biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange
Price:$34.75+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 21, 2009
The point being the indeed-all-too-typical-Whedon-ending. Which means--another woman dies. Yes, folks, doubtless Joss is working out his pain at his mother's death, and yes, of course it was simply dreadful to have her die when he was so young and impressionable, but this is beginning to beginning to veer to the obsesssive-compulsive-serial-killer-in-the-making side of things.

In any case, if you buy this somewhat amusing but, let's face it, fairly neglible bit of fluff, and you see a woman character, don't get too attached!

However, I suggest you just watch it on your computer unless you are a major completist. It's too trivial to bother with often enough to want to own it. Once for the novelty is about it, as far as I can see. And I say this as one who has watched all of Buffy and Angel and Firefly and Serentity over and over. It's cute, clever and very, very minor!
0Comment1 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2009
My wife and I caught this on-line and must admit it was a hoot for the first few episodes, especially watching Nathan Fillion sing. However an all too typical Whedon ending just left us with a bad taste in our mouths and so I cannot recommend it. Too bad too as it was a very novel concept.
0Comment4 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse