5.0 out of 5 stars I've got rhythm!, May 13 2012
This review is from: Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I've never had so much fun! My kids have always played video games, but I was never interested, nor had the time. Now I'm retired, the kids are all gone, and I have a game boy and enjoy games like Brain Age, Sudoku, and Crosswords. Well I bought Rhythm because I have none, and wanted to see if I could learn to have rhythm even at my age. Well! I love it! It has over 50 games, and you tap, slide, and rock on to the music! I'm having so much fun! I play it every day! I just bought another copy for my grandson's birthday coming up. I would highly recommend this game for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game to waste time!!!, Oct. 11 2013
This review is from: Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This game is great to play when you wanna waste time or just relax
it's easy to get lost in it and play for a couple hours ahahaa

4.0 out of 5 stars fun in it's purest sense, Jan. 6 2013
Rhythm heaven

Completed it in 9 hours (not in one sitting, of course). At least an hour of that is dedicated to the last remix, and another hour to lockstep 1 and 2. I have no rhythm but it's still pure, unadulterated fun. I recommend it to everyone if you can find it really cheap like I did ($5!)

8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny and more, May 2 2012
L. Ingram "DamonDamali" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Simple graphics and a basic goal. You'd think that could sum up this game- but it doesn't.

Rhythm heaven starts out easy enough for anyone to get into- but quickly gets harder. However, keeping with it is its own reward, as it gives you more games- and 'medals' which can open up neverending games (that literally keep going on forever- but get more tricky as you continue- either through speed or complexity- or sometimes both).

The controls are simple. They range from a light-tap- to a regular tap- or a flick (where you literally flick your wrist and use your stylus against the screen). But- each game focuses on a different goal- and they quickly become challenging.

However! if you find a game is getting frustrating- do not fret! The Barista is willing to help you pass a game if you can't get the hang of it.

I was amazed with both the number of games available- and the ongoing challenges within it. I finally made it to the credits scene to be told by the game (Wait- there's more games to play!)

In fact, it just gets harder from there. I find the game rewarding as it builds up a sense of time and timing itself. It's also helped me 'stick with' things- as I tend to get frustrated and give up. Not so! You feel awesome when you finally beat a game that's had you twisted up for a while.

This game is worth about four times what it sells for retail- for the amount of playability and reward within the game. I'd even recommend it as being semi-educational, as it teaches players a sense of rhythm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome...wait for it...Fun!, May 10 2009
What a great game!

This is the sort of game, like Elite Beat Agents, that you can use to get a non-gamer (mom, spouse, friend)to understand why "you waste so much time with that"!

The commercial is bang on about enjoying it with your kids.

Hard-core gamers will... who am I kidding? This is a toy more than a game, but then again so is Lego!

A great commute or airplane ride game, but make sure you have headphones, as you must be able to hear the sounds and music clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Addictive, Sept. 8 2010
L. Brocklebank (Victoria, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Seriously addictive game! The games start off pretty easy and work their way up in difficulty. The random side games are very fun too... Highly recommend, though with one caveat... since you have to have the volume up, I would highly suggest headphones when playing in public... unless you don't mind random strangers bursting out laughing :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly, June 8 2009
Jorge Figueiredo (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This game will keep you endlessly busy. There are several levels to achieve with each game, plus mini-games and random perfect medal attempts.

Good luck!

Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS
Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 10.30