5.0 out of 5 stars Best Film I've Seen All Year!!!
REPO! The Genetic Opera...
Published on Jan. 19 2009 by Draco's Nightmare

3.0 out of 5 stars Saw The Musical?
Darren Lynn Bousman, of "Saw" fame (Director of films 2-4) brings us "Repo! The Genetic Opera", a terrifying look into a potential future where organs can be repossessed and everyone sings.

First lets talk about the film; The soundtrack has many stand out songs and a few of the actors manage to knock it out of the park, mainly Anthony Stewart Head and Alexa...
Published on Feb. 27 2009 by Timothy Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Film I've Seen All Year!!!, Jan. 19 2009
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
REPO! The Genetic Opera...
A Film that did not get the release it should... I had the pleasure of seeing this masterpiece at the only screenings at the Toronto After Dark with a Q&A session after wards with one of the composer/writers/stars of the film Terrence Zdunich. I had been waiting 2 years for Repo! to get a general release after reading great things about it on Dread Central, my source for Horror Reviews and news, after it played Fangoria. But to my great disappointment Repo! Never got a wide general release Lionsgate Films instead oped to show it on less then 20 screens world wide opting instead to hoist yet another tired Saw Sequel on us (Jigsaw's Dead Already LET HIM REST WITH THE LITTLE DIGNITY THE SERIES HAS LEFT!!!). So when I heard the Repo! Would show @ Toronto After Dark I ordered tickets the day they went on sale... Good thing too as it sold out FAST. The first film to ever do so at Toronto After Dark and this has been the Phenomenon at every screening Repo! has had.

PS: Repo! was directed by non other then Darren Lynn Bousman from the first 3 Saw films.

Great Cast: Anthony Stewart Head (Giles from Buffy), Alexa Vega, Paul Sorvino, Diva Sarah Brightman and even Paris (Hotel) Hilton shine in this off-Broadway Opera brought to screen about a man who hides his other life as an Organ Repo-Man form is daughter. An opera in the the true sense of the word Every line of dialouge is sung with a few minor exeptions from beginning to end.

REPO! is not for everyone it is a Horror film at it's base with a heavy rock opera score to it. It's Bloody. It is an opera- The Music is great I am not a real fan of industrial progressive rock which is the influence for much of the films score but I was blown away. By far the best performances were Anthony Head (REPOMAN/Nathan Wallace), and young Alexa Vega (Shilo Wallace), even Hilton herself did an amazing job, of course you can't get nothing but gold from an operatic performance by Sarah Brightman. But the fan Favorite by far was Zdunich as GraveRobber!

REPO! The Genetic Opera is my choice for Best Film of The Year That I saw and Hope now that it it released on DVD/Blu-Ray it get's the recognition it deserves at this years Scream Awards!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Oct. 30 2012
This movie is literally one of my favorites of all times! It is delightfully dark and incredibly beautiful. I've lost count of how many times I've watched it- and I am no where close to bored!

5.0 out of 5 stars REEEEPPPPOOOOO-MAAANNNN!!!!, March 12 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good!, Jan. 29 2009
Haley Mattson (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
When I bought this movie I'll be honest I didn't have high expectations but once I got into it I was really happy that I ended up buying it. At first it seems somewhat strange but the story continues to get more involved as it goes and the music is amazing. Since buying it I have watched it three times and downloaded the soundtrack from itunes. If your in the mood for something different then definately see Repo. Its a cult classic in the making!

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW ! a must see for any METAL-HORROR fans, Jan. 29 2009
Michel Labbe "Maghella" (Quebec City, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
You must view this movie. It is creepy,dark and bloody and more .. you get a perfect score with it. The first few minutes you will have to adjust your ear to the lyrics but what a beautiful masterpiece you will appreciate ... Everything is perfect, the actors, the plot, the gore and the music. It has been a loong time I see a movie you get me in that mood after viewed it and want to view it again ... Go and grab a copy somewhere. this one gonna be a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, Feb. 24 2009
Takieya (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It was everything I hoped it would be, and more. Fantastic film loaded with great music, and a wonderful cast who look like they're having a great time. The only complaint I had was about the theatre's sound system not capturing the music quite as well as I'm sure it did in some other theatres. The Blu-ray edition offers some out of this world sound quality that simply shouldn't be missed, along with some addition special features. Well worth the extra couple of bucks if you've got the ability to watch Blu-ray discs.

5.0 out of 5 stars TESTIFY!!!!!!!!, Sept. 19 2011
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
Thanks for hooking me up with the repo man....the movie came at my weakest hour when no one was around who might rescue me! The movie rocks...ta!

5.0 out of 5 stars Repo!, Aug. 23 2010
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
Love, love, LOVE this film! Catchy songs, good acting, original story line... even Paris Hilton delivers a great performance. AWESOME singing from all cast members, especially Terrance Zdunich (who co-wrote all of the music and illustrated the animation sequences in the movie as well), Anthony Stewart Head, Alexa Vega and of course, the legendary Sarah Brightman. Warning: Things get a little gory, but like in Sweeney Todd, the gore is so extensive it's satirical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, Dec 31 2009
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
I absolutely love this movie and think that everyone should see it. It is one of the most orginal ideas I have ever seen, and the music is awesome. I've watched it many time and it doesn't get old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cult Classic, Sept. 23 2009
This review is from: Repo! the Genetic Opera (DVD)
I believe this to be the Rocky Horror of the new generation. I was lucky enough to catch it in theatres during it's very limited release and let me just say that this is a film you MUST see on the big screen. I found it lost a lot of it's thrill on DVD. Mostly due to the low quality of the DVD release. First off the film is not formatted to fit all television screens (anyone else have this problem?), and the quality of bonus features is lacking, especially since the (amazing) deleted scenes ("Come Up and Try My New Parts" should have been left in the film!!) are only available on the blu-ray. Whats up with that?!
I hope this film garners a cult following and does a Rocky Horror-esque theatre run again. Even more so, I hope for a better quality DVD release in the near future. 5 stars for the film, but a caution to those who expect the experience you had in the cinema to be relived by the home version, you'll be disappointed.

Repo! the Genetic Opera [Blu-ray]