march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 5, 2009
Melody Gardot has soul - and she knows how to convey the depth of her soul in her music. Her voice is haunting, the words express raw emotion, the musical arrangements are simple yet grabing and give her voice all the precedence it is due. A newcomer who will make her mark on the jazz scene.My One And Only Thrill
on February 26, 2010
This limited edition features a bonus CD with Melody live in Paris. The main CD is great; however, the live CD is absolutely incredible. Her voice is sultry, warm and lucious on both CD's. The fact she writes most of her own material, plays piano and guitar plus sings is so impressive.
on October 5, 2009
One of the best albums of the year from one of the finest female voices in closet blues/ jazz genre.
on February 27, 2010
Melody Gardot's beautiful, knowing voice - reminding me slightly of the great Peggy Lee - makes this album a must for jazz fans. I recommend it highly.
on July 12, 2010
J'avais la version CD, mais la version 33tours à un quelques choses de plus, une voie superbe, de beau arrangement et des morceaux choisi/ i had this in cd, but lp's version is better and more fun with this something more, the voice is superb and arrangement suite well the album, the choice of song is great, a very good lp!
on April 24, 2011
This girl is a treasure. Put it on the other night, and I have one word.
Intimate. Her voice is smooth as silk, and the arrangements are wonderful.
Nice variety, without spoiling the overall mood of the Cd. Saw her on 60 minutes and thought I should buy her Cd and I wasn't disappointed.
Great work!
on November 17, 2010
Oh my what a great CD! LOVE this beautifully recorded female Jazz artist disk! I really have a love for female jazz singers and this is certainly one of the best albums I have heard. I highly recommend this disk!
on February 9, 2016
The short version: if I don't have to receive the same vinyl THREE TIMES and return two of them, to confirm it DOES NOT come with a Live Concert CD, I would rate it a 5 star for sure.

Honestly, I love the album, especially in vinyl. I was not a fan of Melody Gardot's voice until a year ago but this album is a masterpiece to me. Melody's absolute control of her voice makes emotion flow through you naturally. Hands down.
Nice package and enclosure design. See my photo there.
Very solid vinyl, heavily built.

As for other buyers, PLEASE REMEMBER THIS VINYL EDITION HAS NO CD, ONLY THE VINYL!
Don't mean to be harsh but obviously Amazon customer service rep thought it's a good idea to 'ensure' that a CD should be included in the replacement, and the replacement for the replacement, too. I waited two weeks before I started to actually listening to the record because I sent the first two back right after I opened them.

Overall I'm happy with what I have, but the journey is a bit rough.
Keep your eyes wide open when you shop, guys. Amazon mess up the product information from time to time.
review image review image review image
on August 3, 2011
Bon, on peut être d'accord ou non avec le choix des pièces; mais l'ensemble est homogène et impeccablement produit.

Certes, l'audace n'est pas au rendez-vous, et après ! Melody Gardot démontre quand même une assurance indéniable. Même le boîtier est très beau. Bon achat !
on May 15, 2011
I hadn't heard any of Melody Gardot's music before, only heard of her through friends. Very pleased, beautiful voice. Will be buying mor eof her work in the future.