summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

on March 24, 2016
Shocked but loved it
on August 26, 2009
If you're not a teenaged girl who gets hung up on people who ignore you... there's nothing to see here.
on June 15, 2015
Love it
on April 14, 2009
I love this movie, and I was very psyched to get the 2 disc edition. There are some awesome bonus features, but I think the second disc was a little bit over-rated. There were all these things saying THIS IS AN AWESOME EXTRA DISC, and so when I saw it, I kind of expected more.
But still, when I bought it, the 2 disc edition was actually cheaper than the 1 disc. Also, if you're a fanpire, could you really deny yourself the awesomeness that is MORE twilight features? Thought not...:P
on October 13, 2009
The Blu-Ray did not work. Tried it in another machine and it still did not work. Had to go out and rent it from Blockbuster, so there is nothing wrong with my Blu-Ray machine. Just bad luck I happened to buy the faulty disc I guess. I wasted money
on October 21, 2015
Good movie
on December 27, 2014
excellent
on March 21, 2009
I finished reading Twilight just before the movie came out, and was very excited to see it on the big screen. I'm always a little nervous when a great book is made into a film, hoping that it will live up to the expectations and be every bit as good as the book.

After seeing the movie, I have to say that it delivered a very good adaptation of the book. The chemistry and emotion shared by Edward and Bella, was evident on the screen, and very well portrayed by Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart. However, I felt that the development of their relationship was a little rushed in the movie, and I would have liked to have seen more of a build up to the love that seemed very suddenly declared by both characters.

Also, a lot of the history of the Cullen family was missing from the movie, especially Carlisle's story. It would have been nice to see this on screen, and might have helped give more insight and understanding to audience viewers who perhaps had not read the book. Each member of the Cullen family had a history, and a reason for becoming who they were, and I hope that future sequels will cover their story in more detail. While I do understand that sometimes it's impossible to cover every single detail in a movie that has to stick to the time allotted, if the details are important to explaining the story, then they shouldn't be left out.

On the whole, I really enjoyed this movie. It was entertaining from start to finish. I have read all of the books in this series and each one held it's own special magic, though I think the first book will always be my favourite of the four. I hope that each of these books will go on to be as good a movie as Twilight has become. I understand that this series is geared mainly towards a younger audience, but take it from someone who has not been a teenager for MANY years - the books are very addictive for people of all ages, and the movie itself did a great job of bringing the first book to life. I think it should have been a little longer, but on the whole, very entertaining and well done.

The DVD was well presented, with some very good special features. There was a great seven part documentary on the making of the movie, as well as deleted and extra scenes, music video's, and comentaries. It's worth the few extra dollars to buy the 2 disc special edition. I can't wait to see what "New Moon" gives us in November, as the second book is bought to life.