5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Little House fans
I recently purchased this box set from Amazon. Their service was awesome and the price was the lowest around. My wife loves Little House and we have been watching it since its arrival. Recommended for any fans.
Published on March 9 2009 by D. Labatte

1.0 out of 5 stars What a HUGE disappointment!
I bought this box set for my wife (not from Amazon mind you) and she had to return it the very next day due to discs not being able to be read by several of our dvd players. She sold her original sets as she was really excited to hear that one of her favorite TV shows was coming out as a complete set with extras the originals didn't have.

She was so...
Published on Feb. 3 2011 by Gino34

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Little House fans, March 9 2009
D. Labatte (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House On The Prairie - Complete Collection (60DVD) (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Little House on the Prairie - all seasons, Jan. 5 2010
R. Henry "Rhonda" (Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
Absolutely everything I wanted it to be. My grandchildren and I are having a blast travelling through the seasons with the Ingalls family!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-have Collection, April 8 2010
Madge (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This set of 60 DVDs is definitely worth the price. The series is so well done for its time and the stories, based on the novels by Laura Ingalls Wilder, are enthralling. The setting and character struggles are so refreshingly different from today's meager television offerings, and provide children and adults alike a chance to reflect on a simpler time in the "western world's" history. There is much value in understanding our roots and a time before every modern convenience and electronic device served our needs. Beyond this, the stories are character-building, they emphasize valuable societal morals, while being truly entertaining at the same time. No shortage of drama or comedy in this excellent TV series. Quite a treasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this collection!, Sept. 17 2010
Having grown up watching Little House on the Prairie, I was delighted with this collection. My mother-in-law purchased this for my birthday and not only have I been enjoying watching all the episodes over again, but my children are enjoying it too. Quality is great for both audio and video. Well worth it. If you loved the show, this collection is for you!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a HUGE disappointment!, Feb. 3 2011

She was so disappointed and angry that ImaVision would release a set plagued with problems. I tried to get the discs to play in my blu-ray machine, my Xbox 360 and 2 other standard dvd players.....none of my players worked. All I kept getting was "unable to read disc" or the show would constantly freeze up. We took the disc out and checked for scratches or dirt, but the disc seemed clean to me (we just took out of the box set for the first time!). She was just pulling her hair out trying to get the show to play but finally gave up after a few days and we returned the set back to the store.

I would also like to know why the other reviews mention great picture quality! Whoever said this either needs new glasses or their eye sight is failing. ImaVision did NOTHING to improve the video quality of this set from the previous individual seasons. I will definitely think twice before buying another ImaVision product!

If you own the original box sets don't sell them! At the very least they work!

I would have given this set a Zero but it didn't allow me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, Dec 22 2010
To be blessed to watch something that is wholesome with out any "Cover Your Eyes!!" moments with the family is wonderful. The books as well as the series is a classic and is enjoyed heartily along with the Waltons in this family. Having the whole series on DVD makes it more convenient to watch what you want and when. Good quality sound and video too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny ! LOVE IT !!, March 4 2011
I am so happy I purchased this set. The picture quality is 100% crisp and clear. My kids and I watch an episode every single day and this set is so well put together and each dvd is organized in a clear removable wrap . Do not hesitate to buy this if you are a Little House fan....you WILL NOT be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars hello buyers, March 5 2011
beth Roberts (quebec, canada) - See all my reviews
hello buyers just so you no i got this item for my 21st birthday best gift ever by the way i used to sit there in pig tails watching this show anyway just so you no when you buy this box set you get all 3 bonus movies like the box set that is 55.00$ to 60.00$ so save the money and dont buy it because i did and found out i wasted my money lol so dont ha ha ha

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is so-so, April 1 2011
Some of the cd's do tend to have some distortion. It is also very difficult to identify your scene selection in the menu section as it does not light up very well. I had purchase season 1 from another store and the quality was a bit better. Nothing major but just a bit annoying. Still very happy that I was able to get the complete series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christina, Nov. 23 2011
This set is great! It's organized very well with descriptions of each episode. The videos themself are very clean and the sound is good as well. The disks are organized all in one large binder which makes it a little bulky and difficult to turn the pages holding the discs, but overall I love the set.