5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gripping TV!
Fantastic television! The series demonstrates what dramatic serial tv is capable of. The writing has taken a great season 1, and continues to lead us further down the path of character devolution. Looking forward to seasons 3, 4 etc. Video and audio quality good.
Published on Dec 23 2011 by spenrock

3.0 out of 5 stars rocky season until last few episodes
Published 15 months ago by Brian Maitland

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gripping TV!, Dec 23 2011
This review is from: Breaking Bad: The Complete Second Season (4 Discs) (Sous-titres français) (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Entertaining, July 31 2011
The second season of Breaking Bad is a wonderful continuation of the first season. I like this series because it has very real characters. They are complex; one minute they are making extremely bad choices and the next they show surprising strength and compassion.

The plot keeps you on the edge of your seat, and despite the fact the story line revolves around the manufacturing and distribution of drugs it in no way glamorizes this lifestyle. On the contrary, we see how Walt slowly loses everything important to him. This series is very well written and the actors are wonderful.

Breaking Bad is a refreshingly different series and would highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars rocky season until last few episodes, Feb. 4 2014
Brian Maitland (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's always a chore to follow up a killer initial season, and, I'll be frank, Season Two did nothing for me until about Episode 10. I think the major problem was I just am not interested at all in any relationship on the show bar the one between Walter and Jesse. When they're on screen together or over the phone, I'm invested. Otherwise I just find my mind drifting off.

The new lawyer Saul character I just find plain annoying. I get that they wanted to introduce new characters but even the DEA agents in El Paso get short shrift after that one scene that I won't spoil for anyone. Hank returns to Albuquerque, and the whole thing seems way too brushed over. Just odd dramatic choices in the story and script.

I know this series has been compared to "The Wire," and in this way it's exactly like that series where Season Two I found the whole thing sort of losing its way a little.

Obviously, I'm hoping Season 3 onwards kicks it up a few notches and judging from Episodes 10-13 of this season, it will. Actually, that may have been the problem as Season Two was 13 episodes whereas Season One was a lot tighter having just seven episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling, Nov. 18 2013
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

The second season made clear the promise of the first would be lived up to. The show would
go to the edge, even if it meant risking alienating the audience. This is powerful, important
and yet utterly enthralling stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, April 10 2010
Karen Bothwell (Vancouver, B.C.) - See all my reviews
This show is so great! It is also so addictive! I Love It!!!! It reminds me of watching Twin Peaks years ago and never wanting it to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition, May 20 2014
Great in good condition. And enjoyed Breaking Bad. Looking forward to seeing it all. We are nearly through Season 3 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Breaking Bad fan!, April 19 2014
I started buying the Breaking Bad series to my boyfriend since he was addicted to the show as it was playing on television. It is his favorite series of all time, right up there with Battlestar Galactica, so I can say he was pleased and it's the perfect gift for someone who loves that show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show, Nov. 30 2012
Speanut (Fergus, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
There is a reason why this show wins awards every year. If your looking for a good show watch, then watch just 2 episodes of this and you'll be buying all 4 seasons. Truly is a great show. Great story line, and characters. Very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad Second Season, Jan. 24 2013
The subject matter is so disconcerting we can't stop watching it. We are hooked on this series! We heard about this show on the radio and thought we would check it out, we had an enjoyable New Years Eve watching Breaking Bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad: The Complete Second Season (4 Discs), May 21 2013
Joel Andrews - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Huge fan of this show, it's just life gone completely off the rails! What would you do in his situation faced with the challenges he does? It's a very intense drama series, and I can't wait for the next season to start!

Breaking Bad: The Complete Second Season (4 Discs) (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 19.83