4.0 out of 5 stars instant bark control
Published on June 27 2011 by Katy

1.0 out of 5 stars Barking up a tree
Tried all the settings and the dog next door still barks non stop. Even tried facing the quizmo in different directions and at different settings, but to no avail. All I have positive to say about it is that it is cute, but does nothing to remedy the incessant barking from next door, which leaves me barking up the wrong tree.
Published on Oct. 7 2011 by Debbie Bonemont

4.0 out of 5 stars instant bark control, June 27 2011
This review is from: PetSafe PBC19-11794 Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control (Misc.)
I purchased this product due to the price. I saw it in pet stores for 70 dollars, so when I found it here I thought it was worth a try. I have two dogs, one barks worse than the other. The biggest drawback is, it works on the barking dog, and freaks out my other dog that doesn't bark near as bad. Our neighbor tried it on their big dog, and it cowers when they bring the bark deterrent out. you should only turn it on when your dog is barking. I think the ideal use would be if you don't own a pet, but your neighbors dog barks constantly. It sure works for us, but I'm not sure if it is too sensitive on a dogs ears. I have not tested it thoroughly but all I can say, as soon as the dog barks it will only do it once while this unit is active. As an add on, I don't use this product near as much anymore. I'm sure when we're away the dogs bark alot, but as soon as I turn this on (if someone comes to the door) they are quiet instantly. Although our neighbour got a small dog this summer and it does not affect it at all. So for my dogs it is still Instantaneous results when I turn it on, but does not work on all dogs. Overall I'm very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Barking up a tree, Oct. 7 2011
Debbie Bonemont (Keswick, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for small dog, Sept. 28 2013
It doesn't work for my miniature poodle, it doesn't seem to capt the intonation of her bark. But it does work for the labrador. So I would only recommand this product for a big size dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product. Changed my life, Oct. 16 2014
This product has changed my life. I have a two year old Pomeranian and his barking was getting out of hand. He would bark as soon as he heard any type of noise and don't even get me started on when there was a knock at the door. We have tried the spray collar, and although it worked really well, my dog would get really agressive when we would try putting it around his neck so we looked for a product that wouldn't put our fingers in harms way. So this product is wonderful.
The product totally freaked out my dog at first. My dog was shaking from fear for almost two days and the controller was only at mode 1. We weren't sure if we should stop since it scared my dog so much, but we kept using it. He is not as scared after 1 month of use. He knows when it's on and won't bark. I don't know if it works on all dogs, but it definitely worked on mine. I give this product 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars It had little or no effect on the 4 dogs on the other side of the fence., Dec 12 2013
It was pretty much $ down the drain as it was ineffective at any volume and any position. The dogs continued to bark
throughout the test occasions.

1.0 out of 5 stars it doesn't work, Sept. 27 2014
As far as I can tell, it doesn't work. The neighbour's dogs still bark at me whenever they sees me... my dog still barks. I am sure I have it set up right, but after over a week they are all still barking

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, June 23 2014
Took the dogs a couple of days, but now we only have an odd bark here or there, compared to a constant barking to the neighbors announcing they are outside :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, June 12 2014
So far since installed, the dogs still bark, roosters still crow. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Battery life not so good

2.0 out of 5 stars Déçu, April 20 2013
C'était efficace les 2 premiers jours ensuite mon chien s'y est habitué et continue de japper en s'éloignant. Je suis déçu.

3.0 out of 5 stars The neighbour's dogs still start barking at any movement around ..., Aug. 25 2014
The neighbour's dogs still start barking at any movement around the yard but the barking is not as severe or long as it used to be so I would say the Ultrasonic Bark deterrent is well worth it.

PetSafe PBC19-11794 Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control