march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Price:$39.99+ $4.99 shipping

on January 6, 2010
As an amateur of punch-out since the very first arcade days of the original game, and since I played and beated every game of the series since, I was expecting a lot out of this game, thinking it would be great to play it on the wii.

I had a lot of fun to play against old enemies, but discovered very soon, that apart from the nice animations, this game plays the same as the super nintendo version, and i mean THE SAME. The same boxers make a comeback and use exactly the same moves, at the same tempo. So it is very easy for a long time fan to beat the first half of the game and become champion. It took me 3 hrs. And because of that, surprisingly, Soda popinski, super macho man, bald bull, and mr sandman were among the easiest.

It's a lot harder to beat the second half where you have to learn the new moves, and it was a lot of fun to play against Glass job wearing a head protector or hippo king strapping a steel plate on his weak belly, but then again, not enough boxers change that much and some are still very easy to beat.

Punch out for wii would have been a lot better if it had more new boxers and had an option to adjust the difficulty degree for old timers.

Last but not least, the wii controls are ackward. While you have to punch with the remote and the nunchuk, you still have to press "up" to aim at the face (which is not precise and tough on the fingers) or just swing in any direction to deliver a bodyblow. You can even cheat by holding the remote on your hips and move it a little to punch... no thrills that way. I would prefer, as i imagined it would be, if i had to swing up or down as in real life to do so. It's also often slow to react. it's that bad, it makes the game more enjoyable to play with the remote sideways as an old nintendo controller.

Still worth a visit since the old game they copied was great, but not for 60$. Fight night (Round 1 to 4) were a much better upgrade for the Punch Out series.
on June 15, 2009
I can't get enough Punch-Out! I've played it regularly since the first version came out on the NES and this is a perfect send up to the original game. It's enjoyable and challenging.

There could have been more new boxers, but overall it's still a great way to enjoy a nice arcade boxer.
on January 21, 2015
Extremely disappointed. My husband who is blind lovesthis game, one of the few he can play. It came in PAL format, I live in Canada and would not have purchased if I had known. And I can't find a copy in NSTC to replace it cheap enough. It should be stated in the description or title would be better what format the game is in. This really sucks.
on September 30, 2015
Well if you live in Canada, don't buy this game from momox ca because you'll receive it in PAL format (UK) and it's won't play on your system. I will have return it out of my own pocket (Over $10). What a disappointment. If I buy something from a Canadian website (amazon.ca), I should expect the product to work on Canadian systems.
on June 27, 2014
I got the item in PAL format, I live in Canada, the game don't work, I'm very upset, it wasn't noticed in the game details.
on February 5, 2013
Great game, easy to play, the graphics are clean and easy to see. the game is straight forward and an easy play too
on January 20, 2015
Sent me the PAL version of the game.
No where in the listing did it specify it was PAL version. Even the box art used was the NA version.
on May 28, 2014
My son says it's exactly what he wanted. So he's happy and satisfied with it. Thank you for your help in getting it.
on December 3, 2015
I'm sure the product is good though I couldn't play it because it's made for English Wii.
on November 9, 2014
Got here so fast it was like they brought it right over. Kids absolutely loved it!!!

See 1 answered question