5.0 out of 5 stars Rating The Special Features
I'm not going to review the movie here or go over key plot points. I'm also not going to talk about how gorgeous Robert Pattinson is. We've all seen it, we know it by heart, and we all love it. It's our brand of heroin. I am however going to tell you what I think about the special features.

This 2 disk Special edition includes a ton of goodies guaranteed to...
Published on March 22 2009 by Buggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Better and worse than expected
First off, I'm not a teenager and I haven't read the book. I watched the movie with the rest of my family, because my teenaged daughter insisted that we should, and assured us that we'd all love it. (In return for this, she has to watch Dracula ...)

Actually, I watched it twice, because it was both much better and much worse than I expected. It's clearly a...
Published on March 24 2009 by R. Lloyd

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Twilight Shines, March 21 2009
Dee (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I finished reading Twilight just before the movie came out, and was very excited to see it on the big screen. I'm always a little nervous when a great book is made into a film, hoping that it will live up to the expectations and be every bit as good as the book.

After seeing the movie, I have to say that it delivered a very good adaptation of the book. The chemistry and emotion shared by Edward and Bella, was evident on the screen, and very well portrayed by Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart. However, I felt that the development of their relationship was a little rushed in the movie, and I would have liked to have seen more of a build up to the love that seemed very suddenly declared by both characters.

Also, a lot of the history of the Cullen family was missing from the movie, especially Carlisle's story. It would have been nice to see this on screen, and might have helped give more insight and understanding to audience viewers who perhaps had not read the book. Each member of the Cullen family had a history, and a reason for becoming who they were, and I hope that future sequels will cover their story in more detail. While I do understand that sometimes it's impossible to cover every single detail in a movie that has to stick to the time allotted, if the details are important to explaining the story, then they shouldn't be left out.

On the whole, I really enjoyed this movie. It was entertaining from start to finish. I have read all of the books in this series and each one held it's own special magic, though I think the first book will always be my favourite of the four. I hope that each of these books will go on to be as good a movie as Twilight has become. I understand that this series is geared mainly towards a younger audience, but take it from someone who has not been a teenager for MANY years - the books are very addictive for people of all ages, and the movie itself did a great job of bringing the first book to life. I think it should have been a little longer, but on the whole, very entertaining and well done.

The DVD was well presented, with some very good special features. There was a great seven part documentary on the making of the movie, as well as deleted and extra scenes, music video's, and comentaries. It's worth the few extra dollars to buy the 2 disc special edition. I can't wait to see what "New Moon" gives us in November, as the second book is bought to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied!, Jan. 24 2012
Very happy with this product, packaging, & delivery time. Being I live in Canada, it didn't take long to arrive at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off good .., April 5 2009
R. Sarwar "Movie Lover" (Vaughan, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twilight / Twilight - La Fascination (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
Started off good .. but something went wrong mid way and it got boring .. I guess being a vampire fan I was expecting more. Not my type of movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, Aug. 8 2009
This is the best movie ever, I love it, i look forword to the next one , New moon in the ending og this year

5.0 out of 5 stars A awesome paranormal-romance movie, March 23 2009
Frances L. Arsenault "lover of literature" (Nanaimo, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I do have an interest in the Occult as I said that many,many times. And also vampires (the key monster in this film) are starting to be my favorite monsters. The film is based on the first novel of the best-selling novel series by Stephenie Meyer and to me the story has essence of another supernatural star-cross romance "Blood and Chocolate."

In the film, Seventeen-year-old Bella Swan moves to the small town of Forks, Washington after her mother and her boyfriend move to Jacksonville, to live with her police-chief father, Charlie. There, she finds herself drawn to a mysterious classmate, Edward Cullen, who is revealed to be a 108-year-old vampire...but is physically seventeen years old. Although Edward discourages the romance at first, they soon fall deeply in love. When the arrival of three nomadic vampires, James, Victoria, and Laurent, puts Bella's life in danger, Edward and his family, Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie, put their lives at stake to save her.

I had read the series, and now, I had seen this film...I do love both the book series and the film. I don't have a favorite scene, because I love the WHOLE film, and I would like to say that the acting for the film is absolutely top notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 3 2009
I have to say twilight is a really great movie... i have read the books which makes it even better because you feel really attached to the characters and for all you people who have also read the book a lot of detail is missing in the movie but what can you expect ... it to be perfect, no but it still is done really well and is a much watch and even more a must read!!! Once your into it trust me you will never get back out its just so fantasticespecially for girls but guys also.

thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars There are no words..., March 20 2009
Melissa Jones "Eclipse" (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best movie I have ever seen. Of course the books are much better and I would suggest reading them first, but overall the movie makes a great presentation. Everyone who helped put this movie together are absolutely brilliant. A remarkable job! xox-Melissa-xox

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent movie, March 23 2009
Suzy Q "muppetlise" (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Bought this blu ray. The blu ray quality is good. The movie is definitely a chick flick. My husband didn't really like it. I thought it was pretty good. Cinematography is lacking as it looks like a made for tv movie than a big screen movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twilight movie SOOO Goood!, April 4 2009
Debrah Courville "Lvr of Buks" (Northern Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love the twilight movie i think I've watched Four times since I bought it, and saw it three times before i bought it. Rob Pattinson so dreamy! Kristen Stewart does an awesome Bella! You must buy this movie!

3.0 out of 5 stars twilight movie, June 3 2009
karen specht (edmonton, ab) - See all my reviews
it's good teenage fluff. if you haven't read the book, you might be slightly lost on some points. get a 13-yr-old to explain it to you.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Twilight  / Twilight - La Fascination  (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 9.98