5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! A must buy for any Final Fantasy fan!
Hey Eveyone, I think there is a typo in the title's listing, I think this is infact the DVD release of Advent Children and not the UMD, but who knows.
Published on Sept. 20 2005 by FF Fanatic

3.0 out of 5 stars Great visual but lousy plot
The quality of this Blu-Ray disc is very good. In addition to subtitles, you have sound tracks in different languages to choose from. So this should make viewing the film much easier. However, the use of terminologies that have no meaning to me throws me off balance in trying to understand the story, which itself is fairly incoherent. So overall it is disappointing...
Published 10 months ago by FilmFan2010

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! A must buy for any Final Fantasy fan!, Sept. 20 2005
This is an amazing movie, I've seen the Japanese version already. The computer graphics are breath-taking and surpass those of The Spirits Within. If you like Final Fantasy VII at all, then you must have this DVD. You won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., May 18 2006
Truthfully, I've been around the game and know more or less what it's about and have played it a bit. But I didn't really know the whole story or follow faithfully the quests of the characters in Final Fantasy VII. However, despite not really being into the game, I was in no way confused or at a disadvantage when watching the movie. And the movie was pretty darn good. The computer generated graphics were gorgeous and the fight scenes were sublime. Even if you're not a Final Fantasy fan, this movie is worth owning just for the beautiful animation and step-up from previous CGI films. And the story isn't that hard to understand, plus the extras on the DVDs provide a recap of the plotlines from the game. So I'd say it's not just for fans of the game, though knowing the game helps, I think it's for anyone who would like to add to their collection a very unique and intriguing story.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who played the game...., April 26 2006
Pierre (Ile-Bizard, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
WOW !!! just WOW !!!
If you played the game FF7, this DVD will blow your mind up !
The reason why i'm saying this is because they are making a lot of references to the game and what happened in it. It brings back a lot of GOOD memories ( I still have goosebumps thinking about the movie while i'm typing this ). The storyline isn't THE GREATEST, but it's really good anyway. You have to watch it really loud, the music just add to the background.
The graphics are just sooo great and really well done.
So, i recommend this DVD to any FF7 fans who played the game back in 1997. For those who didn't played or known the game, some parts of the movie won't have any significance to you and sometimes, you will be left in the dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kind of cool, April 30 2006
By A Customer
It was a good movie.
I myself am not a major Final Fantasy fan but I've played the games and have enjoyed them. When the first Final Fantasy movie came out (the Spirits Within one) I was disappointed with the lack of character and story developement that is so prominent in the games - definetely one of the things that is best about them. But with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, since it was a continuation of a game that already had well-developed characters and plots, there was a better chance of it being good. And it was. It was fun to look at and the character design remained consistant with the CGI-anime style present in the games. All in all I recommend seeing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only for the fans, June 2 2006
Unless you're a fan on the game, there's really no point in wasting your time on this film. With exceptional graphics, it is visually stunning as the film borders CGI with real life actors. Story is pretty basic, nevertheless a continuation of the game -- its meaning will only be understood by those who've spent the 60+ hours in FFVII.

Bonus features are a bit interesting albeit long, and watching the film with the English audio nearly killed the movie for me.

Nice conclusion for those who wanted more when they finished FFVII. Not a bad film, but like I said before, only for the fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great animation, June 2 2006
This movie delivered a lot of eye candy and it is well worth the watch. However, I feel that the characters could have been developed and introduced more extensively, as in the game, but then that would have taken away from the action. As I watched this movie I thought it was more of a tribute to FFVII than anything else. And even if you have not played FFVII before, there is a section on the DVD to watch a synopsis of the game. At least there is on the version I have. Maybe watch that first and then the movie. But if you do, there are spoilers to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW...I'm totally speachless, Sept. 8 2006
Matthew Wong - See all my reviews
This was a totally awesome movie, even for someone like myself whose never played the FF series games.

The CG animation was flawless

The story, not totally original but bang on with a good delivery

The dubbing, something most movies don't do well but is quite good here

The action is breathtaking, a bit of matrix styles but not over done. Plus Cloud's 5 swords in 1 thing is totally innovative, especially the way he uses it.

A great addition to any anime collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great move!!!, May 18 2006
By A Customer
I waited for this movie for a long time, and i am glad it's out now finally! This movie doesn't have a big story to it, but it really don't need a lot to it anyway. The action,graphics,voice acting is all really well done.The only problem it has is the audio for the english cause sometimes it low and other time it's high they should of fixed that before releasing it.All in all a great movie that's all i have to say!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, June 2 2006
As a fan of FF:VII I had been waiting for this movie to be released for three years now. The digital imaging was amazing, but I was expecting that, it was more the plot I had trouble with. I wish there was more talking and less fighting.

I did enjoy the music however.

Advice: Play the game,then watch the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, April 29 2006
This was an excellent anime. The story is good the anime is really fast, exactly like in real life and beyond.
Wow the realist picture is like in the real life and more. I want to live in a world like that. Everything is beautifull (quality of the anime) and the dust is like real.
Wonderfull.
5 stars

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 15.98