5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME CD
I didnt watch Idol this past season but my mom did and she wanted Kris to win from day 1. I borrowed his cd from her after hearing him sing on SYTYCD and I LOVE IT, I am going to buy the CD. He sounds like the lead singer of The Script which is one of my fave bands. I reccommend this cd to anyone. I am surprised that the sales for his cd were not high when it came out.
Published on Dec 17 2009 by S. Silva

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I thought it would be...mediocre
After having seen Kris Allen recently doing the circuit to promote this CD I didn't want to buy it
as a gift but did anyway. After listening to it my suspicions were confirmed...the wrong guy
won American Idol.
Published on Nov. 20 2009 by lebikerboy

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME CD, Dec 17 2009
S. Silva "pinkshoegirl" (manitoba, canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, Nov. 27 2009
This review is from: Kris Allen (Audio CD)
I've been a casual idol watcher since season 2, but have only purchased 2 idol CD's, first David Cook's, and now Kris Allen's. Like David Cook on his own CD, Kris was a writer/co-writer on 9 of the songs here. You feel his emotional connection with the music, and can't help but connect with it yourself, as a result. One wonderful surprise is that the usual degree of overproduction associated with Idol is absent from this CD. The songs include some up tempo pop, along with some emotional ballads, and his now famous cover of Kanye West's Heartless is a bonus track.

I highly recommend this CD. It's lots of fun, and there's not really not a single "filler" type song on the CD. I think you'll be surprised, in a good way, that this is from an American Idol winner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I thought it would be...mediocre, Nov. 20 2009
lebikerboy (Vancouver,BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
won American Idol.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing on Me, Nov. 29 2009
This review is from: Kris Allen (Audio CD)
I bought this CD because I liked Kris on Idol and thought he was getting a raw deal with all the voting controversy and so forth from Adam's fans. The more I listen to the CD, the better I like it. It's thoughtful, emotional, and intriguing. There's a good music mix, and some depth to the lyrics. So far, my favorite tracks are "Live Like We're Dying," "Red Guitar," and "Alright With Me", but I may have other favorites tomorrow. Nothing I dislike.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Good!, Nov. 18 2009
Billy Worthman (Newfoundland & Labrador) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kris Allen (Audio CD)
I Went and picked up my copy of Kris's cd yesterday as soon as it was released.. it was a good cd.. enjoyable songs and music.. i was kinda disappointed that the song "No Boundaries" was not included in it though .. overall okay cd.. nothing to die over.. but okay

Kris Allen
Kris Allen by Kris Allen (Audio CD - 2009)