5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVR Expander
After a lot of online reading of the model of Motorola PVR that I have from Shaw, I decided on the WD DVR 1TB eSATA expander.

Published on Sept. 23 2010 by D. Richmond

1.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1 TB DVR Expander eSATA Edition
To be used as an extender for a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD DVR. Rogers provides the cable service. On playback of recorded programs, video and audio was subject to flickering (periods of audio and video break-up ranging from a fraction of a second to a full second). This would occur approximately one or two times every minute.
Published on June 16 2010 by Brewzz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVR Expander, Sept. 23 2010
D. Richmond (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Western Digital 1 TB DVR Expander eSATA Edition (Personal Computers)

Western Digital, on their computer hard drives, have been offering a 5 year warranty so I figured the reliability must be there. You don't offer a 5 year warranty for sub-par equipment or the company will go broke. That being said, I can't recall what the warranty is on this WD Expander, so don't assume it's 5 years too.

Instructions with the unit were brief, clear and easy to follow. The main point was to make sure you always powered the Expander up first and power it down last in regards to the PVR (if you were going to physically move the units). I leave the Expander turned on all the time, plugged into the same powerbar as my Motorola DVR.

I checked out ALOT of online reviews from people just like you and I to see what their experiences were. Know the model of DVR/PVR you have and google it up and read ALOT.

Shaw wanted over $200 for the 500gb expander. I got mine off Amazon during a super sale for about $95+shipping. At $135-ish it's still a great deal.

This is a must have for those who record HD regularly. Wife and I went from 85% full to 1% full (it was keeping her up at night past 80% full).

1.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1 TB DVR Expander eSATA Edition, June 16 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars PVR Expander, July 3 2010
KWindsor (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
After a little glitch formatting the drive suitable to my cable company's system, it works as expected. No problems since. Works fully integrated with the PVR. I am very pleased to have such a large increase in disk space to save more of my favorite HD programs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tons of space, June 19 2010
Fernanda (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
I use this product with Shaw cable and a motorola DVR. The amount of additional space that has been added to my DVR is remarkable. It was easy to set up, and recognized my DVR without any issues. The only complaint so far is that sometimes (infrequently) when I watch a recording back, the picture and audio flicker for a couple of seconds, so I did not give it a higher score. Other than that, so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bon ajout au HD de videotron, Dec 9 2010
Si vous désirez enregistrer plus de contenu HD, ce disque e-sata vous permets d'avoir pleinement de contenu. Côté négatif, il y a du lag lorsque vous écoutez en direct mais que vous avez fait une pause, donc en écoutant ce que vous enregistrer, vous souffrez quelque peu de lag.

Western Digital 1 TB DVR Expander eSATA Edition