Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on December 23, 2011
Fantastic television! The series demonstrates what dramatic serial tv is capable of. The writing has taken a great season 1, and continues to lead us further down the path of character devolution. Looking forward to seasons 3, 4 etc. Video and audio quality good.
on July 31, 2011
The second season of Breaking Bad is a wonderful continuation of the first season. I like this series because it has very real characters. They are complex; one minute they are making extremely bad choices and the next they show surprising strength and compassion.

The plot keeps you on the edge of your seat, and despite the fact the story line revolves around the manufacturing and distribution of drugs it in no way glamorizes this lifestyle. On the contrary, we see how Walt slowly loses everything important to him. This series is very well written and the actors are wonderful.

Breaking Bad is a refreshingly different series and would highly recommend it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 4, 2014
It's always a chore to follow up a killer initial season, and, I'll be frank, Season Two did nothing for me until about Episode 10. I think the major problem was I just am not interested at all in any relationship on the show bar the one between Walter and Jesse. When they're on screen together or over the phone, I'm invested. Otherwise I just find my mind drifting off.

The new lawyer Saul character I just find plain annoying. I get that they wanted to introduce new characters but even the DEA agents in El Paso get short shrift after that one scene that I won't spoil for anyone. Hank returns to Albuquerque, and the whole thing seems way too brushed over. Just odd dramatic choices in the story and script.

I know this series has been compared to "The Wire," and in this way it's exactly like that series where Season Two I found the whole thing sort of losing its way a little.

Obviously, I'm hoping Season 3 onwards kicks it up a few notches and judging from Episodes 10-13 of this season, it will. Actually, that may have been the problem as Season Two was 13 episodes whereas Season One was a lot tighter having just seven episodes.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 18, 2013
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

The second season made clear the promise of the first would be lived up to. The show would
go to the edge, even if it meant risking alienating the audience. This is powerful, important
and yet utterly enthralling stuff.
on July 24, 2015
Very impressive. Deals with the difficult subject of meth addiction and trafficking. The protagonist is a vanilla-white middle class non-achiever. Faced with financial hardship, and freed by his life-threatening cancer. Walt starts by dabbling in meth production and sales.

In Season 2, he moves up the food chain by supplying a cartel-affiliate trafficker. Thereafter, things go downhill with death threats and unintended consequences. The series stands heads above other TV shows because of its attention to emotional relationships, and the consequences of participation in the drug trade.

There is Walt's estrangement from his family. Walt's difficult relationship with Jesses, and his fear of his DEA brother-in-law. In future series, Walt descends down the slippery slope as he becomes a ruthless killer and gang boss. Sometimes with regret. Sometimes not.
on April 10, 2010
This show is so great! It is also so addictive! I Love It!!!! It reminds me of watching Twin Peaks years ago and never wanting it to end.
on May 20, 2014
Great in good condition. And enjoyed Breaking Bad. Looking forward to seeing it all. We are nearly through Season 3 now.
on April 19, 2014
I started buying the Breaking Bad series to my boyfriend since he was addicted to the show as it was playing on television. It is his favorite series of all time, right up there with Battlestar Galactica, so I can say he was pleased and it's the perfect gift for someone who loves that show!
on November 30, 2012
There is a reason why this show wins awards every year. If your looking for a good show watch, then watch just 2 episodes of this and you'll be buying all 4 seasons. Truly is a great show. Great story line, and characters. Very well done.
on January 24, 2013
The subject matter is so disconcerting we can't stop watching it. We are hooked on this series! We heard about this show on the radio and thought we would check it out, we had an enjoyable New Years Eve watching Breaking Bad.