Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Audio CDChange

on April 25, 2009
Classified is no stranger to Hip Hop - and neither are his fans who enjoy his urban sound. I have been following the release of this album for months - and all of my expectations were exceeded. At 22 tracks, you've got a good mix of solid tracks that illustrate Classified's unique lyrical talent (Anybody Listening, Inspiration and Get Out of the Way), multiple guest artists Choclair, Maestro, and Buck 65 to name a few, another Chad Hatcher hit "Things are looking up" and an added twist of a CYOA (Choose your own adventure through the CD). Why do I like Classified? He's not afraid to say it like it is, doesn't sell out to the rapper stereotype, and stays true to his East Coast and Canadian Roots (Track 10 - Oh ... Canada). If you liked Hitch Hikin' Music, Union Dues and While You Were Sleeping - then get this CD and support Canada's home grown talent. Classified's style and musical talent hasn't changed - it just keeps gettin' better!
on June 29, 2009
I had never heard of Classified before listening to "Used to Be" on a local college radio station. (Surprising, since this is album 13 for him). I decided to pick up the cd based solely on that one listen and am glad I did.

At 22 tracks long, with only a single track under 2 minutes, this album packs a lot of great material onto an 80 minute CD. And unlike most other albums I've bought lately, I find myself listening to this from start to finish. It's exactly what I was looking for; a complete album on which the beats are catchy and the lyrics intelligent.

The "Choose Your Own Adventure" backstory is a new twist as well, and manages to add something to the album without coming off corny.

My fave tracks: Up All Night, Inspiration, One Track Mind, Used to Be, Where Are You, Breaking Up.

IMHO, this is the best hip hop album of 2009 so far. It's been reason enough for me to start checking out Classified's previous 12 albums.
on August 28, 2014
Great Canadian hip hop artist.