like horror and comedies. However the movie "Silverado" might just have changed my mind, it might change yours if you don't like Westerns either. This movie contains everything you'd expect in a western. The classic scenes, cowboys in the deserts having shootouts to them just having a drink at the canteens. There is one thing uniqe about his movie though, it contains comedy, not a lot of westerns do. Maybe that's another reason why I like it so much. I gotta say, though, this movie wouldn't have been the same without the wonderful soundtrack it had.
The soundtrack grabs your attention and delivers suspense chills at the right time. The soundtrack contributes the grasping feeling you get that keeps you in your seat waiting for more action, which never ends. You might think you're gonna know what's next, however that's not the case and the soundtrack contributes to that edge-gripping feeling you get as you're watching it.
So in conclusion, what I'm saying is that "Silverado" has everything. From cowboys doing a shootout to them being in a bar just drinking. It takes place in the desert, surrounded by cactuses, the sun, and spectators watching the showdowns. What I'm saying is just watch the darn movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to hate westerns, July 15 2004
kevin garcia (reseda cali us) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
I used to hate western movies. I thought that they were a wast of time. I first watched the movie "SILVERADO" in my english I thought that that i was going to hate it but i loved it. I was wrong it was an intence movie filled with action. The reason why I liked it so much was becuase it wasn't like many other western it was modern. The movie "SILVERADO" had a good foreshadowing like the part when the settlersshowed the money to the guards you knew that they were going to steal it from them in the trip. What i think makes a western not good is the actors they are always serios. Unlike "SILVERADO" the actors were serios and funny at the same time. I have three qouts from the movie that i really liked. One of then is "Don't force me to make a adjustment around here."What i think this means is that don't make me do some thing that i don't want to do. the second qout is "Quit your yelling you old coot." This means to stop talking or to stop yelling. The last one is "This used to be a peaceful town." I think that he is trying to say that everything was good when it was his way and before payton, mal and Raden were in town.Thats why i liked the movie'SILVERADO."

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Just Any Old Fashion Western, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
this old fashion western movie "Silverado" was extremly exciting with lot's of action. If you a kind of person like me who likes movies with action and adventure, this moving is the right one for you. This movie has everything anyone wants . "Silverado"has comedy, action , and adventure . this movie is wonderful, it makes you feel like you are the one in the movie. telling you ,you must watch it!!!
what makes movie good is making it seem real and Silverado has done it . Also that it has to be exciting and this movie has done it .
"Silverado" was great you should watch it.
also the sound track was off the hook it went along with every scene that had a sound track in it.
this western movie was different compared to other western movies because this one wasn't confusing or boring. I think the soundtrack was awsome.
I think that the little extra sences helped me understand the movie more.I recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, even to people who don't like westerns because I hated westerns too.

3.0 out of 5 stars THE WORLD OF WESTERN, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
I like western movies. When I first saw it I thought it was boring,but later when Scott Glenn(Emett) and Kevin Kline(Paden) go to rescue Kevin Caster(Jake). I kept on wondering the whole time that what will happen next because the was so interesting, especially the part when Kevin Kline(PADEN), Scott Glenn(Emett), Danny Glover(Mal), Kevin Cartner(Jake) reunite and defeat the cruel and selfish bad guys. I did not feel like getting of my seat even when the movie ended because I wished there was more of the movie. The soundtrack was also pretty interesting. It was kind of the music which heroes use when they come into rescue. The music was also the one which plays in the army when soldiers march in the parade or into battle. It is also the victory music. The whole 132 minutes were cool! The fights in the movie were kind of real-life likein the wild west.I do not care if the movie was fake or real, all I care is that the movie was interesting. All the stunts in the movie were cool espically when Kevin Cortner(Jake) nephew jumps from the building on the horse. It was the second best western movies. The first best was THE WILD WILD WEST. Also the stunts,talking,moves.speed, and qualties all make the movieslook different in their own way. There are preety cool stunts in western movies and also when the cowboys are riding,shooting,or jumping in a mad way it kind of looks wierd because if a cowboy gets shot, the other cowboy will not figures out, wheither he is having fun or is he deying. Some cowboys also talk in a way as well. I can not figure out how the cowboys keep on shooting even when the bullets run out.This is what I think about western movies and Silverado.

3.0 out of 5 stars My Opinion of the Movie, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
I never liked western movies, and I don't think i'll ever like it. well I only like it when there is a shoot-out. Like when there are some people in the bar fighting for some little thing, so they are just shooting at each other or killing themselves with knives. When they start fighting I start liking it a little bit, but then they just start talking and I just ignore it. I only like scary movies because they are interesting they don't get boring because it's scaring you every time. The only thing Ilike about the movie was the soundtrack ( even though it didn't scared me when it started). The soundtrack sounded like ... whoa. I think it would have been better if it was louder. I am not sure what I should recomend to the people, just that it was kind of good because of the shoot-out, the rest I don't know I thaught it was boaring because there was no action they were just talking about I don't know what. In the movie I look for it to be scary ( even though I get scare in the night) for it to have a great sountrack and the soundtrack to be loud sothat it could scare the kreep out of you. What amkes the movie suck is if it doesn't have no action, and if they just talk and don't do anything interesting. Like in the movies in black and white, those one really suck no ofense but they don't do anything interesting they just talk and talk. What I also look for in a movie are good actors because some actors are to nervous or forget there lines. I like alot of different type of movies like scary the ones of karate and craft movies. It sounds better with the soundtrack and very loud ( more when there is a scary part , I don't know what to recomend you just that if you like movies with action don't waste your time and money on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars How Confusing!!!, July 15 2004
Christine (Winnetka, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
"Silverado" was the first western movie I have seen and let me tell you, I was puzzled. If all western movies are that boring and confusing, then I am not wateing my time watching another western movie again. First of all, the soundtrack was so loud, I couldn't hear what the people were saying. Since this is the first time I ever watched a western movie, I guess the selections of the music was ok. Second, there was too many characters and problems involed that my brain couldn' t keep up to the movie. Since I couldn't hear what the characters were saying, I couldn't find any quotes that the characters said. The only thing I remeber was that this one guy said, " All I did was kiss a girl." That's all I remember and understood form the movie!!!
But I do have to give the movie "Silverado" some credit. For the people who enjoy watching western movies that includes gun fighting and action, "Silverado" has many of those things. There were many gun shooting scenes that took me by suprise. Personally, I dont like guns. I think they cause death and is very dangerous, ESPECIALLY when smeone insane or evil is holding one.
I don't find western movies that exciting because it is the guns itself that turns me off. To me, I think what blows a movie is if people talk with a high vocabulary, there is too much talking with not much action , or too much action with not much talking. It should be balanced and Silverado had a little too much action and and unclear voice.
I saw some costumes/ equiptment that made "Silverado" have a good/ bad western scene. First of all, the outfits were a little out of date, but I guess that was ok, considering it is a western movie. Second the background was great, except it made me thirsty when I saw the sand/ desert. The guns, saloons, and the houses was a great addition for the equiptments. Overall, it was good.
To me personally, I like a thriller or a comedy movie. I wasn't really raised in an enviroment with people who enjoy watching western movies, so this is a change for me. In any movie, it should have a balance of some funny comments, some romance or any obsession of some sort. ( example : in " Lord of the Rings" , the ring is the obsession). The last thing is that a good movie should have is some thrill to it. what I am trying to say is that "Silverado" didn't catch my attention.
So in these ways, "Silverado was boring to a girl who enjoys a thriller/comedy than a western movie. But for all you western lovers out there who is reading this, PLEASE keep watching western movies. Listen to your gut feeling, not me.

2.0 out of 5 stars movie newz dat u should use, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
This movie was an ok movie. It was good at some parts but at others it was realy boring. The begging was realy godd and it was drawing me into da movie but like 30 minutes into it it was really having to much talking but at the last 10 minutes was realy good again. I have 2 admit this movie is realy diffrent from the modern movies i watch evry friday. It is diffrent in a bad way it was to long, it has to much talking , and has a story line dat changes evry 15 minutes. It was a good story if u get da main picture of da whole movie , wich most teenagers like me dont , the things the same about this movie like the movies i watch , would have to be the gun fights, hot chicks and all the vilence. This movie is a typical western do to its shootouts, gunfights, saloons, horses, and cowboys. The peaple who made this movie made a mistake by making it to predictable because from evry scene you watch you know whats gona happen in the next scene. The little scenes kill the movies in some ways but help it in many others. Like it makes the movie to long but it links all the main stories together. if there is one quote i would remember it would be " give me a shot of the good stuff ". if u watch da movie youll get it eaven though i dont recomend you to. If you realy want to watch it buy it if u dont realy want to trust me dont buy it. i give this movie 2 stars thanks for reading my review. = )

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Western Movie, July 15 2004
amanda condo (conoga park ,cali) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
Silverado was a great movie in alot of ways.At first I thought I this is going to be a big snore.But it turned out to have been a really good western movie.I pictured this movie as being full of bar fights and gun fights but tome the was not that much.This movie to me was about four good guys doing what they can to help whats right.
What makes a good movie to me is one I cant analyze.I analyze every movie I see I'm just an analyzer.I see what can happen to those impossible stunts.Like when a guy is on a horse racing to catch up with a train on a slanted hill the horse could fall over a rock or there could be a hole or pole.But this movie I didn't analyze once.There was one things that happned I didn't like.That was when the bad guy shot the father and took the boy.
Besides that this was the greatest movie I ever saw.Well greatest western movie I ever saw.The soundtrack was good and it fit the movie great.All the western movies I've seen the soundtrack stunk but not this one.
The funnyest thing I have heard in Silverado was "All I did was kiss a girl".So why is this guy always gitting into trouble.But dont go by what I say you should see this movie for yourself and see what you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Western Movie, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
This movie was a great western movie out of all the movies I seen of western this one had alot of action and I really enjoyed it."The Silverado"has all the good stuffs that make a great movie to me.The only thing I hate is that they are raises against black.This movie showed that black people could be as good or better than the white people.Mal was a black guy but even though he was black Paden,Emmett and Jake were Mal's friends even though Mal was black.Paden,Emmett,Jake and Mal really proved to the community that always try to have peace on your country to have a nice and long life.Specially Mal prove that black people are as good or even better than white people.JUST BECAUSE I SAY THIS THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M RAISES!!!!!!!!!!!
"The Silverado"showed alot of good action.I LOVE ACTION MOVIES!!"The Silverado"was different from any western movie because most of the western movies are black and white and I hate that.What think about "The Silverado"sountrack is really good and it go's with every scene.the suspense,foreshadowing and everything else.I personally don't like foreshadowing because I like to be surprise.my favorite quote was when Jake said'I been playing dead."I really recommend 'The Silverado' to all the people who like action movies because"The Silverado" is full of action.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool western movie, July 15 2004
This review is from: Silverado (Widescreen) (DVD)
"Silverado" is a really good movie it has a lot of action.
I really liked this movie even though I don't like western movies because western movies always has the typical good guys fighting the bad guys for justice, but "Silverado" has something unique that makes it different from the others western movies maybe its because "Silverado" has drama, adventures, action, comedy and romance.
The soundtrack makes it feel like the real old west. The music fits with the film perfect.
I really liked the story of the movie. A lone cowboy trapped in a desert cabin, pinned down by the bad guys, he must shoot his way out with the help of three more guys. These now become friends and heroes as they go after thieves, protect a wagon train of homesteaders, save their families and friends from the land gruubbing Mckendricks, and fight corrupt lawmen.
The scene that I liked the most is when Linda Hunt says "He can't hurt you , if he is dead". (she said that to a frightened employee).
Anyways you should see this movie if you haven't seen it, but if you have seen it well buy the dvd IT'S WORTH IT.

Silverado
Silverado by Lawrence Kasdan (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 14.99