march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: 32GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 2, 2013
I was quite happy that it was 32GB, however here are some pros and cons about this product:

Pros for me:
- Large amount of space, love it.
- Relatively small, and pretty simple design (like it).
- Works almost on all computers, (big thing for me as I need it for school).

However for the cons:

- Sometimes transferring is way too slow.
- Sometimes it glitches and I lose my files every once in a while.
- Stops working randomly.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this if you're very dependent on it, but I am quite satisfied about the product.
on April 4, 2013
4.5 stars.

Easy to use, no setup required. I put 30 gigs on this and it took 1 hour. Not the fastest..but fast enough. If it was faster then i'd give 5 stars but overall, a very good product..especially for the price. Why anyone would pay retail at bestbuy / futureshop i have no idea...
on September 8, 2014
-Plugs into computer: Check

-Holds files transferred onto it: Check

-Transfers files from key to another computer: Check

-Key slides open with relative ease: Check

-Is able to go Tony Stark and immediately start hacking a computer once it's plugged in: No, but it can be done if you know what you're doing

-Is able to drink the bossman under the table, fight the evil dragon, bang the princess, get to the other side of the country in a matter of minutes, chill with some friends, walk away from an explosion without looking back, while hopping on one foot playing the harmonica: Check
on April 22, 2012
Great value for what you pay and an amazing bargain. A must for transferring files on the move or storing those special family holiday snaps.
on November 21, 2012
Work's well, is quick and compact. It's a very good price as well. I was going to purchase a smaller one, but there wasn't that big of a difference between the price. I recommend this.
on October 22, 2012
This memory stick works extreamly well. It is fast and secure all for a great price :D. I have since recommended this brand and amazon to my employer and will be recieving more (in a smaller size) for all office employees.
on June 25, 2012
I buy SanDisk products because my experiences with them have always been positive. Their products are solid and their return procedures are fair. A couple of emails between me and their customer support and they exchanged my last device (an MP3 player) with no hassle. The new device was flawless, and I've gotten my money's worth and then some.

This new USB drive works great, and I have every confidence that if there's an issue I will be well treated again. If I'm not, you'll be sure to hear it from me. =) ...But I'm betting on satisfaction.
on March 21, 2014
I got 4 of these and I am very happy with them. They are well built and their performance good. I used 2 of them as gifts (they make great stocking stuffers). Their best use is for shuttling a collection of frequently used files from computer to computer. For larger capacities, I would go to a USB 3.0 drive, since filling a 16 GB stick can take quite a while.
Note that they come formatted FAT32, so the largest file size they will hold is just under 4GB. If you format them NTFS, this size limit no longer applies.
on January 16, 2014
I have USB 3.0 and my USB 2.0 drive finishes copying before this one. The first 3000MB transfer almost instantly from the OS point of view. But it seems only to cache on the usb key and then a waiting period is needed while the read write action goes through.

Further not having the safely remove device option in windows (because of it's chipset) the delayed write often fails when I remove my device, and files are corrupt/missing when I plug the key in another pc. This is a problem you may have often so I would not recommend you putting your school or work materials solely on this flash drive. You may end up with corrupt or missing files and your teacher or boss will think you are making excuses.

Not the best USB key at all. Not reccomended.

The key also fails to boot when making a bootable usb key for linux or windows, even though others work very well at it this key is different somehow.

Edit: Cheap price good for a backup, once files are on it you can test the consistency and then they should be safe. However if you put files on the drive to bring elsewhere follow these instructions.

1- Plug flash drive
2- copy files
3- unplug flash drive
4- plug flash drive and VERIFY that all your files work and are copied before heading to location 2.

Note: Do not MOVE files to this flash drive or you may lose the files completely. Instead copy the files and only delete the originals after you've made sure the copy works.

This key was tested on several pc's now (15+) with all OS versions currently used today. Similar effects except for MAC and Linux which appear to be able to use the key better.

I now use Data Traveler Elite USB 3.0 USB keys by Kingston. They work beautifully especially for bootable usb keys. Are about same price, and when they decide to fail they stop working completely so there is no worry about whether my files copied successfully or not. The safely remove hardware icon appears as it should and always works. I have never had a corrupt file with the Data Traveler. But the San Disk gave me nothing but trouble. Not their best USB Key.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 19, 2011
For the price, this is a fairly good bargain for simple transferring of data. The 8gb version really can store almost 2,000 songs or over 2,000 photos. I've yet to try the video, but it claims to be able to store almost 16 hours. However, this driver is amazingly slow (hence the price). I transferred several 12 megapixels photos to it and then plugged it into my flat screen USB. The images were flawless, but the loading was excruciatingly slow. You watch as it slowly rolls out the photo from the top of your screen to the bottom. Ouch. However, for simple transference of files, it is fine. I was able to transfer several MP3's from my desktop to my laptop. Check out other brands and sizes for price and quality. SanDisk has a good reputation, so I imagine this device will last a while - it's just a bit too slow. But there is a two-year warranty, so its sort of a bargain.