4.0 out of 5 stars Love the ab workout
Published on June 15 2012 by D. Marshall

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money
Where to begin? I bought this as a supplement for my regular workouts, I really didn't have weight to lose, but I can't see how a person could lose weight on this system if you only do ten minutes a day like the ads claim.

Published on Jan. 31 2011 by Sandra S.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, Jan. 31 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)

You need to watch each section to get used to the moves as they go too quickly to follow along with right off the bat. The cardio is mostly high impact, which is not good for me, so I had to modify the moves a bit. I can't use the resistance belt as I don't have the proper door hinges. The warmups are pretty lame, do your own to get properly warmed up. I do like the abs and lower body section, very challenging, in a good way. My complaint with the total body section is the resistance bands provided will not stretch over my head, like they're supposed to. There's a guide that tells you what each colour band that's available is equivalent to in weights, but the colour brown isn't listed, and that's what I have. It must be pretty high since I'm used to working with heavy weights. I gave up on the bands and use light free weights instead. Don't like the yoga section, there's not enough emphasis on technique, which is crucial for yoga. I'll stick with my own yoga routine that I do.

My biggest complaint is how quickly boredom is going to set in as there's only one workout per body part. There should be variations to keep things interesing.

If you follow the recommended eating plan, realize it's for short term, only. The calorie count is way too low for a long term diet.

For the cost, I would say pass on this product. There's so many good exercise dvd's out there that are cheaper. It's a misleading product in that you don't actually do only 10 minutes a day if you want major results. You need to do at least three of the workouts if you're really looking for change. So, you're doing a thirty minute workout, anyway, may as well buy something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the ab workout, June 15 2012
D. Marshall (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
I have been using the ten minute trainer for over two years. My favorite by far is the ab workout, it is not all traditionals crunches - there is a variety of crunch, cycling motion, side motion, plank position abs, etc. You really feel more than your abs getting a workout. Honestly I am not a big fan of the rubber bands, so I lean more towards the workouts that don't need them. I particularly like that within the 10 minutes (or 12 minutes, once you factor in the time between switching from one excercise to another), you get a workout that normally targets more than one area. Tony Horton gives clear instruction and is personable. I do find this set to be expensive, but I have to give it high points for the ab workouts - I give it credit for reshaping my abs and strengthening my problem back. What I love the most is that I have committed to doing a workout each day and I can never find an excuse to say no to '10 minutes' - it is over before you know it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 15 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
Good ecolanation, good video, makes you sweet , insane!!! Hard to do for starters.......do what you can!!!
Good buy for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice in the beginning, boring after some weeks., Sept. 1 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
Since it is a "10-minute training", it should have at least a few options, such as: 3 different training for total body, 3 for lower and 3 for abs. One of each is just too little.

2.0 out of 5 stars So so, July 23 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
itis preferable to buy it with the rubberkit because without it is not a good value sorry about that soso

3.0 out of 5 stars some change but not much, May 9 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
I have never bought an exercise tape before in my life but after watching an infomercial on t.v. I decided that I could manage 10 minutes per day.
To begin - you need to do at least two work outs per day (20 min) ok..I can do that! I dutifully took a "before" shot and recorded my measurements on the chart provided. I religiously followed the work out schedule and each week found I could do more and more of the exercises without stopping or modifying. I felt better about myself. After four weeks I took the tape measure back out and found...absolutely no change!! I weighed myself and found I had lost 5lbs. I saw perhaps a slight difference in my before and after shots. I was disappointed!! I expected the same results I saw on T.V.!!
Overall the product is ok. there are really only 4 workouts you repeat over and over so it gets quite boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 24 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
Great value. Super home workout that isn't as challenging as the popular 390X but still designed to make a difference. Product arrived as described. Packaged nicely and delivered on time

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 minute Trainer, May 5 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
I am very satisfied with the purchase; everything I saw in the infomercial was included in the box, and it is a good workout - 10 minutes if you have a bit of time, or you can combine two or three for a longer workout lasting only 30 minutes. It is perfect for days when I work, and don't have the time for a long workout when I get home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, Nov. 25 2009
This review is from: 10 Minute Trainer (DVD)
Good servive and the exercise that's in the DVD are quit challenging but they work.

10 Minute Trainer
10 Minute Trainer (DVD - 2009)
Out of stock