5.0 out of 5 stars Best true crime documentary I have ever seen
This is an exceptional documentary.

Heart wrenching story, amazingly well told with an important message (that has been heard and achieved a response through Canadian law).

Sadly it was not in time.
Published on Jan. 27 2012 by Lan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much
Published on April 15 2012 by Groundhog

5.0 out of 5 stars Best true crime documentary I have ever seen, Jan. 27 2012
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
This is an exceptional documentary.

Sadly it was not in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely heart-wrenching, edge-of-your-seat film., March 2 2009
Meghan Smith (Edmonton, AB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
I first saw this documentary at the Edmonton Film Festival in September. I was blown away by this film and, judging by the loud sobbing, so were most individuals in the theatre.

This is an absolute must-see for anyone but especially those who: are interested in the criminal justice system, are interested in true crime, have tragically lost a loved-one, and/or have a heart.

I will be buying several copies of this film to give to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see for everyone who has a heart...., March 10 2009
M. Walsh - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
I just finished watching this dvd and I am literally sitting here with tears in my eyes while typing this review....how can the people in the justice system live with what they have done to this family? I would recommend this video to everyone. The laws and rules have to change and I hope the Bagby's find peace after their horrible loss. Hopefully Dr. Shirley Turner is burning in hell...

4.0 out of 5 stars An astounding story well told, March 31 2009
T. Mccarroll "Film fan Tim" (Courtenay, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
This film is an amazing tribute to a dear friend, a damning expose of governmental incompotence and a very well put together documentary. Keep the Kleenex close. Also keep an eye out for other films by Kurt Kuenne a very talented writer, director and producer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much, April 15 2012
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
Although I agree with the above reviewers that the documentary was a tremendous feat of editing and storytelling, I cannot recommend this movie. I cannot recommend it to friends, or family, and I cannot recommend it to strangers on the internet. I just finished watching it and I feel literally destroyed. I could only recommend this movie to someone who I would wish such a destruction on. The storytelling is so emotionally manipulating, you have no hopes of getting to the end of this movie without having suffered a major internal crisis. You feel despair, solitude, tremendous sadness. And there is no consolation. Even what I learned about the Canadian justice system I feel like it was subject to this emotional manipulation and wasn't truly honest. It was so incredibly biased. I don't believe in supernatural evil, and that is what this documentary can emotionally manipulate you into believing, because the story is presented in such a way that it is the only option.

I feel manipulated, I suppose. Manipulated into feeling terrible. It is not a pleasant feeling.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made doc, April 5 2013
Cairo (Sask, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Zachary (DVD)
I can't understand why the reviews of this are so high. Sorry, but this is one of the worst made documentaries I've seen. It's really amateur. Director Kurt Kuenne is deluded if he thinks he's a filmmaker. The shots, editing, writing, crappy interviews and lack of in depth investigation is so blatant. The story itself, however, is harrowing, unforgettable and worth reading about.

Dear Zachary
Dear Zachary (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 34.95 CDN$ 26.99