march Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports boutiques-francophones Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on June 5, 2009
Not a teenage myself, quite sceptical about vampire movie, but borrowed the DVD from friend and watched it. After seeing it, I decided to buy my own DVD because I would love to watch it again and also ordered the books. Looking forward to seeing New Moon.
on June 3, 2009
Watched it the first time at the movies.Then my daughter got all the books for christmas.So I read Twilight.Had to buy the movie when it came out on dvd.It is so like the book.Its great to watch it again to see the things you missed the first time.So looking forward to see New Moon.
on April 25, 2009
Ok, so I think the books are a million times better than the movie and so I'm a little nervous to see how they portray the next two. Robert Pattinson is definitely a babe but I don't think he did a super amazing job (at least not as amazing as everyone is hyping it up to be); he played it as well as was "humanly" possible I guess so in that respect I was glad he played Edward because Rob is nice to look at but really, I wish they just kept is as a book. The book itself is a movie in your mind and one's imagination is infinitely better than what Hollywood makes it into. And, I swear, if they make the book Breaking Dawn into a movie, I'll boycot! That book MUST stay a BOOK!

Peace.Twilight (2-Disc Special Edition)
on June 30, 2009
I figured I'd write a review of the blu-ray rather than one of the movie, as everyone seems to have reviewed the movie already! I did love the movie, though, and would highly recommend it. I found the blu-ray version a bit disappointing, however, but only because the extreme clarity seemed to point out every flaw in the actors' make-up. Sometimes, leaving a bit to the imagination is nice! Any scene with nature, however, was rather breathtaking. The special features are also great, and it's really handy to have them all on one disc.
on May 30, 2009
I actually watched the movie, then read the book. Loved both, but had the faces to go with the characters, which was nice. Bought the movie, then watched again. Fans of the movie will love the extra features.
on April 14, 2009
I love this movie, and I was very psyched to get the 2 disc edition. There are some awesome bonus features, but I think the second disc was a little bit over-rated. There were all these things saying THIS IS AN AWESOME EXTRA DISC, and so when I saw it, I kind of expected more.
But still, when I bought it, the 2 disc edition was actually cheaper than the 1 disc. Also, if you're a fanpire, could you really deny yourself the awesomeness that is MORE twilight features? Thought not...:P
on October 21, 2015
Great movie
on April 4, 2016
Good movie
on March 21, 2009
I finished reading Twilight just before the movie came out, and was very excited to see it on the big screen. I'm always a little nervous when a great book is made into a film, hoping that it will live up to the expectations and be every bit as good as the book.

After seeing the movie, I have to say that it delivered a very good adaptation of the book. The chemistry and emotion shared by Edward and Bella, was evident on the screen, and very well portrayed by Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart. However, I felt that the development of their relationship was a little rushed in the movie, and I would have liked to have seen more of a build up to the love that seemed very suddenly declared by both characters.

Also, a lot of the history of the Cullen family was missing from the movie, especially Carlisle's story. It would have been nice to see this on screen, and might have helped give more insight and understanding to audience viewers who perhaps had not read the book. Each member of the Cullen family had a history, and a reason for becoming who they were, and I hope that future sequels will cover their story in more detail. While I do understand that sometimes it's impossible to cover every single detail in a movie that has to stick to the time allotted, if the details are important to explaining the story, then they shouldn't be left out.

On the whole, I really enjoyed this movie. It was entertaining from start to finish. I have read all of the books in this series and each one held it's own special magic, though I think the first book will always be my favourite of the four. I hope that each of these books will go on to be as good a movie as Twilight has become. I understand that this series is geared mainly towards a younger audience, but take it from someone who has not been a teenager for MANY years - the books are very addictive for people of all ages, and the movie itself did a great job of bringing the first book to life. I think it should have been a little longer, but on the whole, very entertaining and well done.

The DVD was well presented, with some very good special features. There was a great seven part documentary on the making of the movie, as well as deleted and extra scenes, music video's, and comentaries. It's worth the few extra dollars to buy the 2 disc special edition. I can't wait to see what "New Moon" gives us in November, as the second book is bought to life.
on April 4, 2009
I love the twilight movie i think I've watched Four times since I bought it, and saw it three times before i bought it. Rob Pattinson so dreamy! Kristen Stewart does an awesome Bella! You must buy this movie!