summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on July 14, 2010
This DVD was a real surprise - I really had no expectations going in and I was hugely surprised. About 15 minutes into the first episode, I thought I wasn't going to like it, but stick with it & you're going to love it! The acting is great and the storylines are unique. The best part of this show is probably the relationships between the various characters (different cops, family members, etc.) The show is really well cast and enjoyable. It actually makes me laugh out loud sometimes. A great drama with some real mystery, angst & comedy. What more can you ask for?
on June 27, 2014
Very disappointed. I found the main character vulgar, crude, and not at all likeable. The acting is so-so and the scripts need maturity . . . that is, written by a bonafide adult. If this is supposedly representing the woman of today, I am embarrassed.
on September 27, 2011
In this first season Mary Shannon(Mary McCormack),Marshall Mann(Frederick Weller) and Stan McQueen(Paul Ben-Victor) are three actors who have created characters that play exceedingly well off of each other. With the seemingly hard nosed Mary having to deal with the stresses of her job then having to face the trials of living with a live in mother Jinx Shannon (Lesley Ann Warren) as well as a foolish live in sister Brandi Shannon (Nichole Hiltz) the calming influences of her partner Marshal Marshall Mann go a long way to keeping her sane. The show is great in prime time and even more so without the intrusive commercial breaks. I look forward to season two.
on October 12, 2013
Mary McCormack is so funny! I don't love all of the secondary characters but Mary McCormack makes this show! Will keep watching!
on May 29, 2013
Being a movie collector I am very fussy which I order usually from seeing previews. I enjoy watching the many hours of entertainment.
on November 4, 2011
I've been hearing about this show for quite soem time and I finally came around to watching the first season.
Mary, US Marshall isn't your typical girly girl. She's tough, she definately let's out the 'boy' side out, no manners, speaks her mind without caring too much about consequences. Her job is to be sure you stay alive even if it means making her witnesses do choices they do not want to make.

There is some comedy, but just enough so you don,t feel like this is a comedy show. Her partner, really knows a lot and you see he somewhat balances her because she has a boyfriend, depending on the episodes, her family which are a bunch of problems constantly waiting to happen. With this dysfunctional family, no wonder she's that way, even so she still does her job!

I highly enjoyed the first season enough to continue watching it, but I doubt this is a series I will purchase and watch over again and again. Watched it once, it was different, entertaining but not enough for me to watch again (unlike Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law and Order SVU)
on June 12, 2015
Took a chance and bought this. I liked the show. It kept me watching.
on February 11, 2012
This show is unique. Not your run of the mill cops and robbers. A different twist with many varied story lines. I am looking forward to future seasons. Mary MacCormick is very good.