5.0 out of 5 stars Superb music, June 26 2009
I. Zack "Ian" (New Denver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
A great cause, and wonderful music to boot. The CD is great, but the DVD is absolutely outstanding. I'm moved every time I see and hear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing., Nov. 1 2010
R Duck (Moncton, NB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
I first heard of this album by an e-mail I received with the Stand By Me video. I saw a few more videos on YouTube and decided that I had to have this album. All the songs are beautiful. The singers & performers did an excellent job as did the guy who mixed everything together. It's amazing that this guy went around the world to record what seem to be street performers, but he did an excellent job with this project. If you have a chance, check them out on YouTube and you will probably want to have a copy of this wonderful album for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, March 3 2010
B. Ridley "book-a-holic" (Hamilton, Ont. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
I first saw this at a friend's home. He had gotten it for his birthday. We were so taken with it. What an amazing feat! The music is beautiful and haunting. The musicians involved were unknown to us, but you could see the love they had for the music. When you hear the CD it is special, but having the CD and DVD combo, the DVD shows you an amazing accomplishment of "street" musicians, singing songs together without a glitch and truly playing for change. The songs are well done and inspiring. We had to buy more than one to share with friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Playing for Change, March 17 2014
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
Innovative, creative and eye opening. Good music done well. I reccomend it to anyone that knows these tunes as they are all brand new again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice CD and DVD combination, Jan. 31 2014
Ronald Boily "pincollector1" (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
Two of the songs are excellent. The rest are not my favorites. I would still recommend it. It is very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing For Change always good and worth supporting., Dec 22 2013
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
As every other product I've purchased to support Playing For Change, this was very enjoyable as well as inspiring. Worth every penny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD and DVD, Aug. 7 2014
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
Great CD and DVD. Awesome music. Playing for Change foundation is a wonderful organization making a difference in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., Jan. 6 2010
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
My ten-year-old asked for this amazing collection for Christmas. Her teacher showed it in the classroom in November and the music and people stayed with my daughter for weeks. We bought it and we're all hooked. What a fantastic concept to bring these artists together. We love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars it can't (and shouldn't) miss!!, April 13 2009
Gordon Larusic (Dingwall, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
This is a pre order prior to release review!! Since I've seen and heard[..]"One Love" (Bob Marley) and "Stand by Me"(Ben E. King)....I know this is already worth the price and probable contribution to the cause....this will be a simulcast digital recreation of these standards by various folk artists around the world.....these are not professionals, but that's its appeal and this review is coming from the most cynical fella you'd ever meet....(that's my "profession")....rythem in spades, colorful beyond belief,and such amazing audio....inspires the coldest of hearts....and I haven't seen it all yet.....gonna be a classic and hopefully a prototype!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary -not strong enough!!, Oct. 29 2011
Robert C. Jones (Laurentiens, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) (Audio CD)
Having a passion for music since right before the Beatles, I am no longer easily 'moved'. But, this CD&DVD did and then some. No matter what musical style you like,this combo will remind you why music is so important. The interweaving of the various artists from around the world is masterfully done and the scenery is a wonderful extra. Being an audiophile I even find the on-site recording very well done. The only weak point is still interesting in that the most well known professional artist (Bono) among all the musicians is totally outclassed by street musicians and other lesser know professionals. Ke' Mo', on-the-other-hand, raises his game and more than fits in.

I find it interesting that the 2 discs which have moved me the most this year are from non-conventional sources -this one and the Hugh Laurie (Dr. House).

For what its worth, Bob

Songs Around The World (W/Dvd)
Songs Around The World (W/Dvd) by Playing for Change (Audio CD - 2009)